"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-18-2011, 05:37 PM   #791
Executive Chef

this is my first time buying anything from omaha steaks. my sil just came home from hip surgery. omaha steaks is taking the place of a fruit basket, which i know would have done nothing for my manly sil.:) i'd like to know if any of you have an opinion about omaha steaks, positive or negative that you care to share....:)

Old 12-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #792
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
this is my first time buying anything from omaha steaks. my sil just came home from hip surgery. omaha steaks is taking the place of a fruit basket, which i know would have done nothing for my manly sil.:) i'd like to know if any of you have an opinion about omaha steaks, positive or negative that you care to share....:)

The steaks are very good but also very expensive. If you are willing, it's a gift that's usually really appreciated.

Old 12-18-2011, 05:40 PM   #793
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Typing out a stack of handwritten recipes i found while cleaning out my cookbook shelves. Decided they need to be in the computer instead of on odd pieces of paper. Those I think might be interesting to you folks, I'm posting in their respective forums.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #794
Chef Extraordinaire

Yes, Omaha Steaks make a great present. I was given one and enjoyed it. I ordered one later and didn't enjoy it as much. Good food, small portions. And getting them to stop calling every week was an exercise in creativity. Fantastic as a present though. Order it through an email account you can disregard.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #795
Executive Chef

okay. thanks. i feel better now. oops, they have my main email address--i'll unsubscribe. unless they do this all the time, i think i got a good deal: 50% off the entire order, plus free shipping. that made it hurt a bit less....:)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:04 PM   #796
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

We got Omaha steaks from MIL one year, they were good. It sounds like you got a great deal!

Vit, in future you may want to check out Greenberg Smoked Turkeys. Www.gobblegobble.com. I've given them as gifts for years, and got us a small one this year. I have fixings from the carcass for 5 more meals in the freezer. They come fully cooked, and are just delish. Featured on Oprah's favorite things one year.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:19 PM   #797
Chef Extraordinaire

50% off and free shipping is a great deal!
Old 12-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #798
Executive Chef

^^^ see, i'm a quick learner.:) yes, i remember some greenberg talk from before...to me, smoked turkey is way tastier than the regular. that picture on their website--makes you just want to reach out and tear off a leg!! thanks, i'll keep them in mind for the future....:)
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #799
Certified Pretend Chef

I think smoked poultry in general is amazing. I've smoked whole chickens and a turkey breast and they both were among the best I've ever eaten.
Old 12-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #800
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
Nobody with an axe needs a hammer!
So true Lizzie Borden