What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry everyone for not answering sooner. We were at the hospital from 11 am until after 2 pm (PST) and I was both exhausted and frustrated. I tried to rest to no luck and just didn't feel like typing or going over the day.

The ultrasound showed I have "sludge" in my gallbladder and fatty deposits on my liver. I am already on cholesterol medication and watch my diet fairly carefully. The ER doctor said that the "sludge" can be as painful as a stone and can even form into a stone, but that surgery is not necessarily needed and is not considered an emergency so I would wait 2 months for the appointment with the surgeon then 6 - 8 months for the surgery.

As most of you know I suffer from chronic pain through most of my body from things like osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, a triple back fracture in my lumbar region and a few others. So, when I break into tears at a hospital over an acute pain, you KNOW it is bad. The doctor asked if there was anything she could do to help me and I said "yes, take out my gallbladder!" To which she said "I don't think you want me doing that", which lightened the mood a little. Instead, she gave me a referral, a shot of morphine and some pills to take home and wished me well.

The pain is increasing and the morphine did nothing so I have stopped taking it (am already so itchy from it) and am back to my regular pain meds which at least keep the chronic pain manageable and I can work to handle the new pain.

If it gets worse tonight, TB is taking me to a different hospital which is smaller and they tend to look after people a little better. I will call my family doctor and she if she is working between Christmas and New Years. Meanwhile, I am just trying to rest and eat a very low fat diet to see If I can resolve this on my own. I have been doing a lot of google searching!

Thanks for caring. I love you all so much.

Getting ready to put some final cleaning on the house for company tonight. Got to bake some bread...but fortunately my sister decided to off her lazy butt and cook the meal tonight.

Lots to do today. Prepping/cooking two things for tomorrow, running out to the store for some wine and stuff. Cleaning the kitchen so I looks like I cooked dinner somewhere else and getting ready for guests @ 5:00PM.

SO is home for the rest of the week! Her boss gave her the rest of the week off with pay.

Last edited:
Have a slow start to work this morning. It's a sheet of ice out there. Waiting for the morning rush to be over so I can drive safely.

I was supposed to get a Fedex overnight package today before noon. They are running late, but cannot tell me how late. This is going to throw my whole afternoon off if I have to wait much longer.
So in the meantime I am eating pumpkin bread. I an washing it down with Pepsi. I'd be washing it down with milk, but I am out and can't go to the store...

I'm sitting here waiting to take a shower then go out for Christmas Eve dinner. I wish it was our usual schedule but that's all screwed up right now. This is the first time I've dreaded Christmas Eve in years.

Sorry everyone for not answering sooner. We were at the hospital from 11 am until after 2 pm (PST) and I was both exhausted and frustrated. I tried to rest to no luck and just didn't feel like typing or going over the day.

The ultrasound showed I have "sludge" in my gallbladder and fatty deposits on my liver. I am already on cholesterol medication and watch my diet fairly carefully. The ER doctor said that the "sludge" can be as painful as a stone and can even form into a stone, but that surgery is not necessarily needed and is not considered an emergency so I would wait 2 months for the appointment with the surgeon then 6 - 8 months for the surgery.

As most of you know I suffer from chronic pain through most of my body from things like osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia, a triple back fracture in my lumbar region and a few others. So, when I break into tears at a hospital over an acute pain, you KNOW it is bad. The doctor asked if there was anything she could do to help me and I said "yes, take out my gallbladder!" To which she said "I don't think you want me doing that", which lightened the mood a little. Instead, she gave me a referral, a shot of morphine and some pills to take home and wished me well.

The pain is increasing and the morphine did nothing so I have stopped taking it (am already so itchy from it) and am back to my regular pain meds which at least keep the chronic pain manageable and I can work to handle the new pain.

If it gets worse tonight, TB is taking me to a different hospital which is smaller and they tend to look after people a little better. I will call my family doctor and she if she is working between Christmas and New Years. Meanwhile, I am just trying to rest and eat a very low fat diet to see If I can resolve this on my own. I have been doing a lot of google searching!

Thanks for caring. I love you all so much.

Oh no! I'm so sorry you're in so much pain. I hope your doctor or that smaller hospital can help you a whole lot more. We're thinking of you, LP.

Papa and I just got back from doing some errands. The traffic is awful! I had on a pretty Christmas sweatshirt when I was run over. The bike chain tore it in the back.

It has three cats on it wearing bells and Santa Claus hats, so I cut out the design, bound the edges and framed it. I hung it in my bedroom for the season, and it's pretty!

Lakisha and I made a lovely gingerbread centerpiece for my dining room table, but when we awoke yesterday morning, my cats had eaten half of it! :(

I dug out DA's old china Nativity scene. It's very, very old and chipped in some places, so I bought Sharpies in all colors and colored in the chipped places and it looks very nice now! Let the cats eat THAT! Ha!

I let Papa park Joy today, just so he could say he drove her. I felt comfortable with him doing that, for it doesn't involve speed, other drivers, public roadways or other such dangers. Joy has a backup alarm in her. It goes off if you back up too closely to something. It's a good thing she doesn't have a lousy driver alert system in her, for it would have started screaming the minute Papa approached the driver's door!

We're having reuben sandwiches and French onion soup for lunch. I think we're going to a Chinese buffet for dinner, for we'll be cooking our heads off tomorrow.

Lunchtime!:yum:

With love,
~Cat

I'm about to go get some more groceries. There's stuff I didn't buy yesterday because we weren't going to be home.

Stirling is feeling worse. He threw up. He took a hot shower, because that usually makes it easier for him to breath. Last night it had the opposite effect. He could hardly breath and had to get out of the shower. I heard him wheezing for breath and ran up the stairs. He was starting to breath better, so I didn't panic. He slowly started breathing as normally as he is doing with this illness. His temperature was ~38.35 C (101 F). I'm relieved he started breathing better without any help. I don't know what I could have done for him. I'll be calling the public health nurse later. Here, that's an 811 call.

We ran out of honey yesterday, so that's on the shopping list along with lemons, applesauce, yogourt, and maybe some chicken soup.

I'm about to go get some more groceries. There's stuff I didn't buy yesterday because we weren't going to be home.

Stirling is feeling worse. He threw up. He took a hot shower, because that usually makes it easier for him to breath. Last night it had the opposite effect. He could hardly breath and had to get out of the shower. I heard him wheezing for breath and ran up the stairs. He was starting to breath better, so I didn't panic. He slowly started breathing as normally as he is doing with this illness. His temperature was ~38.35 C (101 F). I'm relieved he started breathing better without any help. I don't know what I could have done for him. I'll be calling the public health nurse later. Here, that's an 811 call.

We ran out of honey yesterday, so that's on the shopping list along with lemons, applesauce, yogourt, and maybe some chicken soup.

Oh no, I'm sorry he's sick. We're thinking of you two. I hope he'll get better so he can eat on Christmas. Let us know how he's doing.

And LP, let us know how you're doing also. My goodness. This has been a lousy year, especially the last part of it. People have been sick, got hurt, our Kadesma passed....:(

Maybe 2014 will be better. After all, this year has the number "13" in it.

I'm ready for a New Year!

I love you all, my DC family.

~Cat

Back
Top Bottom