What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I have a date for surgery! The nurse said she's get me in after the new year...January 2nd, I check in at 1030 for surgery at 1230. It's not getting here fast enough...

And that is the date I have with the surgeon for my gall bladder. I will be thinking happy thoughts for you.

Don't think about it. Just enjoy Christmas and before you know it, the day will arrive. :angel:

Last edited:
I'm trying to finish up my synopsis for my first novel so that I can submit it to James W. Hall for the workshop he's teaching in January while I'm in Key West. Final editing on the first ten pages of the book and I should be good to go. Crossing my fingers that he likes it but butchers it so that we can make it even better.

And that is the date I have with the surgeon for my gall bladder. I will be thinking happy thoughts for you.

Don't think about it. Just enjoy Christmas and before you know it, the day will arrive. :angel:

I'll be thinking of you right up until they put me under! Good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!:angel:

I'll be thinking of you right up until they put me under! Good thoughts and prayers for your surgery!:angel:

PF, I always go into surgery with an upbeat attitude. "Okay, lets get started and get this over with." And when I came to after my heart surgery, my son Poo was standing there. I gave him and the surgeon two thumbs up. Still had the intubation tube in. I even tried to give a smile. The surgeon started to laugh and said, "She is going to be all right." He took the tube out right then and there. The next day I was sitting up in a chair doing my needlework. I was out of the hospital in less than ten days and four weeks later back at work. I refuse to be sick. I don't have time.

Hey, how many folks do you know that come our from the anesthesia and start singing Christmas Carols and have everyone in the OR join in while I sang the harmony? It is all in your attitude going into it. :angel:

Okay, I have a date for surgery! The nurse said she's get me in after the new year...January 2nd, I check in at 1030 for surgery at 1230. It's not getting here fast enough...
And a very Happy New Year to you PF! Great way to start it off, getting rid of the detritus from the previous year. Be safe, be well. You (and Shrek, your family, and the entire surgical and hospital team) are in my prayers.

Oh Addie! I'm thinking of you and we will be praying for you. Mamma saw all of this and we are with you and our Ogress in our thoughts and prayers.

Please, Addie, tell us how you are doing. I'm so worried for you, my dear friend and my precious Ogress.

With very much love,
~Your Cat

I just found out that my sister's radiation treatments have failed to stop the more aggressive form of her cancer and she is looking at more surgery in the new year. This time they will have to remove organs - a colostomy for sure. She has been battling this for a year now and after her initial surgery to remove the tumour in her tailbone, she had 7 more to drain the wound as it wouldn't heal. They fear that this might happen again.

I have gotten to see a whole different side of her during all of this. We were never really close because of an age difference (we both say we grew up as only children :LOL:) however, our Dad's illness and passing and now her illness and mine have really brought both of us closer together.

With the news of Ma's passing as well as that of another friend's husband and now this, I am feeling very sad. But I have my kitty and faithful mutt here keeping me company!

Not to mention TB, right? Not much I can say but I'll keep your sister in my thoughts and prayers - and an extra one for strength for you.

I actually didn't mention TB because he was in his office working on his new hobby (Christmas music and light shows) :LOL:. But he did give me a huge hug and dried my tears when we got the call. He cares about my sister too so I know he is hurting and the best way for him to deal is to keep himself busy.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. That's all I ask of anyone. It is just nice that I can come here and vent it out. I am really kicking myself that I stayed away so long. But I really wasn't ready physically or emotionally.

Oh Addie! I'm thinking of you and we will be praying for you. Mamma saw all of this and we are with you and our Ogress in our thoughts and prayers.

Please, Addie, tell us how you are doing. I'm so worried for you, my dear friend and my precious Ogress.

With very much love,
~Your Cat

I am doing fine. This coming surgery is a preventive measure. I have had two gall bladder attacks. They are very painful and I don't want another one. No need to worry. If and when I should become disabled in any manner, my kids have been instructed to notify the forum immediately. :angel:

:blink: Right now I am having a massive sinus attack. This is something new for me. I have never had a sinus problem in my whole life. I can't help wondering if it may have something to do with my earache.

I have had a chronic earache since birth. I was born with my adenoids down where my nostrils are. As you all know, babies breath through their nose. So when I was three hours old I had my first surgery to remove them. Then at three months I had to have my mastoids removed as I got an infection from the first surgery. Since then I have always had an earache. I am so used to the earache, that about every ten years I will develop an abscess in both ears at the same time and have to have them drained. That is when I really miss my low key earache. I lose my balance big time. I can't walk straight and can hardly wait until my ear fills up again.

So for the past couple of weeks every since the real cold weather has set in, my earache has increased. It just may be the reason for the sinus pain. Oh Joy. Just what I need. Another health problem. Well, I took a Vicodin. Hope it works. :angel:

I took a little walk out to the end of my driveway. It's blowin', but it didn't do much snowin' (finally). And that means no snow blowing this morning!
Later on this morning I'll be getting the trailer hitch put on my Jeep then going to my BIL's and taking a look at the smoker I got him last Christmas. He can't get any smoke from it, it just cooks.

I do eat healthy. But I have also been smoking since I was ten years old. Why quit now? So I can live longer? How long do you want me to live? 'Til I am on life support? My job is done. My kids are grown and successful. I don't want to spend my last days cleaning. I enjoy smoking. :angel:

Oh, I was not criticizing or requesting that you quit. Smoking is not illegal and you have every right to do it. It just surprised me. You enjoy smoking.... some of us enjoy eating.

Oh, I was not criticizing or requesting that you quit. Smoking is not illegal and you have every right to do it. It just surprised me. You enjoy smoking.... some of us enjoy eating.

Oh I didn't take it as criticism. It doesn't bother me what folks think about my smoking. I do make an effort to not smoke in anyone's home that doesn't like it. Nor do I blow smoke in someone's face. I do try to be a considerate smoker. One of the nice things about my doctor is that he never mentions it except to ask how many I smoke a day so he can put it in the record. I once mentioned to him that I think my body would have a seizure if I quit smoking. He laughed and said I was probably right. :angel:

I was sitting here and Spike showed up with Teddy. All of a sudden I became really cold. I had been sitting here all night in my nightgown and was feeling very comfortable. I checked the temp outside. It had dropped down to 10ºF. And the wind was picking up. I had to push the thermostat up a notch. I even put my sweater on. I hate wearing a sweater in the house. And the temp is still falling. :angel:

My sister-in-law was trying to get her 82 year old mother to quit smoking. She would smoke in the bathroom in her own home when her kids were visiting so they wouldn't see her smoke. Her doctor told the kids to let her smoke. If she made it to 82 as a smoker it wasn't going to kill her now! She eventually passed away, but don't we all?

My sister-in-law was trying to get her 82 year old mother to quit smoking. She would smoke in the bathroom in her own home when her kids were visiting so they wouldn't see her smoke. Her doctor told the kids to let her smoke. If she made it to 82 as a smoker it wasn't going to kill her now! She eventually passed away, but don't we all?

Three of my kids are smokers. We all want a pack of cigarettes to go with us at the end. We figure where we are going there will be plenty of fire to light them up with. :angel:

Three of my kids are smokers. We all want a pack of cigarettes to go with us at the end. We figure where we are going there will be plenty of fire to light them up with. :angel:

Well, now I will know where to get some if I get the hankering to start back up...:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom