What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You have these in the center of your town? I wish we had one. That is so very nice! And do stay warm! With love, ~Cat
Yes we do Cat! It's really quite lovely, there is a small plaza where they put up the tree and it is decorated with giant ornaments, and believe it or not those ornaments do not go missing, as I first suspected they might. There also are some giant beautiful snowflakes that a co-worker of mine has made by welding metal. They are lighted as well and they, along with the tree make a splendid holiday scene. I took a picture of the tree, but it isn't very good, folks kept walking in front of my camera. I don't have a pic of the snow flakes, but I will try to remember to get some. The middle school band was playing Christmas Carols and the choir was singing, there was a craft fair in an unused storefront, and wagon rides pulled by four beautiful draft horses(maybe Clydesdales?) we do not have many downtown merchants, but some of them were offering free hot chocolate, mini donuts, popcorn and hot apple cider. The best part for the little kids was Santa and Mrs. Claus arriving on a vintage 1949 LaSalle fire engine. Santa then set up shop in the local pizza parlor to receive the little munchkins Christmas lists and wishes. Not bad for a really small town :)

image-3466751177.jpg

The Jello, Chips and Salsa were a big hit. One nurse was standing there eating chips and salsa, she suddenly hollers "OMG!!" What, What? She points at them and says, "I didn't notice they were bedpans." Here are the pics:

Attachments

• nurse party 001.JPG
    nurse party 001.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 151
  • nurse party 002.JPG
    nurse party 002.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 160
The Jello, Chips and Salsa were a big hit. One nurse was standing there eating chips and salsa, she suddenly hollers "OMG!!" What, What? She points at them and says, "I didn't notice they were bedpans." Here are the pics:

OMG. Too funny! Oh lordy, those bedpans, those specimen jars :ROFLMAO:

Hmm. We seem to be missing the Sangria urinals....

Last edited:
Cat, put MamaCat and PapaCat along with Carl in Joy and find a ritzy part of town. Drive them around to see all the lights. If you look in your local paper, usually on Thursday they will have a section telling you all about the holiday events going on in your city and surrounding towns. And most of them are free. Most Churches have a day of their choirs giving a concert. Beautiful music and usually refreshments after. :angel:

Oh! This is such a good idea! I'll also stuff Lakisha in Joy.

With love,
~Cat

That is almost as bad as my kitty litter cake. No wonder you are an ogress.

:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

Yes, you do. And that scares me. I come from a land of vampires and now I get an Ogress.

With love,
~Cat

You have these in the center of your town? I wish we had one. That is so very nice!

And do stay warm!

With love,
~Cat
Our town of 11,000 also does a tree lighting. I looked online to see if Asheville had anything like it, but it seems like Asheville doesn't have any big public tree lighting. There are quite a few events, and I found a couple websites that have all kinds of information. Some things are free, others cost $$$$$ dollars (read: Biltmore Estate) but here are the two links that seemed to have the most info:
Top 10 Holiday & Christmas Outings in Asheville
Asheville Event and Festival Calendar | Asheville, NC's Official Tourism Web Site

Now I'm really looking forward to getting back home for Christmas with our kids! When the kids were small we used to go to Roscoe Village every year for their tree lighting. Also, when I was back home a couple years ago for a "Girls' Week" with my best friend back home we took a drive down to Cambridge OH to view their Dicken's Victorian Village. Little vignettes of Victorian people, nearly life-size, every lamp post or two all along main street. Lovely! Either of those places are about an hour from our daughter's house. Then there would be the long trek over to Nela Park, General Electric's long-time running lighting display. My parents would take me every year! We took our kids once or twice. Time to start revisiting history...
images

lol, nice pics, Fi.
I think that would bother me, eating out of a bedpan. yuk. Just the thought...

lol, nice pics, Fi.
I think that would bother me, eating out of a bedpan. yuk. Just the thought...

LOL!!! It's amazing how much chips and salsa a group of 20 nurses can get through in three hours, even if served out of bed pans. I took a gallon of salsa and 4-12 oz bags of chips. Brought home about a quart of salsa and a half bag of chips.

I be making some hot dog buns.
I had wished my bun pan would fit into my new toaster oven, but it was too long. So I just unwrapped a new Maverick probe thermometer (I did have a back up of those) so I can get an accurate oven reading.

Cat,

Have you ever gone to Biltmore House at Christmas time, I would love to see it.

I might need to borrow a tiara! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Biltmore

If Biltmore at Christmas can't put you in the Christmas spirit, than nothing can.

Went a couple years ago and it has to be seen to be believed. We went during the day and did a self tour. We also did a candlelight tour that evening. The candlelight tour is so popular that you have to go at a specified time and join a moving line through the house. Each room is magnificent! It even snowed lightly while we were there, Perfect!

Downside, it's pretty expensive, but worth it at least once!

Congrat, Toffi. I like making something new to me, or outside my comfort zone.

I'm watching the Philly/Detroit game. It reminds me of the infamous "tuck rule" game it's snowing so hard. It doesn't often snow on the eastern side of the state without passing through my neck of the woods.

Back
Top Bottom