What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
(((Gentle hugs))) LP. I wouldn't call that an accident. It was foreseeable by the drunk driver. It was a crash / collision.

That kind of sentence makes me mad too. The dangers of driving drunk are well known to everyone nowadays. I think it's outrageous that the penalties for hurting or killing someone with a vehicle are so lenient compared with other ways of hurting or killing someone.
I agree. What really got me with my friend is she made a lot of bad choices in her life and didn't have alot of family support. She finally got help and was really happy in her new life. Then her past comes to haunt her in the form of a drunk driver. It was two weeks before their wedding.

LP, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. Unfortunately, the lack of justice against impaired drivers is just as lacking all across the country.
What makes me really sick to my stomach are the amount of our local police being charged with impaired, some more than once, and they walk away. :mad:
Something seriously needs to be done, country wide.

Impaired charge withdrawn against cop | Barrie Examiner

Barrie officer pleads guilty | Innisfil Examiner

Barrie police officer charged with impaired driving

LP, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your friend. Unfortunately, the lack of justice against impaired drivers is just as lacking all across the country.
What makes me really sick to my stomach are the amount of our local police being charged with impaired, some more than once, and they walk away. :mad:
Something seriously needs to be done, country wide.

Impaired charge withdrawn against cop | Barrie Examiner

Barrie officer pleads guilty | Innisfil Examiner

Barrie police officer charged with impaired driving

+1. Not only in Canada. It's a serious problem in the USA as well.

Judges don't like to put cops in jail. They have to be in solitary for their own safety.

Lots of cops aren't very good examples of law abiding drivers. I see them doing illegal stuff on the roads all the time.

I just ran 50 rounds of ammo through two of my pistols. I didn't want this beautiful day to go to waste.
I had some oranges I was shooting at a couple months ago and their remnants are still there. I'm surprised a critter didn't eat them, but I guess they don't like oranges. I wonder if that's true of all citrus.

I just ran 50 rounds of ammo through two of my pistols. I didn't want this beautiful day to go to waste.
I had some oranges I was shooting at a couple months ago and their remnants are still there. I'm surprised a critter didn't eat them, but I guess they don't like oranges. I wonder if that's true of all citrus.

What sort of pistols?

I doubt that. In fact, in I have been told that in Jasper National Park, they tell you to bury your food waste, except citrus peels. You have to bring those back out of the park. When the carnivores eat them, it upsets their electrolyte balance. Yeah, I know, it's not meat, but if it's covered in meat or fish or fat, they aren't too picky.

Just got finsed making a run to BB&B, Pet Smart, Wal-mart, Costco and Shrek's favorite...Outlaw Music.

I bought him a little guitar...

How many guitars does he have now?

He says "eleven", that's just the guitars, does not include the 3 mandolins, 2 ukeleles, various drums, autoharp and didgeridoo. Or the amplifiers that are growing out of the walls.

He may be hiding a couple guitars from me...:rolleyes:

He says "eleven", that's just the guitars, does not include the 3 mandolins, 2 ukeleles, various drums, autoharp and didgeridoo. Or the amplifiers that are growing out of the walls.

He may be hiding a couple guitars from me...:rolleyes:
:LOL: Wouldn't surprise me if there were a few hidden instruments.

Yes, eleven doesn't sound right at all.
He should add a few more. Maybe get the number into the twenties.
:angel:

We just got in from standing out in the rain during a fire alarm here in our Gatlinburg condo. Somebody's fireplace smoked up their apartment so they opened their door, which set off the smoke alarms.

I am laughing at our furbabies (again). They are playing a strange version of tag. First the cat stalks the dog and then when she has jumped on Violet's back, it is Violet to the chase. Then Violet gets tired so she swats Monkey with her tail and lies down. Monkey tries a few times to get Violet going but then takes off to one of her many hiding places.

Today is a tough one for me. 15 years ago today my best friend growing up was killed in a horrible accident. She and her fiancé were hit by a drunk driver and their car blew up with them in it. The really sad part is that they were both recovering alcoholics who had turned their lives around. The driver survived the accident and was only given probation and loss of license for 3 years. Diane, I miss you so much.

Oh Laurie, I am so very sorry. [[[[[[[[[[Hugs]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

I'm so sorry.

Love,
~Cat

Thanks, Cat.

I think it just hit me hard today because I haven't been feeling well and hearing about the recent crash where once again the drunk driver basically got off.

We talked to our realtor (who happens to be our neighbour) tonight and we agreed that we will probably list and start looking in February. That gives us awhile to really figure out if moving is the right thing to do at this time. We are very torn.

We just got in from standing out in the rain during a fire alarm here in our Gatlinburg condo. Somebody's fireplace smoked up their apartment so they opened their door, which set off the smoke alarms.

Our alarm goes off and no one even opens their door to see what the problem is. The last time was when someone burnt their toast in the toaster oven. It is always something stupid here.

There are no instructions for any of the residents on what to do when the alarm goes off. The first time a new resident hears it, they are the only ones who react until they see no one else out in the halls. Then they go back into their apartments. A lot of times it is just a piece of dust that got into the ceiling alarm. Just love it when that happens at three in the morning. :angel:

Our alarm goes off and no one even opens their door to see what the problem is. The last time was when someone burnt their toast in the toaster oven. It is always something stupid here.

There are no instructions for any of the residents on what to do when the alarm goes off. The first time a new resident hears it, they are the only ones who react until they see no one else out in the halls. Then they go back into their apartments. A lot of times it is just a piece of dust that got into the ceiling alarm. Just love it when that happens at three in the morning. :angel:

Instructions? Do you mean something like, "When alarms sounds, leave building"? :LOL:
That's something I was taught starting in kindergarten a few times a year.

Back
Top Bottom