What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks as though I can join the sick crew. I've had a crappy old-fashioned cold for 9 days now and my patience has run out. It began innocently enough with a slight bit of laryngitis, which then morphed into mild congestion, along with some minor coughing. Well, boys and girls, it developed into a world class coughy, snotty cold. My ribs are sore to the touch from coughing and, for the same reason, my abdominal muscles are as hard as cast iron. This is NOT the way to get 6-pack abs!

The worst part is that I'm tired beyond measure because I can't get a full night's rest because of the coughing. I've tried a myriad of things but none have been even moderately effective. It just has to run its course and seems to be quite bit better today. I at least slept enough last night that I had a memory of a dream when I awoke this morning. That's progress.

Cat, I'm sending thoughts of continued positive progress for your mother and everyone else in hour house who is down with the plague. Boy, doesn't this help us be thankful for when we feel good?!

I shouldn't complain as it's been, literally, over 20 years since I was down with a bug or a cold. Not a bad average.

PF take care and kick butt and take names as necessary!!!

Looks as though I can join the sick crew. I've had a crappy old-fashioned cold for 9 days now and my patience has run out. It began innocently enough with a slight bit of laryngitis, which then morphed into mild congestion, along with some minor coughing. Well, boys and girls, it developed into a world class coughy, snotty cold. My ribs are sore to the touch from coughing and, for the same reason, my abdominal muscles are as hard as cast iron. This is NOT the way to get 6-pack abs!

The worst part is that I'm tired beyond measure because I can't get a full night's rest because of the coughing. I've tried a myriad of things but none have been even moderately effective. It just has to run its course and seems to be quite bit better today. I at least slept enough last night that I had a memory of a dream when I awoke this morning. That's progress.

Cat, I'm sending thoughts of continued positive progress for your mother and everyone else in hour house who is down with the plague. Boy, doesn't this help us be thankful for when we feel good?!

I shouldn't complain as it's been, literally, over 20 years since I was down with a bug or a cold. Not a bad average.

PF take care and kick butt and take names as necessary!!!

Oh no! It seems no one is safe from this plague, not even our gypsy. I'm sorry you're sick, Katie.

Thank you for your thoughts to us. The three of us kids are a little better. Carl and I are going to venture out to the store for stuff for chicken soup and other groceries. Lakisha will stay with Mamma, and we won't be out long, we're tired also.

Uck. This means I have to get dressed. I got three Hello Kitty footie pajamas for Christmas with no waistband and they are so very comfortable.

Go away plague!!

With love,
~Cat

I'll be back Friday...he has orders to let the forum know if something bad happens. So I'll be back Friday, because nothing bad is going to happen.

Just had a thought: why does it have to be"no news is good news"? Maybe you could sweet talk Shrek into giving us an update that everything went well?

Whenever we hear from YOU will be the best news of all. As the song from Oliver goes, "You can go, but be back soon" ;-)

MC, we have to talk! My Dad hitchhiked from Hamilton, Ontario to New York right after he was discharged from WWII. In uniform, he and his buddy got into many shows including The Dorseys, Debbie Reynolds, Benny Goodman and more. It was funny, in his last years he lost a lot of his memories present and past, but he would go on and on about his trip and who he saw.

He brought me up with a love of big band music, jazz, you name it. And filled me with a ton of knowledge as well.
Lucky you. I'm not very knowledgeable but "I know what I like" as they say. I had a boyfriend in my 20s (1970s) whose father ran an (even then) old-fashioned dance band quintet which played at weddings and local club dances and, as I had a bit of a voice back then and knew a lot of the words, he occasionally roped me in for a "gig" - often at the local swimming baths which closed in the winter and had a tiny stage at one end and a very good dance floor laid over the pool area. Talk about hitting the big time:LOL:

Horses respond well to music and when I first got Horse I decided I'd see what he liked best (not as crazy as it sounds!) I brought the CD player and a selection of recordings from Mozart to Artie Shaw and every day played a couple to see his reaction. Mozart made him fidgety and a nuisance while I was trying to work round him but he was absolutely "sent" by a collection of Dinah Shore songs. We sometimes play DS to him when the vet comes as it calms him down and relaxes him. Try that with a Sex Pistols CD!

There's an internet "radio" channel called the "UK 1940s Radio Station" run by a collection of enthusiasts, which I listen to from time to time but the BBC has got rid of almost all of it's big band stuff on Radio 2 as it "doesn't appeal to the target audience". Interestingly the "UK 1940s Radio Station" says it's listeners are mainly in the 18-65 age range which is what the BBC claims to be chasing!

Just had a thought: why does it have to be"no news is good news"? Maybe you could sweet talk Shrek into giving us an update that everything went well?

Whenever we hear from YOU will be the best news of all. As the song from Oliver goes, "You can go, but be back soon" ;-)

Why waste the time on sweet talk? Just threaten him with a good beating. It worked on me real well from Mama.
Lakisha

Just finished installing a replacement spray hose on the kitchen sink. The hose on the old one cracked so I had to keep it pulled out and in the sink so the leaking water went down the drain instead of under the sink. Fortunately, this faucet set comes with free lifetime replacement parts.

The difficult part for me is to contort my fat old body under the sink and reach up behind and around a garbage disposal and a 10" deep sink to get to the connections. Fortunately, SO was available to provide a second pair of hands topside while I was down under.

Next project is to move the regulator clock to a different location in the LR.

Last edited:
One way or the other, I'll be thinking of you.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 90
you will be in my thoughts tomorrow, pf. i'm sending along a stash of hugs for you to apply as needed once your surgery is done. can you feel the love that is coming to you from dc? so many dear friends embrace you at this time. feed on that love, pf. we'll see ya friday....

One way or the other, I'll be thinking of you.

Awwwww. :wub: Perfect, Andy!

Best wishes, PF, and way to get it over with early, while the surgeons are stll fresh and sufficiently nonshaky and recovered post NYE. We'll be anxiously awaiting news!

Last edited:
Cat has a dry erase board over her desk with all the names of people who need prayers and thoughts. Ogress is written on it in all upper-case green letters. There's other names there too.

We're all here for you too, Ogress!

Lakisha

Always hard work, Andy. Good job replacing the hose.
I've been watching movies all day again. And most of them have had a winter setting.
Coincidence? I think not.
I've got a LOT of snow to move tomorrow. Which was why I gave myself the day off from it today.

No dinner thread yet?
Well I'll post what I am doing here.
I plan on throwing some frozen biscuits in TO shortly and heating up some of that turkey 'n biscuits I made the other day with a side of prime rib bones.
I am loving that TO. That's what I cooked my lobster and cod in last night, and some more cod that I had today for lunch. It's so nice to have an accurate oven, even if it is small.

I moved my regulator clock across the room. I had to remove and reinstall two wall anchors for the clock. Sadly, I don't have any spackle to fill the holes so I'll be making a run to the hardware store tomorrow. On the other hand, we have plenty of paint to touch up the wall.

No dinner thread yet?
Well I'll post what I am doing here.
I plan on throwing some frozen biscuits in TO shortly and heating up some of that turkey 'n biscuits I made the other day with a side of prime rib bones.
I am loving that TO. That's what I cooked my lobster and cod in last night, and some more cod that I had today for lunch. It's so nice to have an accurate oven, even if it is small.

Glad to hear you like the TO. Ours is acting up on occasion so a replacement may be soon in order.

Cat was sitting at her desk when she started coughing and all of a sudden blood gushed out of her nose and it looked like she tried to get up and she said something in Romanian and passed out. Carl called 911 for an ambulance and we held Cat while Carl yelled for her Papa I found her keys in her purse and Carl and her Papa followed the ambulance. She didn't wake up but she was breathing and I could feel her pulse and then her Mamma started to cry when they left and I just found out Cat hasn't slept at at all since her Mamma got sick. She's been staying up watching her Mamma and reading on her Nook and none of us knew it. Carl called and said she woke up in the ambulance and was awake when they brought her in and that's all we know. OMG we're so scared!! Her Mamma said she told her she felt dizzy this morning but it was probably from the cold and don't worry about it. I'm sorry I'm bringing bad news but you should know and I just put Cat's name on the board and I cleaned up the blood and we're waiting to hear from Carl. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. So sorry to ruin everyone's New Year day.

Lakisha

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom