What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cat, I hope Mama is feeling better soon. With Pneumonia, she will be tired for a very long time. It was several months before I was back to my old self.

Be careful with your stitches. You won't be any good to anyone if you hurt yourself.

I think what I have is just a bad cold as I don't have a fever at all. I've had it since Christmas Eve. Yesterday I felt very good, but I had a bad night of coughing last night and today I feel congested again. I hope my husband doesn't get it.

Oh no, Carol. I'm sorry. Thank you for your kind words for Mamma and me. Three did tear, but another doctor at the hospital took those out and made bigger ones for me when he saw the back of my shirt all red and asked what was wrong.

I hope this is just a bad cold, for I have heard awful things of the flu, and I do so hope your husband doesn't become ill.

With love,
~Cat

I just got off the phone with Mom. She threw her boyfriend out, finally! He's gone!! He packed his stuff and went today. I was really worried about Mom making the bills, but she managed to save a bunch of money so she's ok.

She just paid the last payment of her mortgage off yesterday and the house is hers now. This frees up about five hundred bucks for her.

One of her good friends from college is moving in, my godmother. Her husband died in 2012 and she finally sold her house. Mom and her have been through lots of stuff and so shes moving in with Mom and they're gonna split the utilities and property taxes.

Mom's gonna be ok now. She's got her friend there who's got a real good job and neither one of them have a bunch of baggage bills Mom had to deal with like credit cards from her boyfriend.

Mom said the first thing she'll do because she got freed up of $500 from the mortgage is to get a better car. She said with some savings, and her real good credit she's gonna buy a car that's only a couple years old. Right now she has a 1999 Subaru Legacy, and she wants a newer Outback.

I got my Christmas presents in spades, y'all! Cat's wearing my ring, Mom's gonna be ok now and that man is gone.

I saw Cat's posts here, and I hope all of y'all get better. This cold is kicking my tail and I'll be thinking of y'all too. I hate that y'all are having to go through a bunch of health problems. That's not fair.

Cat just opened a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and we're gonna drink a toast to y'all and we hope y'all get better.

Carl

Cat, please make sure your Mama gets plenty of fluids in her. A lot of chicken soup is just what she needs. Mostly the broth. You don't want to be giving her heavy meals at this time. Make sure something to drink is right next to her and encourage her to take small sips constantly. A straw wouldn't hurt right now either.

Also, try to make her give little coughs throughout the day. It will encourage her lungs to rid themselves of the fluid. Most of all make sure she gets plenty of rest and sleep.

I am glad you have become friends with your parents. When that happens, you know you have grown up. Mama is going to be fine with the great care you are giving her.

And I am happy that Carl has resolved his problems regarding his Mom. Sounds like things are really working out for everyone. :angel:

Two more work days. They changed the time of my surgery to 7:30 am...no waiting as I am the first in. By the time Mom starts to worry about it, it will be all over. This is a good thing. Shrek is more keyed up than I am.

Two more work days. They changed the time of my surgery to 7:30 am...no waiting as I am the first in. By the time Mom starts to worry about it, it will be all over. This is a good thing. Shrek is more keyed up than I am.

Now I have to get up early to worry about you!

This cold I'm getting is so slow to get started. I've been feeling like it's going to hit me hard when I get up in the morning, but when I get up, it's not happening. This happened to me last year too. It took a long time to get started, came and went but a cough lingered for a long time after.

Poor Shrek. Will he be at the hospital waiting for you to come out? I love being scheduled early in the morning for surgery. I usually am still sleeping when they come in to get me ready. And the first thing I ask when I wake up is, "When can I go home?" :angel:

I just got home from a drive into the city. It is BRUTAL out there. Zero visibility and maybe 25 yds when you can see. Gotta love the idiots driving without lights.

We'll be thinking of you, Ogress! Take care of yourself and make Shrek wait on you on hand and foot.

With love,
~Cat and Company

We're expecting a big storm Thurs. PM and most of Friday.

Just when you thought winter was waning it comes right back to slap you in the face. I've got snow running from 3" to 10" already. I better check my beer supply :LOL:

Wwe don't usually get a lot of snow early in the winter. Most of our big storms come later in Jan., Feb. and Mar.

Josie, glad to see you're surgery went well. Hope everything heals up good and quick.

Cat, so sorry so many of you have been sick or hurt this Christmas season. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

PF, good luck with the surgery. Tell Shrek he's lucky to have the privilege of caring for you when you come home. ;-)

Andy and all the rest of you that are battling the germs, get well! After all, starting tomorrow you'll have to tell people you've been sick for two years!

I am about to eat half of this Russian Tea Biscuit that we bought at West Side Market yesterday. The teaspoon is for size comparison.

ForumRunner_20131231_130846.jpg

Half of that sucker is probably half the calories for a day! I'll enjoy every one of them.

Back
Top Bottom