What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
<nursey hat on>

Pain talk!!!~Cat Dear! The doctor gave you pain medicine to help you heal. You will have stiff scars and take longer to heal if you do not take the pain medicine and you hurt, because you will not want to move. Not moving can also cause you to develop pneumonia, take the pain medicine. Go for walks and enjoy the fresh air.

I know they make you feel drowsy and woozy, but as long as you are not taking them for drowsy and woozy feelings but for pain...and stop taking them when you stop having pain, you will not become addicted.

On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain ever!!!! Where is your pain on that scale? If it is 4 or over...TAKE the PAIN Medicine!!! Over 4 and you start moving differently, not freely like you should be.

Don't make me come beat you like I do my step-kids...

<nursey hat off>

Love you more,
Fiona

This is very awful pain. It is probably very much 9. The gash was very deep and showed my vertebra. I'm having troubles sleeping and only nap when I take these medicines. I'm trying to move as much as I can and although it hurts very much, I must keep moving as I can, when I'm not knocked out by these drugs.

I'll take these, Ogress. I was worried of addiction, but I will take them as they are prescribed. It does make me feel better when I take them. But I hate that woozy, odd feeling I get. Carl told me there are some guys who buy this Vicodin on the street to get high of it. He said they enjoy the high feeling.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel woozy and very odd. I don't trust myself to drive my precious Joy because of this awful feeling. This is very hard to deal with.

With love,
~Cat

This is very awful pain. It is probably very much 9. The gash was very deep and showed my vertebra. I'm having troubles sleeping and only nap when I take these medicines. I'm trying to move as much as I can and although it hurts very much, I must keep moving as I can, when I'm not knocked out by these drugs.

I'll take these, Ogress. I was worried of addiction, but I will take them as they are prescribed. It does make me feel better when I take them. But I hate that woozy, odd feeling I get. Carl told me there are some guys who buy this Vicodin on the street to get high of it. He said they enjoy the high feeling.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to feel woozy and very odd. I don't trust myself to drive my precious Joy because of this awful feeling. This is very hard to deal with.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, I am sure you know this, but you CANNOT drive when you take your pain medications. It is against the law in every state. Joy will still be there when you are better.

And don't even think of selling any of your medication on the street. Not unless you like the idea of being in jail. Those people Carl mentioned are drug addicts. You don't need anyone like that to associate with. :angel:

For now, take the pain pills on a schedule, once the pain lets up you can move them farther apart. If the doctor said every 4 or 6 hours, take them every 4. You also need the sleep they provide, not just naps. When you hurt so bad, it takes so much longer to "catch up" with the pain relief. Keeping on schedule, you don't have to play that "catch up" game and feel less pain for longer periods of time.

If I can get a 95 year old to take a walk on her new hip, we should be able to get you pain-free so you can function during the day and get rest/sleep at night.

I never said I would sell this. I never said I drove Joy today. I never said I was involved with drug addicts.

This discussion has ended.

With love,
~Cat

I never did say you did say those words. I just want you to be aware! And I still luv ya! :angel:

I never did say you did say those words. I just want you to be aware! And I still luv ya! :angel:

I understand.

I do know ones of my age are a little different from me.

I still luv ya too, Addie. You are such a blessing.

With love,
~Cat

And by the way, I'm taking the pills as all of you have advised. I still feel woozy and odd.

Maybe I didn't pay the gravity bill, which is why I feel woozy and odd.

Uck.

With love,
~Cat

And by the way, I'm taking the pills as all of you have advised. I still feel woozy and odd.

Maybe I didn't pay the gravity bill, which is why I feel woozy and odd.

Uck.

With love,
~Cat

Cat, if you knew anyone who knows me, the will tell you I born woozy. And I haven't changed yet. :angel:

Every month I get a newsletter from the Administrator of our family tree. She lets us know who is having a birthday each month. I just had to notify her that one of my uncles is dead. He is not 108 years old. In fact he died in his late fifties. But I do have two grandkids that are in their late 20's this month. And they are two of the younger ones. I have a few in their thirties. Late thirties! YIKE! :angel:

Cat, if you knew anyone who knows me, the will tell you I born woozy. And I haven't changed yet. :angel:

Good. I like you very much, so perhaps woozy is a compliment to me.

Right now, I'm taking my woozy self off to bed. These medicines are very odd and they make me feel very strange and sleepy.

With love,
~Cat

Right now, I'm taking my woozy self off to bed. These medicines are very odd and they make me feel very strange and sleepy.

With love,
~Cat

Good night and remember, while you are sleeping, your body is resting and healing itself. You will feel better tomorrow. :angel:

Every month I get a newsletter from the Administrator of our family tree. She lets us know who is having a birthday each month. I just had to notify her that one of my uncles is dead. He is not 108 years old. In fact he died in his late fifties. But I do have two grandkids that are in their late 20's this month. And they are two of the younger ones. I have a few in their thirties. Late thirties! YIKE! :angel:
My mother's youngest brother (in other words my uncle) who died 2 years ago would have been a great grandfather if he had lived. I was at his wedding when I was 3. Evie, his great grand-daughter is 6 months old.

Frightening, isn't it.

Mind you, in the scheme of things I could be a great grandma and I'm only 64. (And if any sweet young things are reading this don't you dare boggle at "only 64" :rolleyes: )

The cookies are done and delicious. Gotta love that Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies recipe from Quaker Oats. It's the best.
Well where's the recipe then! We have QO here but I've not seen a recipe on the packet. (Which isn't surprising as I don't buy QO. I buy the organic ones from Mornflake.)

I'll swop you my "Ginger Oaties" recipe. The recipe says "Jumbo" (ie whole) oats but QO will do only the cookies may not be as crisp.

I reached a milestone today. I have lived here for seven years. When I moved in, I brought with me a roll of Cut Rite wax paper. I had it for a couple of years when I was living at my daughter's house before here.

I FINALLY reached the end of the roll. I only use it mostly to sift out flour and other baking stuff and then just use it as a funnel to add to the bowl. :angel:
I have just finished a bottle of *gravy browning which I bought when I moved into the first house I bought in 1984.

*If you don't have it where you are gravy browning is basically burnt sugar caramel syrupy liquid and used buy the drop to give colour to pale "pour on" gravy served with "red" meat (or anything that needs a bit of brown colouring). I only use it when I have visitors.

Last edited:
He sure will be, he's on a 3 week vacation (just because he can), that stinker!

If it makes you feel better Addie, not too long ago, I poured iced tea into my cereal!
Just before I moved from the old house to here I found myself half way up the stairs with a jug of milk in my hand.

Hmm?

Went back to the fridge and found my make-up bag in the milk compartment!

With love,
~Cat
I've only just found your message about your accident. I hope you're feeling a bit better now. Keep taking the pills - they'll do you good.

Pain killers often make you a bit dozy. It shows they're doing their job.

I've spent the morning wrapping presents. I've been putting it off and putting it off but can't do so any longer. I'm off to my aunt's on Monday morning to spend Christmas with 4 generations of the family - 11 of us counting the latest baby. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'd enjoy giving you a rundown of the characters who will be there but one of my cousins "lurks" on this site and I don't want to offend anyone!

Back
Top Bottom