What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't sleep either. I'm sorry you are having a bad time. You are in my thoughts tonight and I do wish you the very best.

With love,
~Cat
Cat, you are such a sweetheart. I wish we were closer - we could keep each other company when we are hurting and can't sleep. I loved reading about you and Carl and your new found feelings of love. I remember when those started with my TB. He was and always will be my best friend. That is often the best basis for a relationship. Though sometimes it can be hard too. I wish you both the best as you go down this path in your lives.

I have the wreath cake frosted and most of the green coconut on it. I am getting sleepy and will finish it tomorrow.

Today, I made the potato salad and baked the chicken thighs instead of frying them. I ate the salad, and the chicken is sitting in the fridge. I will make chicken salad for a sandwich with them. I have noticed some weight loss. I know it is because I am not eating right again. I just have no appetite. No foods really appeal to me. :angel:

Addie, I totally understand about foods not appealing to you. Lately I have been forcing down the basics and now that I can only eat non-fat foods it is almost a relief because I don't want them anyway. Are you able to eat fruit? I find when I can't eat other things, fruit helps a lot.

I don't want to see you lose too much more weight. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Addie}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Cat, you are such a sweetheart. I wish we were closer - we could keep each other company when we are hurting and can't sleep. I loved reading about you and Carl and your new found feelings of love. I remember when those started with my TB. He was and always will be my best friend. That is often the best basis for a relationship. Though sometimes it can be hard too. I wish you both the best as you go down this path in your lives.

I thank you so very much! You are also such a precious soul and a sweetheart for me. I will always think of you.

Did you feel the same with TB? I spoke to Mamma and Papa of these feelings today. I have a very odd sparky feeling in my heart for him. They think I'm in love also.

Mamma and Papa have both told me they are each others' best friends, and Papa said we are on to a very good start. Mamma and Papa are so very close to each other.

Love,
Cat

I have the wreath cake frosted and most of the green coconut on it. I am getting sleepy and will finish it tomorrow.

Today, I made the potato salad and baked the chicken thighs instead of frying them. I ate the salad, and the chicken is sitting in the fridge. I will make chicken salad for a sandwich with them. I have noticed some weight loss. I know it is because I am not eating right again. I just have no appetite. No foods really appeal to me. :angel:

I keep some Ensure in the fridge for times when I have trouble eating. A chocolate or vanilla shake hits the spot and gives you the nutrition you need :)

My thoughts last night came true. The trickle in my basement turned into a lake. I just finished hooking up another sump pump. One was not enough. I lost a lot of paper towels I had stocked up on. The coolers they were on became buoyant, but not balanced enough to keep them from toppling into the water. I hate wet basements.
Watching Netflix now.

Thanks, Fi. The water had held off long wnough I thought I'd get lucky. I should have known better.

Water in the basement really sucks. I've been through it several times in different homes. It never gets better.

Codeine can be such a wonderful thing. Who would have figured I could bake 8 dozen (2 batches) of cookies, clean the living room and kitchen, go shopping and make TB's lunch all the while feeling the pain from what may or may not be gall bladder. I hate taking extra medication, specially narcotics, but I have to say that with my chronic pain, the Emtec (like Tylenol 3 except without caffeine which gives me migraines) is the only thing keeping me from crying like a baby. And I am not one to show much of my pain.

The cookies are for gifts for people who have helped me out - like my neighbour who comes over once in awhile and cleans my bathrooms and her daughter entertains the animals for me. Another neighbour who takes me shopping and when I can't go, shops for me. I don't really feel a few cookies is enough, but it is all I can do right now. They aren't even fancy Christmas cookies.
You are such a nice person for baking for everyone in your life. I'm sure that fancy doesn't matter. Your heart is in the right place. Merry Christmas!:angel::angel::angel:

Well the extra pump made the difference. The waters ahve subsided. Hopefully my water heater will dry out enough to light it again soon.

Well the extra pump made the difference. The waters ahve subsided. Hopefully my water heater will dry out enough to light it again soon.

What a bummer. The water table is too high here to have basements, for the most part. There are a few, but they get wet regularly. We have a crawl space.

Pac, I am so sorry for your troubles. Floods of any kind are no fun. Didn't the paper towels soak any of the water up for you? (Sorry, had to do it ;))
But seriously, My thoughts are with you.

I had a rough night and got to bed about an hour before TB got up for work. I just woke up a little bit ago and was still feeling woozy and sore. So, it was that more special when I rounded the corner and saw my colourful snowflake lights hung up above the sliding glass doors.

TB has been meaning to do it but hasn't had the time. He has very little of it in the morning, but took a few minutes to hang those lights because he knew they would cheer me up and they did.:wub:

Laurie, you might be surprised to know just how heavy an eight pack of Brawny paper towels can get!

I've got a fan on the water heater now. It's one of those piezo push button ignition ones. I can't even see where the pilot light is or if I am getting spark. Stupid thing.

Back
Top Bottom