"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #7931
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
aww dawg, i know it must be hard to leave an idyllic ocean side setting and head for home. it's a shame that you felt the need to delete pics of yourself. before leaving, take a bunch of snaps of yourself and dh for future memories sake--you'll be happy to have them later. and don't delete them if you think they are horrible this time-- at least, not right away. give it one full day before deleting future vacation memories.:)

these days i regret my vacation pictures in which all i have to look at are physical scenes and vistas. the few pictures in which i appear are candid shots that somehow got by me. i never thought i looked presentable enough to be photographed--it was either my hair or my clothes...as a result, all i'm left with are albums full of seascapes, mountains, canyons, historic buildings, some with people featured, but not of me. how silly it all seems now....
A long time ago I saw something on TV about taking vacation pix. The person giving the lecture said to make sure to have people in the shots. Just about any scene you want to photograph has been photographed by a pro and you can buy a postcard with a great photo. So, make sure your friends are in your photos. The other thing he mentioned was to make sure your friends are close up in the photo. I.e., if you are taking a photo of the Eiffel Tower and the whole tower shows, have your friends close to you with the tower in the background. If you take a pic of the whole tower with your friends close to it, they will be so small that you probably won't be able to recognize them. Having the Eiffel Tower, or whatever, in the background helps you remember where you were when the photos were taken.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #7932
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Great advice guys. We did get some good shots earlier, the aformentioned pics had the lighting up my nose and were shot from way too close

Old 01-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #7933
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Great advice guys. We did get some good shots earlier, the aformentioned pics had the lighting up my nose and were shot from way too close
I know that kind of photo. I also don't like the ones of me in profile when I'm not smiling. Lot's of bits of my face sag, but it doesn't show as much when I smile.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #7934
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek does candid shots too and wonders why I'm always frowning. I tell him to not do candid shots and let me at least make sure there's no spinach in my teeth.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #7935
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinlizzie View Post
Sitting in my fridge right now are two cups of greek yogurt from a new-to-me maker -- the brand is Liberte' -- and it's so good that it comes complete with guilt feelings. It can't be good for me, it tastes too good - like a dessert on its own. Shall I have the coconut or lemon next??
thier yogurt is great. i'd say coconut. siggi's makes excellent yogurt, too. thier coconut yogurt is great, too.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #7936
Chef Extraordinaire

Today we are going to see The Hobbit

We are seeing it on the ExtremeScreen, HFR (high frame rate) and in 3D...very much looking forward to it

We have been waiting so long for this movie, having both read the book a few years back, we are looking forward to seeing what they do with it in film

There are a few characters in the film from the LOTR films, which actually were not in the book, but we are thinking they wanted people to see familiar faces

I am going to have a choc top icecream and Steve is having popcorn and because it is such a long film (3 hours) we will take some Mars Pods and some Starbursts too, to see us through
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #7937
Chef Extraordinaire

Sounds like you've got it all planned out, Kylie!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:46 PM   #7938
Chef Extraordinaire

We sure have Pac

It is going to be a hot day here too, so it will be wonderful in the cinema, not knowing about the heat outside

Going to be a long film, so I am having my last coffee now..dont need toilet breaks throughout the film
Old 01-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #7939
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Today we are going to see The Hobbit

We are seeing it on the ExtremeScreen, HFR (high frame rate) and in 3D...very much looking forward to it

We have been waiting so long for this movie, having both read the book a few years back, we are looking forward to seeing what they do with it in film

There are a few characters in the film from the LOTR films, which actually were not in the book, but we are thinking they wanted people to see familiar faces

I am going to have a choc top icecream and Steve is having popcorn and because it is such a long film (3 hours) we will take some Mars Pods and some Starbursts too, to see us through
I heard about some clueless person on Facebook didn't like The Hobbit because it was "just a rip-off of LOTR." Can you believe it???
Old 01-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #7940
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I heard about some clueless person on Facebook didn't like The Hobbit because it was "just a rip-off of LOTR." Can you believe it???
I'm sorry to say that I do believe it.