What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hitting it early tonight. Have a retirement party to go to tomorrow...at Hooters. One of the guys Shrek worked with is being forced to retire because of health. He was a friend of ours before he worked with Shrek, so I'm going along, even if I am the only female in the group. They will treat me like a Queen...if they know what is good for them:LOL:

If they fail to treat you like a Queen, remind them of that double indemity during a full moom. :ohmy:

If they fail to treat you like a Queen, remind them of that double indemity during a full moom. :ohmy:

Actually, they are all nice guys. I used to go out to the store (Wal-Mart) in the middle of the night and tell a cashier I'd never met (easy to do) that I heard they had male strippers and ask where were they in the store. I'd come upon the strippers (wax stripping, they all did floor maintenance) and applaud them for the job they were doing. They were big support when Shrek was so sick and helped me convince him to take better care of himself. And when we found out Shrek had bladder cancer and was in the hospital, they went and sat with him so I could go home and get some sleep, playing chauffeur so I didn't have to drive.

Alix said:
Soooo jealous! Have a great time! Hope you got the Ultimate park hopper. The best food is in MGM. Avoid the food in the magic kingdom.

I just finished dinner, got my glass of wine and I am going to catch up on all the stuff going on around here.
Yes we did get the good park hopper!
We are staying at the coronado and have dining reservations at several places in parks and other resorts! I am excited like a kid right now, we should be there this afternoon!

I'm waiting until I am allowed to have my first cup of coffee. It will be a double espresso allongé. 15 minutes down, 15 to go.

I'm waiting until I am allowed to have my first cup of coffee. It will be a double espresso allongé. 15 minutes down, 15 to go.
Tried to look up what espresso allongé is, but ran into a wall at it being described as being french, but not what it means.

What exactly is it. I've never heard of it. I know what espresso is of course. What does it mean when you add "allongé" to it?

Tried to look up what espresso allongé is, but ran into a wall at it being described as being french, but not what it means.

What exactly is it. I've never heard of it. I know what espresso is of course. What does it mean when you add "allongé" to it?

It means it has been elongated. It's a term we have been using in Montreal for at least 30 years.

I make an espresso and then add two parts hot water. I like my "allongé" very long. In a cafe it's usually about 50/50 espresso/water, unless you say "very long". I love espresso, but the straight one is so intense that my poor taste buds are overwhelmed. This way I can taste subtle flavours. :yum: It also lasts longer. :rolleyes:

It means it has been elongated. It's a term we have been using in Montreal for at least 30 years.

I make an espresso and then add two parts hot water. I like my "allongé" very long. In a cafe it's usually about 50/50 espresso/water, unless you say "very long". I love espresso, but the straight one is so intense that my poor taste buds are overwhelmed. This way I can taste subtle flavours. :yum: It also lasts longer. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the explanation.

i've only had espresso a few times. to me it had a strong muddy flavor, that is, until the bumblebee buzzy high kicked in....so, how is diluted (elongated) espresso different from regular bold brewed coffee?

i've only had espresso a few times. to me it had a strong muddy flavor, that is, until the bumblebee buzzy high kicked in....so, how is diluted (elongated) espresso different from regular bold brewed coffee?

The method of passing the hot water through the ground beans quickly, under pressure, brings out subtle flavours. It even tastes different from mocha, the stuff made in the little stove-top espresso makers.

BTW, I don't use "bold" beans. I use a nice medium dark brown roast. Any darker than that and it tastes burnt to me. They don't use really dark roasts in Italy or Paris.

It's yucky outside, so I will stay indoors. It's not that cold, but there is slush every where and it's gonna freeze into a skating rink.

I will be playing Gardens of Time online, checking in here, and playing with the iPhone a friend gave me. She has a newer one.

Unfortunately, I don't think they will be performing. I would love to see them strip wax. ;)

I got the best laugh. Told the girls in the restaurant about the "male strippers" and they thought it was great. Once the guys were all there they announced overhead about the retirement party for the male strippers. And the girls kept coming over to talk to the guys about being (wax) strippers...we had a good time! One of the girls's husband is on the floor crew in the restaurant, she's excited about telling him he is a male stripper working at Hooters.:ROFLMAO:

spent most of the day waiting for the repairman to fix my gas lead. did some birthday shopping on line. and of course you know i read. wind is blowing like crazy. big time fire warnings.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom