What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To be honest, I'm thinking of funny posts which someone may post into this thread:

"What Are You Doing?"

1. I'm digging a very stubborn booger out of my nose.

2. I just came back from checking the crawlspace under the house. I'm so very happy! There is room for at least three more bodies!

3. I heard a strange noise in the house last night, so I'm cleaning my gun.

4. I'm ordering a hit on an ex-friend. Isn't the Internet just wonderful?

5. I'm stocking the moat with alligators.

6. I'm trying to figure out why so many of my dinner party became ill. There wasn't THAT much arsenic in the potato salad.

7. My neighbor is being very annoying, and I can't find my chainsaw.

8. I'm so mad! No one got into a fight on the Jerry Springer Show today!

9. I'm very disappointed. No one wants to come to my house for meals. Like black mold and rats are some kind of a problem!

10. I hate this forum! Some Ogress took away my post for roasted termites. How else does one get rid of these things?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat

To be honest, I'm thinking of funny posts which someone may post into this thread:

"What Are You Doing?"

2. I just came back from checking the crawlspace under the house. I'm so very happy! There is room for at least three more bodies!

6. I'm trying to figure out why so many of my dinner party became ill. There wasn't THAT much arsenic in the potato salad.

9. I'm very disappointed. No one wants to come to my house for meals. Like black mold and rats are some kind of a problem!

10. I hate this forum! Some Ogress took away my post for roasted termites. How else does one get rid of these things?

Ha!

With love,
~Cat

Cat,

Have you gotten into some "wacky weed?"

Mamma was helping me! I have odd parents. We are supposed to take an innocent subject and turn it into something bizarre with outrageous results. I chose this. I have to copy just my post, explain it is in a cooking forum under the "What Are You Doing Thread" and turn it in tomorrow.

It's all part of this using the imagination for to twist subjects. I had to think up something very bizarre but which pertained to the topic. It's really not too out of character for me, I think weird things like this sometimes.

I've just never shown this. Also, I confess, I'm writing a book about a talking dog (Azia) who visits a Romanian orphanage and helps the little children. But Azia only speaks to them, and to no one else.

I watch my dog and my cats, and sometimes I put in my journal of how they speak to me in their own way.

We're supposed to use our imaginations when writing of fiction, and also for writing of humor. I thought of the weirdest things possible to be seen of this topic, and Mamma helped.

With love,
~Cat

Mamma was helping me! I have odd parents. We are supposed to take an innocent subject and turn it into something bizarre with outrageous results. I chose this. I have to copy just my post, explain it is in a cooking forum under the "What Are You Doing Thread" and turn it in tomorrow.

It's all part of this using the imagination for to twist subjects. I had to think up something very bizarre but which pertained to the topic. It's really not too out of character for me, I think weird things like this sometimes.

I've just never shown this. Also, I confess, I'm writing a book about a talking dog (Azia) who visits a Romanian orphanage and helps the little children. But Azia only speaks to them, and to no one else.

I watch my dog and my cats, and sometimes I put in my journal of how they speak to me in their own way.

We're supposed to use our imaginations when writing of fiction, and also for writing of humor. I thought of the weirdest things possible to be seen of this topic, and Mamma helped.

With love,
~Cat

Hmmm. Very interesting. I've always talked to my animals and, I believe, they reply. My little Bella is very talkative and we have lengthy conversations.

Your story about Azia sounds wonderful and would be a sweet comfort to parentless children. Do pursue it to completion.

Humor writing is one of the most difficult areas in which to write well. My late husband, Buck, was a humor writer and his stuff was wonderful. One thing he always said was that for humor to be believably funny was that the best humor was based on the truth or real experience. Think about that. Real life can be really funny.

Have fun.

Spike and I both swear Teddy can understand certain works like bath, walk, etc. And he won't jump up on my bed until I say the word "Up." When I ask him for a hug, he puts one paw up on my shoulder.

Spike keeps a water bowl for him upstairs in the bathroom. He will push it out to the top of the stairs when it is empty. He does the same with his food dish. He will push it right into your path. He doesn't have to bark or whine. He has his own way of letting you know what he wants. :angel:

Hmmm. Very interesting. I've always talked to my animals and, I believe, they reply. My little Bella is very talkative and we have lengthy conversations.

Your story about Azia sounds wonderful and would be a sweet comfort to parentless children. Do pursue it to completion.

Humor writing is one of the most difficult areas in which to write well. My late husband, Buck, was a humor writer and his stuff was wonderful. One thing he always said was that for humor to be believably funny was that the best humor was based on the truth or real experience. Think about that. Real life can be really funny.

Have fun.

Oh my! Thank you! My parents took me to see orphanages, so that I could understand them.

I was supposed to take an innocent subject and twist it and use my imagination for to twist it.

I failed this before, when I used my post about taking my cats and my dog to the vet, which was very real! But I failed. This is also the same Prof who questioned me about Joy and who was not nice to me.

He is still not nice. I thought I had put that experience into a funny way here, but he said I had no imagination, and that I was as dull as a brick.

So, Mamma and I did this. I wasn't funny with real experiences either, I see.

He is probably right. I must work on this.

With love,
~Cat

This was Cat's assignment, to think of very off the wall humor in a given setting. It's my fault; I thought of this.

We'll find something else, perhaps. It seems this was offending, so please take it away before anyone else finds it offensive.

MammaCat

"What Are You Doing?"

Ha!

With love,
~Cat

I HAD to...you were using my recipe.

The booger one is just gross, not really humorous.

Shrek has taught Smudge a trick, he points at her and says "speak", she meows back.. Now if you just point she meows.

This was Cat's assignment, to think of very off the wall humor in a given setting. It's my fault; I thought of this.

We'll find something else, perhaps. It seems this was offending, so please take it away before anyone else finds it offensive.

MammaCat

MammaCat, I don't find this offensive at all, just a bit out of character for ~Cat. We will be happy to help in reading if something is funny. I personally like the last one and it gave me a big grin.

Thank you, but for my daughter, the asking of the wacky weed hurt her very badly.

It was a simple assignment for them to think outside of the box and to use their imaginations.

I'll try to talk her into coming back.

MammaCat

Congrat, Toffi. I like making something new to me, or outside my comfort zone. I'm watching the Philly/Detroit game. It reminds me of the infamous "tuck rule" game it's snowing so hard. It doesn't often snow on the eastern side of the state without passing through my neck of the woods.

Thanks pac! I really want it to work :)

Ooh, Toffi, I see on another thread that you made Saskatoon berry jam. :yum: Can you get fresh at the store, or did you pick the berries and freeze them? I need to get off my backside and do some more pick up and cleaning. Sunday disappears so quickly.

Well Dawg, it looks more like syrup right now, but here's hoping :crazy: I can get frozen saskatoons in the grocery here, and there are a couple u-pick places fairly close. I bought some frozen from the one u-pick north of the city, and that's what I used this time around. This coming summer I will get some from the wild bushes up near my dads in Saskatchewan. Best berries ever, can't get enough of them!

Does the Beier Family celebrate christmas earlier than everybody else?

Well, actually I guess we do! ;)

TB has 3 sisters (2 BIL's), 1 brother (3 nephews who will be with their Mom this year on real Christmas), one niece with grand-nephew and another niece and nephew-in-law, plus his parents. Several live a day's drive (or drive and ferry ride) away and other family to be with on Christmas day. We used to get together on Christmas Eve (usual German tradition but Cara you would know that!). But as the family grew and moved further apart, it was easier to pick a date on a weekend before December 25th. This year it is Saturday December 14th.

On Christmas Day I will be having my in-laws and a family friend here for Dinner.

I sure know about christmas eve ;o)
And I know about the problem where to spent that evening... we want to be woth my family and first Franks mother said that it was no problem, but now she's complaining about it...

I would really like to go somewhere completely different, e.g. spending christmas in the snowy mountains... *sigh*

Nothing pressing for me today. All I have on the books is a trip to Wally World to pick up a package of assorted bungee cords. We are expecting a lot of snow mid-week (that's what they keep saying anyway) and it's time I started covering my tractor up with the tarp. I'll pick up a bottle of olive oil while I'm there, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom