What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking through the new books...was able to pick up E.R. Burroughs' John Carter Trilogy. My old paperbacks won't make it trough another reading, they are falling apart.

Wanted to thank everyone for the well wishes,
Surgery went well , no problems.
Princess it was carpal tunnel in the elbow and the
wrist. Plus he removed a cyst from the wrist that
was wrapped around the main artery. I have 8 stitches
and 10 clamps. I am doing great and can type on day three:clap::clap:
I have a Guardian Angel :angel:

Josie

Cat, I am so sorry to hear of Mama's illness. When she is scheduled to fly back home, make sure she is cleared by the doctor to do so. Being in an enclosed airplane for so many hours, and the pressurized cabin in the plane can play havoc with someone who is or has recently been ill.

Give Mama and everyone else a hug from me. And do let us know how she is doing. This visit has certainly been an eventful one for all of you. Make sure everyone takes care of themselves. The flu is running rampant right now. And you don't want everyone to be sick at the same time. The flu is hardest on the very young, children, and the elderly. So make sure DA is well taken care of. Don't let Papa get overtired. Along with the rest of you. It might be a good idea for all of you to wear masks. You can get them at any drugstore. (Walgreen's, CVS) Take care and remember we all love you. :angel:

Josie

Yay! I am so glad it went well.

Cat, I hope Mama is feeling better soon. With Pneumonia, she will be tired for a very long time. It was several months before I was back to my old self.

Be careful with your stitches. You won't be any good to anyone if you hurt yourself.

I think what I have is just a bad cold as I don't have a fever at all. I've had it since Christmas Eve. Yesterday I felt very good, but I had a bad night of coughing last night and today I feel congested again. I hope my husband doesn't get it.

Josie
Dear Josie,
I am so glad it went well for you. As someone who has trouble with their hands and wrists, I understand the frustration. I am glad you are feeling relief.

I have been needing a new chair for the computer for a long time. The one I have has been dead for about a year. It is really too large for me. So today a new, smaller chair arrived. Spike bought it for me. I kept asking him to pick up a small pillow for my present one. But I guess it was easier to buy a new chair on line, than go to the Dollar Store and pick up a small pillow. He refuses to admit though that it is a Christmas present. Instead, since The Pirate is my Christmas baby, he tells me it is for The Pirate's birthday. Just like Labor Day is in honor of him. He was born on Labor Day.

I am so glad my baby days are way past me. Just think of all the holidays I could still be having babies on. What a horrible and painful thought that was. I think it is time to close this missive. :angel:

I am so glad my baby days are way past me. Just think of all the holidays I could still be having babies on. What a horrible and painful thought that was. I think it is time to close this missive. :angel:

Addie, I have missed your charming wit. Thanks for the chuckle!

I just finished doing this. It's still lightly simmering.
Creamed turkey.jpg

I'm not having it for dinner tonight, but I had the (leftover) turkey thawed since yesterday so figured I had better cook it. Plus I had some bacon grease I thought would be good for sauteing the veggies in and creating a gravy with. I'll probably warm and spoon some over a couple biscuits for lunch tomorrow... I plan on using a large spoon :)

Last edited:
I am sitting here in the dark waiting for Spike to come and put my new chair together for me. I am just too lazy to stand up and reach for the lamp on the wall.

I didn't bother to check my mail Thursday through today. So when I went down, sure enough, no mail. :angel:

I am sitting here in the dark waiting for Spike to come and put my new chair together for me. I am just too lazy to stand up and reach for the lamp on the wall.

I didn't bother to check my mail Thursday through today. So when I went down, sure enough, no mail. :angel:

Wow. And I thought I was lazy.
I hope you are sitting on the pot :LOL:

Cat, I am so sorry to hear of Mama's illness. When she is scheduled to fly back home, make sure she is cleared by the doctor to do so. Being in an enclosed airplane for so many hours, and the pressurized cabin in the plane can play havoc with someone who is or has recently been ill.

Give Mama and everyone else a hug from me. And do let us know how she is doing. This visit has certainly been an eventful one for all of you. Make sure everyone takes care of themselves. The flu is running rampant right now. And you don't want everyone to be sick at the same time. The flu is hardest on the very young, children, and the elderly. So make sure DA is well taken care of. Don't let Papa get overtired. Along with the rest of you. It might be a good idea for all of you to wear masks. You can get them at any drugstore. (Walgreen's, CVS) Take care and remember we all love you. :angel:

Thank you so very much, Addie. No, we know she can't fly back with Papa, so she's set her ticket to January 28. She's very sick.

Thank you all for being concerned about my Mamma. We're worried too, but she seems to be having good medicines and she was a little hungry today and breathing better. She ate lightly but she ate some of all three meals and she had some crackers with the leftover cheese ball and yogurt for her snacks. She naps a lot, and talks to Papa and DA through the door at the top of the steps.

None of us go upstairs. The door is closed. Papa and DA do not come down here. Carl has gotten a cold. I'm very worried, with his asthma, of him being exposed so very closely to Mamma's pneumonia. I changed the filters on the heat pump today and I hope it keeps DA and Papa well. I think masks are a very good idea. I dug out all the ones I bought when I had that other cold and so Papa and DA have them.

Mamma is being very, very pampered by all three of us. Papa was so very smart to move Carl down here. Papa and I got angry with one another when I refused to let him go to the hospital with us. Mamma was down here all the time, he was not, and I didn't wish for the risk to him. He could have become ill and he's always with DA.

I said to let us take her, I'm already sick, Carl refused to let me go without him so he could comfort Mamma, and it was a mess. But when we were gone, Papa knew I was right, and he moved Carl's bed and his stuff down here.

What really hurt me was when Papa apologized for being upset with me, I couldn't hug him. I told him I went between him and his wife this one time, and I just couldn't allow him to become exposed any more. I also said the apology wasn't necessary, for he removed Carl away from DA and him and this meant more than anything to me, and I said his little girl is still here and I love him. He said he loved me dearly, and then he said he loves the little girl of me, but he also admires and loves his big girl! We've become so close. I adore my Papa more than ever now. I can tell him anything now, just like Mamma.

I've discovered something now about my parents. If you're honest and let them be parents while you are still their little girl, parents grow with you. Then they become your best friends and then you find out they were your best friends all along the way, and that makes the love you have for them go off above the scale. I love them much more. I always loved them dearly but now I have had different experiences with them, especially my Papa, and I find my love for them is so much more.

I'm sorry this is so long. Mamma saw me after my talk with Papa and she said, "Now you're a Papa's girl, as well as a Mamma's girl. That's what I've always wanted."

At least I could hug Mamma. My arms ache for Papa.

Carl's on the phone with his Mamma, and Lakisha made a few postings but she's still very aching with this plague (this is what we call it) so she's in the bathtub with my wonderful lavender bath beads and Epsom salts. Mamma is up in a chair, looking over my shoulder here, and she wishes all of you well and she thanks all of you for your concern and everything.

I'm saying this in front of her: I'm heartbroken that she is so sick, but a blessing came of this: I get to be with her longer. I just wish Papa could stay longer but he has the businesses to attend to. Mamma called her administrators and has a substitute teacher arranged indefinitely for to take her classes.

Now I need to catch up upon what else all of you are doing.

With love,
~Cat

Josie

I'm so happy you are doing well! Uck...stitches. Those are not any fun.

Thank you for the good news!

With love,
~Cat

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom