What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TB is LP's Ogre...

Thanks, Princess. I wouldn't want Cat believing the worst! ;)

Oh! Thank you. One of my classmates has a stepmother she doesn't like and calls her TB. It means, "The Beast."

I was a bit worried.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, in my case he is more like my "Teddy Bear" than "The Beast". :ROFLMAO:
And thank you for your concern over my health. I deal with pain on a daily basis but when something acute comes along like a kidney stone (or my recent kidney infection), I need extra help to deal with it all. I hate taking medication, but sometimes there is no choice.

Last edited:
Thanks, Taxy. I have also developed a deep chesty cough so am probably going to be spending the night in the living room again so I don't wake up TB. He gets up really early for work.

All I want for Christmas is some health! :D

Today would have been my dad's 74th birthday, and since my mom is here this year we'll have lunch at Long John Silvers (his absolute favorite fast food place). When I'd be working he would get rob to take him any chance he got! Today will be remembering dad.

I also made his favorite pie, graham cracker pie for us to enjoy.

Today would have been my dad's 74th birthday, and since my mom is here this year we'll have lunch at Long John Silvers (his absolute favorite fast food place). When I'd be working he would get rob to take him any chance he got! Today will be remembering dad.

I also made his favorite pie, graham cracker pie for us to enjoy.

Sounds like a fun day for you and mom. Is Rob going to be joining you?

I am trying to multi task. It is not working. I got all the dry ingredients for the cake in a large zippy bag. Then I decided to tackle the frosting. I got the butter melted and added the cocoa just fine. Then I decided to make a cup of coffee at the same time. I poured the cream in a bowl instead of my cup. I decided it was time to take a break and sit down. I can see it is going to be a long day. One chore at a time Addie, just one chore. :angel:

Sounds like a fun day for you and mom. Is Rob going to be joining you?

I am trying to multi task. It is not working. I got all the dry ingredients for the cake in a large zippy bag. Then I decided to tackle the frosting. I got the butter melted and added the cocoa just fine. Then I decided to make a cup of coffee at the same time. I poured the cream in a bowl instead of my cup. I decided it was time to take a break and sit down. I can see it is going to be a long day. One chore at a time Addie, just one chore. :angel:

He sure will be, he's on a 3 week vacation (just because he can), that stinker!

If it makes you feel better Addie, not too long ago, I poured iced tea into my cereal!

Last edited:
And I just put some "non-mini" pizza in the toaster oven after giving it a jump start in the microwave... The last of my Giordano's style pizza :yum:

Just picked up my MacBook Pro from the Apple store. New battery installed. The original lasted 4 years and was down to an hour+ between charges and was impacting the track pad.

I'm trying to come up with, or think of, a different dinner. I'm falling into a rut during the week. The only day I look forward to making something different is Sunday. I need a spark.

Wednesdays are Chinese? I don't want Chinese tonight. :LOL:

You are right though. I need some kind of plan. This random, "What am I making tonight to eat?" is getting old. I need to find me a live in cook :angel:

Wednesdays are Chinese? I don't want Chinese tonight. :LOL:

You are right though. I need some kind of plan. This random, "What am I making tonight to eat?" is getting old. I need to find me a live in cook :angel:

I have to make a specific effort to head in a different direction and make something out of my comfort zone.

You could expand your PPPC to all 50 states and 7 continents.

I'm thinking half the problem is this snow. I don't feel like running to the store after work and letting my eyes decide for me.
So because I never plan ahead (except for Sunday's PPPC), I am left adrift when it comes to what to have on other nights.
I am not used to planning out my nightly meals. Probably a bad habit I've grown into.

I'm thinking half the problem is this snow. I don't feel like running to the store after work and letting my eyes decide for me.
So because I never plan ahead (except for Sunday's PPPC), I am left adrift when it comes to what to have on other nights.
I am not used to planning out my nightly meals. Probably a bad habit I've grown into.

Try planning one weekday meal a week.

Try planning one weekday meal a week.

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to plan tonight's dinner.
Oh, you mean like plan AHEAD... :LOL:

Yes, I think I need to pick a cuisine and explore it. Kind of like Cat's foray into Southern cooking.

I reached a milestone today. I have lived here for seven years. When I moved in, I brought with me a roll of Cut Rite wax paper. I had it for a couple of years when I was living at my daughter's house before here.

I FINALLY reached the end of the roll. I only use it mostly to sift out flour and other baking stuff and then just use it as a funnel to add to the bowl. :angel:

That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to plan tonight's dinner.
Oh, you mean like plan AHEAD... :LOL:

Yes, I think I need to pick a cuisine and explore it. Kind of like Cat's foray into Southern cooking.

If you really want to challenge yourself, pick a recipe that doesn't involve the grill. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom