What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have fun Taxy! I have trouble with the phone app too.

I am resting after making another batch of triple chip cookies. The first batch ended up going to TB's work because he forgot to tell me there was a potluck for the driver's and he needed to take something. This was at midnight the day I made them (for gifts) and he leaves for work at 7 am! Now half of this batch went to my neighbours but I planned it that way :LOL:

I also went shopping for things I can eat on a gallstone diet - veggies, some fruit, salad, lite foods with no fats.

Just got back from the store were we bought some sidewalk salt. We still have lots of ice on the driveway and sidewalks and we are expecting up to 8 inches of snow tonight.

I finally got done wrapping all of the Christmas presents. Gosh, that is a great feeling.

I am sure we will be snowed in tomorrow so I think it will be a great day to bake cookies and make fudge.

Sorry you're snowed in, Katie. New Orleans has weird weather. It went from very chilly last week to in the high 70s this week. It's almost hot enough to turn on the AC, but it's lots better than being stuck in your home, especially if there's that one thing you need.

Chin up, friend. This too shall pass. Today being the longest day of the year means it will only get better. 8" Yikes!

My daughter loves oatmeal cookies. And when I make them, I don't even have them printed out. I just keep the box of Quaker Oats in front of me on the counter and read the recipe off of it.

There is a reason that recipe has been America's favorite for all these years. It is just dang good!

I put raisins in them for her and then make a simple glaze of 10X sugar and milk and drizzle it over the cookies. :angel:

I have a nice tip for oatmeal cookies, that would probably work for other cookies too. A recipe makes so many, so when I make them, I put some of the dough in plastic ice cube trays and freeze them. After they are frozen, I pop them out and put them in plastic bags in quantities of 12. When we want fresh cookies, I just put them on a baking sheet and bake according to the recipe. I give bags of these to my DIL so when she and my grandson want cookies, she feels like she baked them. LOL Usually she buys refrigerated cookie dough, and these from the home made dough are so much better.

Oops, CarolPa. that is what I meant. Must have been a Freudian slip wishing for the longer days of summer.

Or you could have meant the longest night ;^)

Carol, do those need to thaw before you bake them?

It's okay Z. I am in the same mode. Yesterday I went out in open toed sandals and no coat/sweater to get the mail....forgetting it was snowing :wacko:

It's 3:00 and the robot vacuum has started. This means I have to move things out of it's way and contend with a 60 lb "lap dog" on my knee who is scared of the thing. :LOL: This goes on every day, but it is sure helping with the carpets.

It's 3:00 and the robot vacuum has started. This means I have to move things out of it's way and contend with a 60 lb "lap dog" on my knee who is scared of the thing. :LOL: This goes on every day, but it is sure helping with the carpets.

I always wanted on of those, but since I had my surgery 5 years ago my husband had been doing the vacuuming. The doctor told me not to run the vacuum. My husband didn't realize that he meant "until you are healed." He thought he meant forever. Shhhhh Don't tell him! LOL

I always wanted on of those, but since I had my surgery 5 years ago my husband had been doing the vacuuming. The doctor told me not to run the vacuum. My husband didn't realize that he meant "until you are healed." He thought he meant forever. Shhhhh Don't tell him! LOL

:LOL: I love it! and will never tell!

Mine actually is a forever thing and TB has been doing it faithfully for years and decided to get some items that would "make MY life easier" :LOL:

Another birthday come & gone. I'm 53 today. It's true when you get older the time starts going faster. We just got home. We went to a nice Italian place for supper. Relaxing in my new fuzzy pj's & slippers.

Another birthday come & gone. I'm 53 today. It's true when you get older the time starts going faster. We just got home. We went to a nice Italian place for supper. Relaxing in my new fuzzy pj's & slippers.

Oh, no, did we miss your birthday, SB? Facepalm. Happy Birthday!

Off to fix this.

Codeine can be such a wonderful thing. Who would have figured I could bake 8 dozen (2 batches) of cookies, clean the living room and kitchen, go shopping and make TB's lunch all the while feeling the pain from what may or may not be gall bladder. I hate taking extra medication, specially narcotics, but I have to say that with my chronic pain, the Emtec (like Tylenol 3 except without caffeine which gives me migraines) is the only thing keeping me from crying like a baby. And I am not one to show much of my pain.

The cookies are for gifts for people who have helped me out - like my neighbour who comes over once in awhile and cleans my bathrooms and her daughter entertains the animals for me. Another neighbour who takes me shopping and when I can't go, shops for me. I don't really feel a few cookies is enough, but it is all I can do right now. They aren't even fancy Christmas cookies.

Codeine can be such a wonderful thing. Who would have figured I could bake 8 dozen (2 batches) of cookies, clean the living room and kitchen, go shopping and make TB's lunch all the while feeling the pain from what may or may not be gall bladder. I hate taking extra medication, specially narcotics, but I have to say that with my chronic pain, the Emtec (like Tylenol 3 except without caffeine which gives me migraines) is the only thing keeping me from crying like a baby. And I am not one to show much of my pain.

The cookies are for gifts for people who have helped me out - like my neighbour who comes over once in awhile and cleans my bathrooms and her daughter entertains the animals for me. Another neighbour who takes me shopping and when I can't go, shops for me. I don't really feel a few cookies is enough, but it is all I can do right now. They aren't even fancy Christmas cookies.
I'm sure the cookies and the thought will be appreciated.

Codeine is lovely pain reliever. I get the one with ASA, because Tylenol doesn't work on me. I appreciate the fact that we can buy it over the counter here in Canada. In Denmark you can get codeine/ASA or codeine/acetaminophen, with no caffeine over the counter. If you want caffeine in it, you need a 'script. I thought that was kinda funny.

Thanks for the encouragement Taxy. I have been putting down "caffeine" as an allergy and explaining that I can't use T3 because of it but most doctors prescribe it anyway or they say that Emtec is exactly the same thing. So from now on I am going to put both caffeine and Tylenol 3 down as allergies. We will see what happens then. But I have my bottle of Emtec, my heating pad and my furkids to keep me company while I can't sleep. I will probably get through at least the first two "Santa Clause" movies tonight. I am half way through No. 1 so far. Love the classics this time of year. I also have 3 versions of Scrooge, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life" and The Christmas Story on the PVR.

Thanks for the encouragement Taxy. I have been putting down "caffeine" as an allergy and explaining that I can't use T3 because of it but most doctors prescribe it anyway or they say that Emtec is exactly the same thing. So from now on I am going to put both caffeine and Tylenol 3 down as allergies. We will see what happens then. But I have my bottle of Emtec, my heating pad and my furkids to keep me company while I can't sleep. I will probably get through at least the first two "Santa Clause" movies tonight. I am half way through No. 1 so far. Love the classics this time of year. I also have 3 versions of Scrooge, Scrooged, It's a Wonderful Life" and The Christmas Story on the PVR.

I can't sleep either. I'm sorry you are having a bad time. You are in my thoughts tonight and I do wish you the very best.

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom