What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jewelry, faces, Santas, dolls and stuff. I haven't done it for awhile, and needed to replenish my clay supply. A girlfriend who also works with it told me of the sale.

What does your friend do with it?
Jewellery, I think mostly millefiori stuff. This one of my favourites:

21ba01e53c32ac3002b2b44bed2c13aa.jpg

Here's some of her stuff on Pinterest: Polymer Clay

She also made this in polymer clay:
il_570xN.406727736_ncpk.jpg

Yes, she is a professional artisan.

Wondering what the heck I'm going to do with this bit of news...I am allergic to shrimp and possibly crab, clams. etc. They served us a luncheon today for our great survey and I had 4 medium sized shrimp with cocktail sauce. About 30 minutes later, lips started tingling, ringing and itching in my ears, a little difficulty breathing. Nothing worse, luckily.

But, damn!!! Shrimp???

Wondering what the heck I'm going to do with this bit of news...I am allergic to shrimp and possibly crab, clams. etc. They served us a luncheon today for our great survey and I had 4 medium sized shrimp with cocktail sauce. About 30 minutes later, lips started tingling, ringing and itching in my ears, a little difficulty breathing. Nothing worse, luckily.

But, damn!!! Shrimp???

Oh no! You just found this out today? You haven't had allergies before?

Oh no! You just found this out today? You haven't had allergies before?

Nope, never. Some hateful side effects but no outright allergies that are life threatening. I've been a seafood, shellfish maniac eating machine for years. The NP thinks it may be hormonal, but I shouldn't take chances.

Nope, never. Some hateful side effects but no outright allergies that are life threatening. I've been a seafood, shellfish maniac eating machine for years. The NP thinks it may be hormonal, but I shouldn't take chances.

Could it be an allergy to something else, like the sauces? Oh cripes, anything but the shrimp!

Could it be an allergy to something else, like the sauces? Oh cripes, anything but the shrimp!

If it's tomatoes I'm done for...:ohmy: or onions or horseradish...

Shrimp is highly allergenic and it's possible to develop an allergy to it. My sister and a couple of the nephews have serious allergies, so it's not unheard of in my family.

Could be hormonal P.F. My sis-in-law developed a peanut allergy out of the blue in her late 50's. A few years later it's all but gone, and she can eat peanut butter again. Here's hoping your intolerance is temporary.....can't live without shrimp/prawns :(

Could be hormonal P.F. My sis-in-law developed a peanut allergy out of the blue in her late 50's. A few years later it's all but gone, and she can eat peanut butter again. Here's hoping your intolerance is temporary.....can't live without shrimp/prawns :(

Yes, that's what the NP told me...she went paperwhite when I asked her if I should test some iodine on my arm to see if that's what it was..."No! Absolutely NOT!" Nope, she wouldn't let me play with anaphylaxis...party pooper!!!

It was cocktail sauce, came out of a glass bottle, I didn't source it any further. I think I am going to trust on the shrimp being the culprit.

Wondering what the heck I'm going to do with this bit of news...I am allergic to shrimp and possibly crab, clams. etc....But, damn!!! Shrimp???

"Damn" is right! Hope it's a temporary condition. No cocktails, no scampi, no fried. :ohmy: :( Shrimp are my go-to in the freezer when I'm really stuck for supper. Don't know what I'd do if I caught a shrimp allergy. :ermm:

Right now I am so sleepy. But every time I go to lie down, I am wide awake. May I should just sleep in the chair. Something I have never done. :angel:
I've done some of my best sleeping in a chair! A while back I had such a kink in my shoulder I could not get comfy in bed. I grabbed my blankie and the heating pad and headed to my Lane Snuggler. It's like an extra-wide recliner, room for me and the kitty. I got all comfy in the chair and on the pad and slept the rest of the night. Woke up feeling better than ever. Since then, if I have problems sleeping I'll head to the chair and, usually, get a fuzzy companion to lull me off to dreamland.

But, damn!!! Shrimp???

That's how it started with my father. Next thing you know it's any shell fish. He's wound up at the emergency room before with a swollen tongue/difficulty breathing from eating fries that were cooked in the same oil shrimp were fried in. After that he started being real careful any time he ate out.

I've got a friend who works in clay. He's got some pretty bizarre stuff at his house. Moreso because it's lifesize.

Attachments

• 137089-666851-7.jpg
    137089-666851-7.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 174
Hmm pac, doggie get you up? Don't usually see you here during Vampire Hours. ;)

Your friend makes some rather, um, interesting? art.

I'm heading off to bed. If I yawn any wider I'll swallow myself! :ermm: Got a big day of college football starting around noon. Hopefully that 8:00PM game works in our favor...

She did. She didn't have to (or want to) go earlier, so I knew this would happen. She's making up for falling asleep early and sleeping through the night before, lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom