What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw Laurie (((gentle hugs))). I'm sending healing vibes in your direction and towards your sister. Is that the same direction?

I just got back from taking Shreddy to the vet. It is frelling cold out there, -18C.

I'm snooping on Cat's desktop computer (I do have her permission) as she and PapaCat are outside riding their bikes with Azia. The day after their spat, he bought a cheap bike so they could spend more time together.

Their relationship is much closer now. This morning he told Cat that she would always be his little girl, no matter how old she got. A month ago, Cat would have had a fit if he had said that. But now, she just hugged him and said, "Aren't you lucky, Papa? You have a little girl and a big girl now. That's two for the price of one!"

Cat showed me how to upload an avatar, and she found this kettle for me. I was looking at some of her documents and came across a folder titled: "Don't Look Mamma!" They came in for water and I asked her what that folder was and she said, "Don't look in that one, please. You'll find out what that is on Christmas." It's her Christmas list, I'll bet.

I dread the day we'll leave her. Lakisha has offered to accompany us to the airport and lend her support to Cat. That does make me feel a little bit better, but not very much.

Christmas is coming very quickly! Carl is taking us Christmas shopping tomorrow. He's a very good driver, and we're comfortable with him. He's a very nice young man. I can see he cares deeply for Cat, which doesn't surprise me at all. He's also sensitive as she is. It will be interesting to see where this goes.

Well, I'm off to water the plants and see what Aunty Stela is up to.

MammaCat

I'm monitoring my grandson's homework completion. He has assignments on three different websites every day, one for math, one for reading and another for spelling. Then he has to read aloud for twenty minutes. Plus the teacher assigns other homework several times a week.

I just made a reservation to board Shreddy while we spend Xmas in Cornwall, ON with my mummy-in-law. It's a lady who lives not far from me. I got her name at the vet. She works there one day a week, so she knows when she needs to bring a cat to the vet.

I also found the space heater and plugged it in. I put a heating pad on the sofa for Shreddy. It's cold out and not all that warm in the house.

Last edited:
Leave it to Cat to find just the right words to say to her Papa. Love the tea kettle. :angel:

Thank you, Addie. Mamma's right, and I'm learning so much about Papa that I never knew. When I was home, he was away very much on business. This is the first time I've had him all to myself, and he's very fascinating!

He still pats me on my head when he walks past me in the house. He has done that for as long as I could remember. Sometimes I walk past him on purpose for that little pat. I'll do that to my children someday.

I'm trying to figure out dinner right now. I have some very nice chicken leg quarters I bought yesterday. Carl is staying here until the 21st, when he goes home to his Mamma for Christmas. Today he was gone in Joy to see Lakisha and do his Christmas shopping and he had a doctor's appointment for his asthma. He called and will be here in a few minutes. He didn't wreck Joy and he put her through the car wash for me. He is so very kind!

With love,
~Cat

We needed milk and coffee cream. It's so cold that neither of us was willing to walk one block to the convenience store. We finally decided to drive. It was 0.3 km there. And since we live on a one way street, the trip home was longer. Total distance: 1.3 km.

I'm with the Cat and the Dawg. It's very lovely, Fiona. Shrek, indeed, made a very nice choice!

MammaCat

My other choice was a $600 espresso machine:ROFLMAO: Shrek gave me a stack of catalogs and said, "Whatever you want, Babe!"

I'm monitoring my grandson's homework completion. He has assignments on three different websites every day, one for math, one for reading and another for spelling. Then he has to read aloud for twenty minutes. Plus the teacher assigns other homework several times a week.

The amount of homework a child gets today really concerns me. Do adults bring home as much work as a child is given on a daily basis for homework? Secretaries don't bring their work home, nor do nurses bring home the patient's charts to finish up. Construction workers certainly don't bring their work home. Yet we expect children who have just entered the educational system to not only put in a full day at school, but two or more hours at home. When do they get a chance to continue being just a child.

I commend you Andy for being there for your grandson. A lot of children are left on their own to see that their assignments are completed. What would happen if a computer were not available to him. There are some homes that heat for the winter is more important than a computer. Unfortunately.

Rant over! Glad to see that someone is there for the little one. He has a great Grandpa! :angel:

That is gorgeous, your Ogreness. TB ordered my gifts and they come on Friday but I am not supposed to look.

I am more than a little upset with my doctor. I phoned at 10 am this morning and said that I needed more of my version of Tylenol 3 (Emtech has no caffeine which gives me migraines). I have been feeling like I have yet another kidney stone and I said while I didn't think I needed to come in to see her, could the doctor send in a new prescription as the pharmacy doesn't seem to have one on record (I only take it when I really need it which is only when the pain is beyond my management techniques). They never did it so the pharmacy found one that was 4 years old and faxed it to the doctor well before office closing time. I never did get it and am working with my Tylenol arthritis. I can manage the pain, but would really prefer some relief. There is no point in going to the hospital because it feels like a small one and they usually pass on their own.

So, I am sitting in my chair with my kitty on my lap and my mutt at my feet with the heating pad TB got for me. If this doesn't help me through, nothing will!

That is gorgeous, your Ogreness. TB ordered my gifts and they come on Friday but I am not supposed to look.

I am more than a little upset with my doctor. I phoned at 10 am this morning and said that I needed more of my version of Tylenol 3 (Emtech has no caffeine which gives me migraines). I have been feeling like I have yet another kidney stone and I said while I didn't think I needed to come in to see her, could the doctor send in a new prescription as the pharmacy doesn't seem to have one on record (I only take it when I really need it which is only when the pain is beyond my management techniques). They never did it so the pharmacy found one that was 4 years old and faxed it to the doctor well before office closing time. I never did get it and am working with my Tylenol arthritis. I can manage the pain, but would really prefer some relief. There is no point in going to the hospital because it feels like a small one and they usually pass on their own.

So, I am sitting in my chair with my kitty on my lap and my mutt at my feet with the heating pad TB got for me. If this doesn't help me through, nothing will!

Oh no. I'm sorry you are hurting. Cats and mutts are very nice when you hurt. What is TB?

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom