What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for mentioning this, LPB. I've just finished listening to the Christmas edition and will be listening again in future.

I've always loved "big band" and swing music and as a teenager, when my contemporaries were saving up for Beatles and Rolling Stones on vinyl I was haunting jumbles sales with my pocket money looking for Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, The Dorsey Brothers et al on 78 shellac records. Even as a little girl I was deeply unimpressed with Elvis Presley and Bill Haley and the Comets. My favourite uncle was a jazz fan and I think I caught it from him.

MC, we have to talk! My Dad hitchhiked from Hamilton, Ontario to New York right after he was discharged from WWII. In uniform, he and his buddy got into many shows including The Dorseys, Debbie Reynolds, Benny Goodman and more. It was funny, in his last years he lost a lot of his memories present and past, but he would go on and on about his trip and who he saw.

He brought me up with a love of big band music, jazz, you name it. And filled me with a ton of knowledge as well.

What a good kind girl you are and some very wise words too.

I'm late picking this up but I hope all the invalids are feeling better now. And what about you after the accident? Are you fully recovered?

Happy new year and I hope you achieve all you wish for in the coming year.

God bless.

Thank you so very much for your very kind words! We are feeling a little better and Mamma is also. I was so very worried of her, but her coughing is now getting rid of that stuff in her lungs and she is feeling better. Carl's cold hasn't brought up an asthma attack, and I'm so very grateful for that. Lakisha and I are better, also.

My stitches are to be removed on my birthday, January 3. Such a very nice birthday present! It feels very much better and I didn't have to use all those pills. I did tear part of the gash open when I was driving Mamma to the hospital, but a doctor there saw to this and fixed it with bigger stitches. Most of it has healed now and I have Lakisha to look of it and she says it looks good. I'll be just fine. As Mamma says, I bounce very well!:LOL:

Papa and DA are still well, and I'm so very, very grateful of this. But in a few days, I'll have to take him to the airport for his flights back to Brasov. I'm hating this, for I'm going to lose him. And he's going back all alone, for Mamma must wait. But he promised me he would call me now at least three times a week so we can have this time together.

Poor Papa. I think this visit has been very difficult for him, but yet also he knows I love him and we have a closer relationship now and we cherish every minute we have together.

I told Carl and Lakisha I needed a plan to sabotage his departure, but the ideas we came up with will result in very much time in prison.

Happy New Year! And thank you!

With love,
~Cat

Looks like there is a whole new group of you to wish a speedy recovery, heal fast and feel better soon. PF especially good wishes for tomorrow.

Cat, keep Mama coughing and make sure she gets those liquids into her on a regular basis. Keep a box of tissues at hand so she has something to spit into. You don't want her to swallow what she is bringing up. And have a basket close at hand so she can dispose of the tissue. Once use only on the tissues. I am betting that Papa will be giving Mama a proper goodbye when the time comes. (And please stay our to prison!)

It is good that Carl is not having asthma attacks. Stress can easily bring on one. As Carl will tell you. :angel:

Last edited:
Nobody playing this morning, guess I'll head to work. Long day, doing wrap up before I turn my key in and be gone a month.

I did finally get a lock for my locker so I can stash my desk clutter while I am gone...I'm pretty sure the person using my desk will not want a three legged pig, a cat stapler and a can of Unicorn Meat hanging around.

Then home to wrap up around here. No driving for a week if I remember right. Okay we start taking bets tomorrow how long I can actually stay off of work.
Some one already has the 2 week marker 1/16/14. The doc has me off until 2/3/14.

Nobody playing this morning, guess I'll head to work. Long day, doing wrap up before I turn my key in and be gone a month.

I did finally get a lock for my locker so I can stash my desk clutter while I am gone...I'm pretty sure the person using my desk will not want a three legged pig, a cat stapler and a can of Unicorn Meat hanging around.

Then home to wrap up around here. No driving for a week if I remember right. Okay we start taking bets tomorrow how long I can actually stay off of work.
Some one already has the 2 week marker 1/16/14. The doc has me off until 2/3/14.

Well, if I were a betting woman, 2.5 weeks, you will stop in just to say Hi!. By week three you will be working half days or just staying long enough to help out. Like with lunch. January 28th work be a full working day for you. :angel:

I understand the cat stapler but the three-legged pig and the can of Unicorn Meat left me worrying about you. Will your surgery fix this?:ermm:

Addie, we're doing all that. But thank you for reminding us! Mamma is coughing up stuff again today and she had some toast and orange juice for breakfast.

With love,
~Cat

Happy thoughts for you PF that today is an easy day and you get all the last minute stuff done before you are off! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, and hope that everything goes well for you, and mentally sending calming thoughts to Shrek. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday morning :)

Cat, I hope everyone at your house is starting to feel better! It is especially tough when it is our parents who are sick. My dad was very sick this past summer, I can relate to how worried you are about Mamma Cat. I'm glad papa will call you regularly, he will be missing you and mama cat very much I'm sure!

Happy thoughts for you PF that today is an easy day and you get all the last minute stuff done before you are off! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, and hope that everything goes well for you, and mentally sending calming thoughts to Shrek. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday morning :)

Cat, I hope everyone at your house is starting to feel better! It is especially tough when it is our parents who are sick. My dad was very sick this past summer, I can relate to how worried you are about Mamma Cat. I'm glad papa will call you regularly, he will be missing you and mama cat very much I'm sure!

Fooo! That Ogress will be posting tomorrow night and back to work in a week! Along with her three-legged pig and her Unicorn Meat, also!:ermm:

Thank you, Toffiffeezz! It's very alarming to see Mamma sick. She never gets sick. I'm sorry your dad was sick; it's true about parents. Papa and DA are still well, thank goodness!

I wish this cough would go away. Uck!

With love,
~Cat

Back
Top Bottom