What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pics... :rolleyes:
This is all you're gettin' from out the window. It's cold out there. And blowing. And dark :shock:
No, I don't name them :wacko:

Nice, Pac! Nothing wrong with Jeeps. I love to play around with all that new car tech stuff. And then I keep the manual in the glove compartment with stickie tabs, as I will never remember how to change the clock again the next time.

Nice, Pac! Nothing wrong with Jeeps. I love to play around with all that new car tech stuff. And then I keep the manual in the glove compartment with stickie tabs, as I will never remember how to change the clock again the next time.

Do you read the manual from cover to cover?

This is all you're gettin' from out the window. It's cold out there. And blowing. And dark :shock:

Oh my! What a very nice Jeep! I do love it when people get nice things! Is it black? It looks like it might be. If it is, you could call her Black Beauty.

And just WHAT is wrong with naming cars, eh? :ermm::LOL:

Pacanis, I'm very, very happy for you. It seems from the photo you get very much snow. This Jeep is 4WD and it is also heavy and well-built and so she will take very good care of you in bad weather among crummy drivers. You'll be very safe.

With love,
~Cat

Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!

Does anyone ever get just sick of people! It's been a long, trying day. I will be happy when the holiday season is behind us. Bah Humbug!

I understand where you are coming from, SB. But once in awhile I find that one nice person what makes the rest not matter. Hope that will happen to you soon :)

I am actually literally breathing a little easier.

We found out yesterday that our place actually isn't full of mold as we thought from my asthma attacks. The restoration guy said that the work done after our flood four years ago seems to have held it at bay. The suggestions were to have the windowsills bleached to remove the mold around them and to get more air purifiers in the areas I am in most. We did that today and I already feel better.

The trouble is, I am feeling better and had a long nap (with the purifier working in the room) and now I can't get to sleep.:wacko: So, that is why I decided to visit. :)

Now, if I could get the pain levels back down I would be happy. I had some tests done today and have more next week.

Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.

I am actually literally breathing a little easier.

We found out yesterday that our place actually isn't full of mold as we thought from my asthma attacks. The restoration guy said that the work done after our flood four years ago seems to have held it at bay. The suggestions were to have the windowsills bleached to remove the mold around them and to get more air purifiers in the areas I am in most. We did that today and I already feel better.

The trouble is, I am feeling better and had a long nap (with the purifier working in the room) and now I can't get to sleep.:wacko: So, that is why I decided to visit. :)

Now, if I could get the pain levels back down I would be happy. I had some tests done today and have more next week.

Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.

I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you get sound rest.

With love,
~Cat

I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope you get sound rest.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks, Cat. We haven't "met" yet. I have been around DC on and off for several years now. I took a break in June because of health issues which limit the use of my hands among other things. It is good to be posting once in awhile and to meet new people! I have read some of your posts and you seem to be a very caring person.:)

attachment.php

Nice wheels pac! Neighbor behind our first house would own nothing but a Jeep. He'd generally get at least a half-million miles out of them. And only girls name vehicles. Guys usually just call their car "bill". :mrgreen:

I am actually literally breathing a little easier......Well, I will go and make TB's lunch for tomorrow as he is back to work. Then will try and get some sleep/rest.
Breathing is good LB, breathing is good. Glad you're finding solutions to some of the problems around you. And glad to hear TB is back to work. No one wanted Himself, so I guess I'll keep him. ;)

My Dad used to say "It takes all kinds of people to make the world. I'm glad I'm not one of them". :LOL: Except if there were more people like my Dad you wouldn't feel the way you do now. Hang in there. Christmas is just two weeks away. Yikes! :ermm: Two weeks! :ohmy: I'm doomed.

Pac, I got a new vehicle too - I traded in my 95 Sunfire for a 2009 Montana Van. I was finding getting in and out of the Sunfire (my Dad's) was getting more difficult and being in a van is more comfortable and easier to drive. Now we have a camping vehicle!

I actually always wanted a Jeep....maybe my next vehicle!

Anyway, congrats, it's a beauty.

Thanks guys. :)
This will be my second Jeep. I had a Wrangler a while back. It was OK, but not geared for the highway.
The thing that always steered me away from Cherokees is it seems something is always going wrong with them. My BIL had to have the water pump replaced on his new one last year. Seems they've been this way forever, but, being a Dodge/Mopar guy, they are using the same engine now in Jeeps that they are Durangos, which I was always looking at. And the Jeep is just a much nicer vehicle, plus more dealer incentives. It didn't seem to matter which way I went as far as reliability. Time will tell. And hopefully they have the seat heater thing fixed, as mine has heated seats, too.

And yes, it's black. I think it's the same color my truck was, black with a metal flake.

Oh, RDawg, I baked hot dog buns the other day. I tend to get that white stuff everywhere :LOL:

Is that a sunroof I see on your new baby? I really thing you should give him a name. Remember the TV show from the 50's whose main character was named "Blackie"? I thing that would be a good name for him. He was a rough around the edges cop/detective. :angel:

Thanks guys. :)
This will be my second Jeep. I had a Wrangler a while back. It was OK, but not geared for the highway.
The thing that always steered me away from Cherokees is it seems something is always going wrong with them. My BIL had to have the water pump replaced on his new one last year. Seems they've been this way forever, but, being a Dodge/Mopar guy, they are using the same engine now in Jeeps that they are Durangos, which I was always looking at. And the Jeep is just a much nicer vehicle, plus more dealer incentives. It didn't seem to matter which way I went as far as reliability. Time will tell. And hopefully they have the seat heater thing fixed, as mine has heated seats, too.

And yes, it's black. I think it's the same color my truck was, black with a metal flake.

Oh, RDawg, I baked hot dog buns the other day. I tend to get that white stuff everywhere :LOL:

I didn't know Jeep was using Chrysler engines. It makes sense as they are all the same company. GM now has one "corporate" engine that goes into all their cars.

PS: Inanimate objects don't need to be named.

Andy, some of their vehicles use their own engine, the Hemis I think, but their V6 vehicles use a "Pentatar" engine... I don't know where it's made, but it's more power and better economy.

Addie, I thought Blackie was a cowboy's name... the fifties is a little before my time. Maybe it was a horse's name, lol.

do cars work without a name? :ermm:
all of our cars have names (Except for the company car), well, they belong to the family!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom