What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't we have a snow fence discussion last year? It would save Pac a lot of work or maybe he enjoys playing in the snow.

Right now I am sitting here eating jerky. I better get the bag out of here or I'll eat the whole thing.
My neighbor made it and brought me some when he brought over some sausage yesterday. He made it from last year's deer sausage that he hadn't used, so it was already seasoned and he just had to add the curing salt and whatever else before he dehydrated it. The texture and taste is iincredible. Best jerky I ever ate. Making it from ground meat means it has just the right amount of chew without losing teeth tearing a piece off. Incredible. I think I'll have another piece before I put it away.

+1 PF. And don't kill The Ogre. ;)

I just finished balancing five months of bank statements. :wacko: I have no clue why I haven't stopped the paper ones and just get an email notification from the credit union every month. I do a quick balance anyway every time I log into the C.U. Welp, it took me almost two years to finally go cellular only and cut the cord with the phone company. Baby steps...:LOL:

This is why I prefer my debit account. Any bills get paid with money orders which are purchased with the debit card. When I need to check my balance I just call and get it. My balance right now includes all charges including computer purchases and payments. All transactions are complete when I make them.

My current (telephone) balance is what I really have, and I don't have to allow for non-cleared checks because there aren't any.

Yeah, I played around with it for about eight years, moving it different distances from my driveway and angling it differently.

Just leave it in the driveway pac. That new Jeep should have no problem plowing through it...:LOL:

Hah! Believe me, I wish I could! I'd never clear my driveway. Unfortunately I have a small business on my property with something called customers :LOL:

I am just trying to wake up. At times like this I really wish I could drink coffee, but the migraine I would get far out weighs the fatigue. :(

I am going to bake some goodies to take to my MIL tomorrow. She doesn't want Christmas gifts anymore, but they spend their winters in Palm Springs and she doesn't get home in time to bake (they arrived Wednesday and we are having the family dinner tomorrow). My neighbour is coming over to help me as I can't stand for very long any more. Besides, we have a great time together!

I am also hoping to finish making my Christmas cards and get them out. This is the first time making them. They aren't perfect because of my hands, but oddly I don't care! It seems that by accepting my new lessor abilities, I am also letting go of my perfectionism! :clap:

I just got off the phone with my doctor. My blood tests came back and I am still anemic and I am back to getting B12 shots.
Plus the xrays show the osteoarthritis is progressing in my neck, hands, feet and good knee.

Other things too but I don't want to bore you.

I could get down about this but I am a fighter and have better things to do than mope. I must say I am so glad I am back here though. Reading everyone else's stories helps to lift me up.

Now I have to go make some triple chip cookies for Andy!:chef:

Laurie,
sending a big bunch of hugs to you!! Hope somehow your pain will lessen some time!
Thanks, Cara. I came to terms awhile back that my pain will never go away and as is happening now, will only get worse. It is a fact of life. What I have isn't fatal, but the sum of my diagnoses are debilitating and I have accepted that. Through my faith and my pain clinics I am equipped to deal with whatever comes...I don't have to like it, but it won't break me!

Ma was a huge inspiration for me. I will never forget her.

I just got off the phone with my doctor. My blood tests came back and I am still anemic and I am back to getting B12 shots.
Plus the xrays show the osteoarthritis is progressing in my neck, hands, feet and good knee.

Other things too but I don't want to bore you.

I could get down about this but I am a fighter and have better things to do than mope. I must say I am so glad I am back here though. Reading everyone else's stories helps to lift me up.

Now I have to go make some triple chip cookies for Andy!:chef:

I'm glad you came back too, Laurie.

I was thinking about Ma today too and missing her.

Cookies?? Yesterday for the first time in over a year, and the first time at 7000 ft altitude, I made cookies; peanut butter with chocolate chips. They were a little dry, but perfectly edible:D

I'm glad you came back too, Laurie.

I was thinking about Ma today too and missing her.

Cookies?? Yesterday for the first time in over a year, and the first time at 7000 ft altitude, I made cookies; peanut butter with chocolate chips. They were a little dry, but perfectly edible:D

7000 ft????? How the heck do you breath up there??

I'm very happy! Carl and Lakisha are spending tonight here. We have been studying, and now we are through with that.

We're here looking at posts and then we'll watch the Grinch.

Mamma and I have done some Christmas shopping today for Papa, DA, Gwen, and DAB. I have missed her so very much. At home, she would take me shopping for presents, and we always stopped at a little cafe for coffee and pastries.

Today was as the old times with Mamma. She drove my Joy and she loved her! And we found a nice little cafe and we had tea and soup.

This may sound very odd, but I find myself loving my parents many times over. Maybe someday if I adopt my children, I may be as good of a parent as they are.

With love,
~Cat

I'm repeating to myself, "I love my cat, I love my cat, I LOVE my cat" so I don't forget it! He just vomited all over the entire couch! I don't know if you non cat people will be able to believe that, but the cat owners will. It's like he sprouted a sprinkler head and sprayed vomit EVERYWHERE. I even had to take a Q Tip and clean out one of my USB ports on my laptop. Gross. SUPER gross.

Back
Top Bottom