"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #7601
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
MrsLMB, What a nuisance. I hope you get it all cleared up quickly. Been there, done that. That's why we rent our water heater. For an emergency like that, they come within 24 hours and usually really quickly.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #7602
Chef Extraordinaire

Addie, I sure hope Teddy is feeling better soon.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #7603
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
This morning I am heading out to an appt to see my shoulder surgeon, this will be the 3rd time I have since him since my operation in April.

I am still in a lot of pain and I dont think I should I should be this long after the op
I don't really know, but it sure sounds to me like it is going on too long. I hope you get this straightened out and feel better soon.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #7604
Chef Extraordinaire

I drove Stirling to a doctor's appointment. It was a bit stressful driving. We are having our first real snowfall of the season. Thankfully, most of the drivers were taking that into consideration. On the way home I picked up some groceries and booze.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:34 PM   #7605
Certified Cake Maniac

Kylie - sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing it soon. I went through a similar thing with my knee and it is not fun. Surgery is supposed to end the pain. Sending gentle hugs to you.

Addie - I do hope Teddy is better soon. He and my Joie are quite a pair. Joie's eyes are a bit better but I can't get him to the vet until tomorrow now and they want the cone on him until they check it out.

MrsLMB - timing on those things are never good, but specially around the holidays. I hope you can salvage your holiday somehow through all of this.

Taxy - I hope the appointment went well and am glad you made it safely through the snow.

Princess - don't you know the Ogre curfew is 9:00?

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #7606
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Kylie - sorry to hear you are still in pain. I hope they can get to the bottom of what is causing it soon. I went through a similar thing with my knee and it is not fun. Surgery is supposed to end the pain. Sending gentle hugs to you.

Addie - I do hope Teddy is better soon. He and my Joie are quite a pair. Joie's eyes are a bit better but I can't get him to the vet until tomorrow now and they want the cone on him until they check it out.

MrsLMB - timing on those things are never good, but specially around the holidays. I hope you can salvage your holiday somehow through all of this.

Taxy - I hope the appointment went well and am glad you made it safely through the snow.

Princess - don't you know the Ogre curfew is 9:00?
+1

Interesting, MrsLMB. I went down the basement last night to find a soggy mess too. Water all over. Our guys are currently replacing our water heater. Not cheap!

As I drove past a neighbor's, I noticed they had their guys replacing THEIR water heater! Must be water heater season. Due to the drought this summer, our subdivision needed a new well dug. Then the state inspection had us having to super chlorinate the water TWICE. Now the water is OK, but leaves me to wonder if that process messed up our water heater.

Merry Water Heater Season!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #7607
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

He picked the movie time that would keep him out past curfew. I was just following along behind...
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #7608
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, I didn't have to replace my water heater, but I almost had water all over the basement.
I had to do a little plumbing the other day and that involved moving the slop sink, which meant unhooking the washer's drain hose from the back of the sink... yep, "somebody" forgot to hook it back onto the sink
Fortunately my washer is plugged into a GFCI, so it tripped it as soon as water started spraying everywhere. Of course a few hours later I went to throw the clothes in the dryer and they were still sitting in the washer filled with water
Basement woes...

What did the vet do for your dog, LP?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #7609
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
So sorry, it does always seem to happen at the worst times. I think there is no such thing as a good time for this.

Time for a song...

Love that little song

Yeah .. never a good time for sure. We had to replace our heater last month, the fridge 2 months ago, washing machine 3 months ago ... crap .. running out of money at Xmas stinks. Living on poverty level income doesn't make it fun for all these little surprises !! Oh well ... grandkids will just have to understand there is more the Christmas than pkgs under the tree.

On the upside we are alive, fairly healthy and I have DC !!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #7610
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
What did the vet do for your dog, LP?
I can't get him in until tomorrow afternoon. The vets had an emergency today - two dogs that were in an accident and needed surgery.

But he seems to be doing better as long as we keep cleaning the ears and eyes and keep the cone on. He seems used to it now and just stands there after going for a walk or eating, waiting for it to be put back on. He was also starving last night - which is a good sign. If Joie doesn't eat he is sick!

Thanks for your concern, Pac. I will keep you posted.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote