What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spike just left with Teddy. He told me that he got a phone call from Winthrop this morning. I Had been awake for more than 24 hours and when I crashed this morning, I really crashed. I heard nothing. So when my ride for my morning appointment showed up and I didn't answer, they called Winthrop and told them they couldn't get a response from them ringing my doorbell or when they called me on the phone. So they called Winthrop and in turn Winthrop called Spike. Did he have any knowledge of if I was all right? He told them about my sleepless days and told them I was all right, just into a really deep sleep. So one problem solved. Nice to know they really do check up on me though.

Spike brought me my requested bag of flaked coconut for the Christmas Cake. Now I have to make some Royal icing for the holly leaves. I have the already cut outs from years ago. I have to make them a couple of days ahead to give them time to set.

So I am just relaxing and watching North Woods Law. :angel:

Mustard and grape jelly even? That's new to me.
So many things to try.

I'm watching the game on TV and just finished dinner.

Amazingly difficult: Welch's Grape Jelly and Heinz Chili Sauce, with frozen cocktail meatballs. I'm heating it on the stove so the sauce cooks in, then will warm and transport in the CP. I used 32 oz jelly and 3 bottles chili sauce, 60 oz frozen meatballs. Around here, these disappear quickly, I think the recipe is from the '50s, usually with just 2 bottles of chili sauce. I like the tang of 3.

Oh, yeah, I remember that. I had forgotten about it. A very tasty appetizer that everyone seems to love.

Thanks!

I am sitting here with the TV on. Along comes a commercial for Hundai cars. I look up and see the headlights on. They look like the eyes of aliens. I am going to have nightmares tonight. :angel:

Going to bed, have THE appointment with the surgeon in the morning and have to drag the Ogre with me. There will be a battle for the bathroom in the AM.

+1 PF. And don't kill The Ogre. ;)

I just finished balancing five months of bank statements. :wacko: I have no clue why I haven't stopped the paper ones and just get an email notification from the credit union every month. I do a quick balance anyway every time I log into the C.U. Welp, it took me almost two years to finally go cellular only and cut the cord with the phone company. Baby steps...:LOL:

Last edited:
Not much snow overnight, but the wind drifted part of my driveway again, so... I'll be snow blowing again this morning. Right now I am drinking coffee.

Not much snow overnight, but the wind drifted part of my driveway again, so... I'll be snow blowing again this morning. Right now I am drinking coffee.

No new snow here, windy and bitter cold!

Over four feet of snow on the Tug Hill Plateau, just north of here, I would have to move!

Just finished making a big pot of bean soup, the cupboard ain't bare, but nothing very exciting in it.

I never did make it to Walmart, I need to make a store run when the temp. breaks out of the teens! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Going to bed, have THE appointment with the surgeon in the morning and have to drag the Ogre with me. There will be a battle for the bathroom in the AM.

I hope the medical folks taking care of you are as kind and really caring to you as you are to your 'clientele.' More good vibes from way down here.

:angel: Everyone needs one to watch out for them. Here's yours. Good luck PF.

It must really cold out. My heat keeps kicking on about every five minutes. I managed to get enough sleep last night that I should be able to accomplish something today. When the Pirate was here the other night, I had the sink empty except for my very large white bowl. He shows up and used two frying pans to cook himself something to eat. And just left the mess for me to clean up. I hope he shows up tonight because I have some work for him to do. :angel:

When my kids were teens, they were taught "if you're not going to clean up after yourself, you're not allowed to cook anything." We did not have a dishwasher. Since I was working, I ran a tight ship with them. To this day, they clean up after themselves as soon as they eat.

No new snow here, windy and bitter cold!

Over four feet of snow on the Tug Hill Plateau, just north of here, I would have to move!

Just finished making a big pot of bean soup, the cupboard ain't bare, but nothing very exciting in it.

I never did make it to Walmart, I need to make a store run when the temp. breaks out of the teens! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Well I ended up snowblowing the whole thing again. There was a lot more drifting than I thought. This stupid wind from the south is to blame.
And I also need to make a run to Wally World. I need a 10" round cake pan. Maybe I can put a few more items on my list to make the trip worth it. The other day it was right in and right out with just the bungees I needed. I know I still need olive oil. That's one more item anyway.

Well I ended up snowblowing the whole thing again. There was a lot more drifting than I thought. This stupid wind from the south is to blame...

Can you put a stretch of snow fence along that side to stop the snow's drifting in the driveway?

I used to do just that, Andy. It really wasn't worth the effort. Unless it is positioned exactly right it can cause more/deeper drifting. And it looks like crap, lol.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom