"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #7891
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am not a fan of Outback either.

I am sitting here watching the last episode of Downton Abby. Next Sunday starts the new season. Spike just left. I offered to sing some of the songs from Les Miserables, but he turned me down. threatened to turn Teddy on me. Then I remeinded him that all Teddy can do is lick you to death. So then he reminded me that he has my medical proxy giving him permission to pull the plug. For some reason I can never win with him. He also likes to put things on the high shelves so I can't reach them. then he stands back and laughs at me.
You just didn't beat him enough when he was a child... Next time he puts something up high, threaten to climb up the front of him to reach it.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #7892
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
You just didn't beat him enough when he was a child... Next time he puts something up high, threaten to climb up the front of him to reach it.
I like the way you think.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #7893
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I like the way you think.
That was the height of wit for my baby brother, all 6' 4" of him, until I climbed up the front of him...must of been the knee to his chin that brought him to his senses. After that he didn't think it was fun to hold things out of my reach.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 PM   #7894
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
That was the height of wit for my baby brother, all 6' 4" of him, until I climbed up the front of him...must of been the knee to his chin that brought him to his senses. After that he didn't think it was fun to hold things out of my reach.
In my world everyone is taller than me. Even all my kids. I will remember your words. And I was so nice to him tonight. I gave him the leftover whipped cream. Next time I will eat it.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #7895
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
In my world everyone is taller than me. Even all my kids. I will remember your words. And I was so nice to him tonight. I gave him the leftover whipped cream. Next time I will eat it.
That's the way to go mommie Teach him it dosen't pay to give you a bad time. And make sure to eat that cream right in front of him.
kades
Old 12-31-2012, 01:36 AM   #7896
Chef Extraordinaire

Steve and I went to the shops this morning and bought another Wii U game, Call of Duty Black Ops 2...we also bought some more lovely tinsel for Christmas next year, all half price

We then went out to lunch at Noodle Box, that was delicious!

This afternoon we have been playing Call of Duty and now about to get our buffet organised

Happy New Years Eve
Old 12-31-2012, 02:07 AM   #7897
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
We have no snow here - not even a drop of rain. The sun is shining but it is cold. I ventured out a couple of hours ago and found that my windows were frosted over with ice. I turned on the car, the back window defogger and tried to clean the windshield. There was no windshield washer fluid and my wiper blade snapped. I can't find either of my two scrapers and I now have a huge scratch in my windshield from the wiper. I sat and cried for a few minutes because I was looking forward to finally getting to church and it was too late to get a ride.
Turns out the windshield scratch isn't bad but the blade did break the arm which will have to be fixed at the dealership. We didn't want to do a lot on this car until the estate was settled because we plan to get it to trade-in shape and get me a vehicle that is better suited for me. I drive Dad's 95 Sunfire which is low to the ground and not easy for me to get in and out of, nor is it good for long drives. I would rather be up higher and so we will get a used SUV or van. That way we have a good camping vehicle and if I do get back into cakes and/or catering, I have a proper vehicle for hauling my stuff. There was also a tiny hole in the windshield fluid container so it was seeping out - why I didn't know I was out! It looks like we may be getting a new vehicle sooner than we think and financing it, or sinking more into this one.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:31 AM   #7898
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Turns out the windshield scratch isn't bad but the blade did break the arm which will have to be fixed at the dealership. We didn't want to do a lot on this car until the estate was settled because we plan to get it to trade-in shape and get me a vehicle that is better suited for me. I drive Dad's 95 Sunfire which is low to the ground and not easy for me to get in and out of, nor is it good for long drives. I would rather be up higher and so we will get a used SUV or van. That way we have a good camping vehicle and if I do get back into cakes and/or catering, I have a proper vehicle for hauling my stuff. There was also a tiny hole in the windshield fluid container so it was seeping out - why I didn't know I was out! It looks like we may be getting a new vehicle sooner than we think and financing it, or sinking more into this one.
Bummer about the wiper arm.

Before I bought a car, I rented Toyota Echos. The seats are nice and high off the ground (and surprisingly roomy inside). I betcha a Yaris would be comfortable for you.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:53 AM   #7899
Chef Extraordinaire

Good thing about that scratch not being bad.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #7900
Everymom

I'm sitting here playing instead of getting up and doing a workout. Its amazing how much I can find to do that ISN'T physical when I try. LOL! Gads I'm lazy! I don't want to work tonight either. BAH!