What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Couldn't sleep... woke up about 2 hours ago...tossed and turned...couldn't drift off so I'm on here keeping quiet until a decent hour to get up and make coffee.

Make that coffee right now. The best time to make it is when you want it.

When my kids were small, I used to get up about an hour before they did in the warm weather. I would take my cup of coffee and go sit on the front porch and watch all the husbands go off to work. The wives were not happy with me. All they heard was; "Addie gets up early every morning and waves goodbye to all of us . Why can't you?" This was MY quiet time before my day began. The wives were so happy when it got too cold for me to sit outside. :chef:

I have to reorganize the pantry today, the oatmeal canister tried to escape yesterday and there is oatmeal (steel-cut) all over the place. Shrek is getting ready to go play with his guitar friends, so I'll be able to toss in any old movie and clean away.

I forget who it was who did it, but you guys who have cataloged your freezer's contents have made me want to do mine now! I would like to have a list of everything in there, but the task itself is freaking me out! :ermm::wacko::ohmy::eek:

See what you've done now?!:LOL::eek:

I forget who it was who did it, but you guys who have cataloged your freezer's contents have made me want to do mine now! I would like to have a list of everything in there, but the task itself is freaking me out! :ermm::wacko::ohmy::eek:

See what you've done now?!:LOL::eek:

That was my intention. Someone posted about a freezer inventory last year, and I'm really glad I did it. It's easy to keep up once you've done the initial work. Go ahead, Timothy, you'll be glad you did.

Earlier today I was sitting at my computer conversing with my friends. I got up to go to the outhouse and all of a sudden I became very sleepy. So from past experience, I knew that I had to lay down, or fall down. The latter didn't seem like a good option. The next thing I know is the phone is ringing and it is six o'clock. Dang Vicodin. I usually only take one. I took two this morning because my leg was really in a lot of pain. I still can't get over that I slept the whole afternoon away. :ohmy:

Addie said:
Earlier today I was sitting at my computer conversing with my friends. I got up to go to the outhouse and all of a sudden I became very sleepy. So from past experience, I knew that I had to lay down, or fall down. The latter didn't seem like a good option. The next thing I know is the phone is ringing and it is six o'clock. Dang Vicodin. I usually only take one. I took two this morning because my leg was really in a lot of pain. I still can't get over that I slept the whole afternoon away. :ohmy:

That is better than what happens if I take vicodin. I am sick throwing up all afternoon. Codeine on the other hand makes me sleep my life away. Glad you are awake now.

If I take one Vicodin (lortab), I can get up, go to work, have a good day. If I take two, I can jump out of bed, run around the block 6 times, go to work, run, run, run...get home and run around the block a few times some more and stay awake half the night. I don't know why they do that to me. That's the %'s, the 7.5's make me throw up, the 10's are just fine, relaxed and can get some decent sleep. It just doesn't make sense.

mofet, i'm at pizzatowne right now, picking up a sausage, hot peppers, no onions, parm, extra sauce.

ya want somethin'?

If I take one Vicodin (lortab), I can get up, go to work, have a good day. If I take two, I can jump out of bed, run around the block 6 times, go to work, run, run, run...get home and run around the block a few times some more and stay awake half the night. I don't know why they do that to me. That's the %'s, the 7.5's make me throw up, the 10's are just fine, relaxed and can get some decent sleep. It just doesn't make sense.

I used to be like that. But my system seems to have changed. Now they make me so sleepy. I would rather have it your way. Thursday I went to see my doctor. I had a migraine headache and they gave me some compazine to stop my vomiting. It stopped it all right. And it knocked me right out. I slept in the office for three hours straight. The only thing that works for the headaches is sleep. Once I wake up, the pain is gone. but I hate that. I feel as if I have missed part of my life. :chef:

I used to be like that. But my system seems to have changed. Now they make me so sleepy. I would rather have it your way. Thursday I went to see my doctor. I had a migraine headache and they gave me some compazine to stop my vomiting. It stopped it all right. And it knocked me right out. I slept in the office for three hours straight. The only thing that works for the headaches is sleep. Once I wake up, the pain is gone. but I hate that. I feel as if I have missed part of my life. :chef:

Now that I can take ibuprofen again, I'm weaning myself off the Lortab. The ibuprofen works better for me on all levels and it is over the counter. I will keep the Lortab, though, nice to have around if something happens that the over the counter stuff just doesn't work.

Now that I can take ibuprofen again, I'm weaning myself off the Lortab. The ibuprofen works better for me on all levels and it is over the counter. I will keep the Lortab, though, nice to have around if something happens that the over the counter stuff just doesn't work.

My son has a fit because I keep extra meds for "just in case." He keeps telling me that he can phone in a med if I need it at an inconvenient time. Like my doctor is not available in the middle of the night. I usually know what is wrong. Like a bladder infection. I know what I need, so I usually have a couple of pills on hand to take right away and can stop it in its tracks. Lord knows I have had them often enough that I have almost become an expert on them. By the time I get to my doctor, I am ready for the hospital instead of just a script. :(

My son has a fit because I keep extra meds for "just in case." He keeps telling me that he can phone in a med if I need it at an inconvenient time. Like my doctor is not available in the middle of the night. I usually know what is wrong. Like a bladder infection. I know what I need, so I usually have a couple of pills on hand to take right away and can stop it in its tracks. Lord knows I have had them often enough that I have almost become an expert on them. By the time I get to my doctor, I am ready for the hospital instead of just a script. :(

I don't keep extra antibiotics around, but I do have a repeat script if I do need them for bladder infections. Really the only "extra" I have that I don't use is my Nitrostat chest pains. I do need to get my muscle relaxant ordered again. Old whiplash injury is acting up more and more, if I can stop those in their tracks I can avoid a migraine.

I don't keep extra antibiotics around, but I do have a repeat script if I do need them for bladder infections. Really the only "extra" I have that I don't use is my Nitrostat chest pains. I do need to get my muscle relaxant ordered again. Old whiplash injury is acting up more and more, if I can stop those in their tracks I can avoid a migraine.

I have three bottles of the Nitro spray. One for my purse, one for the scooter and one beside my bed at all times. I was put on Ranexa for angina. It is a Godsend. Stop all problems I was having. If I am late taking my meds, right away I get angina and chest pains. :ohmy:

Just woke up...slow to start this morning. Can't decide what will happen today. Maybe nothing.

If it is permission you are looking for to do nothing, then consider it done. Today is Sunday. The day of rest. Sit back and watch the Pats run over the Ravens. And for snacks, you can have all the good stuff. All rules for sensible eating are out the window. You are hereby designated "Queen For A Day." :angel::angel:

If it is permission you are looking for to do nothing, then consider it done. Today is Sunday. The day of rest. Sit back and watch the Pats run over the Ravens. And for snacks, you can have all the good stuff. All rules for sensible eating are out the window. You are hereby designated "Queen For A Day." :angel::angel:

Actually, I'm awake enough now, I remembered I have to get ready starting today so we can have Shrek's "King For A Day," tomorrow. Going to check the boxed things and see what he will like...Brownies, Lemon Poppy Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Plain Scones, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...

Actually, I'm awake enough now, I remembered I have to get ready starting today so we can have Shrek's "King For A Day," tomorrow. Going to check the boxed things and see what he will like...Brownies, Lemon Poppy Muffins, Blueberry Muffins, Plain Scones, Blueberry Sour Cream Scones...

What a good wife. I may just cook something for myself today. For most of this month I have been just picking. A jar of pickles is not a meal. :yum:

i'm about to buy a set of four sea salts from qvc. one of them is smoked. they all have self-grinders. i think i'm sold. they are $30.00 for the four--table size. please stop me if this is not a good idea, but i do have this special thing for sea salt....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom