What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DH is trying to fix the coffee maker, which has started to leak water all over the counter. If he doesn't get it fixed, no coffee tomorrow morning!!!

DH is trying to fix the coffee maker, which has started to leak water all over the counter. If he doesn't get it fixed, no coffee tomorrow morning!!!

Mine broke two years ago!

I set the old filter basket from the coffee maker directly over the pot and pour boiling water from the tea kettle into the basket, sort of like an improvised Melita. I should buy a new coffee maker, I just never think of it when I'm in a store. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Do you think he may have another one hidden in the attic?

Rocket Dawg, I have heard of the road crews pre-treating the roads, but I have never heard of pre-shoveling!

I heard we are going to have some very cold temps in the next 7 days!

I am so worried about Cat and her family. They are in my prayers, as is PF, and everyone else having medical difficulties at this time.

I understand the cat stapler but the three-legged pig and the can of Unicorn Meat left me worrying about you. Will your surgery fix this?:ermm:

Addie, we're doing all that. But thank you for reminding us! Mamma is coughing up stuff again today and she had some toast and orange juice for breakfast.

With love,
~Cat

I hope it doesn't fix it...I love my three-legged pig, it's a good luck symbol from Chile, I got it when I first got Breast cancer. As for the Unicorn Meat, nope that will always be funny!!!:D

Just finished installing a replacement spray hose on the kitchen sink. The hose on the old one cracked so I had to keep it pulled out and in the sink so the leaking water went down the drain instead of under the sink. Fortunately, this faucet set comes with free lifetime replacement parts.

The difficult part for me is to contort my fat old body under the sink and reach up behind and around a garbage disposal and a 10" deep sink to get to the connections. Fortunately, SO was available to provide a second pair of hands topside while I was down under....
No fun, huh Andy? Himself has the same problem with a big ol' body in a small space. Plus, he'd rather work with electricity than water because "electricity doesn't leak".;-)

Happy thoughts for you PF that today is an easy day and you get all the last minute stuff done before you are off! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning, and hope that everything goes well for you, and mentally sending calming thoughts to Shrek. Looking forward to hearing from you on Friday morning :)

Cat, I hope everyone at your house is starting to feel better! It is especially tough when it is our parents who are sick. My dad was very sick this past summer, I can relate to how worried you are about Mamma Cat. I'm glad papa will call you regularly, he will be missing you and mama cat very much I'm sure!

Thanks Toffi! Shrek definitely needs all the help he can get. Today went well, no stress, just wandering and able to get things wrapped up nicely. Actually, we haven't been this caught up in years and I managed to get us in a good spot for the chaos to follow :) I appreciate the good thoughts for the both of us.

Fooo! That Ogress will be posting tomorrow night and back to work in a week! Along with her three-legged pig and her Unicorn Meat, also!:ermm:

Thank you, Toffiffeezz! It's very alarming to see Mamma sick. She never gets sick. I'm sorry your dad was sick; it's true about parents. Papa and DA are still well, thank goodness!

I wish this cough would go away. Uck!

With love,
~Cat

No, not tomorrow night...I'm overnight in the hospital and I will for sure take a week off...after that, who knows, depends on how I feel. I've read that after the robotic surgery, most people take 3 weeks for full recovery. About half the recovery time of open surgery. So I will be back Friday afternoon...my time!:)

Looks as though I can join the sick crew. I've had a crappy old-fashioned cold for 9 days now and my patience has run out. It began innocently enough with a slight bit of laryngitis, which then morphed into mild congestion, along with some minor coughing. Well, boys and girls, it developed into a world class coughy, snotty cold. My ribs are sore to the touch from coughing and, for the same reason, my abdominal muscles are as hard as cast iron. This is NOT the way to get 6-pack abs!

The worst part is that I'm tired beyond measure because I can't get a full night's rest because of the coughing. I've tried a myriad of things but none have been even moderately effective. It just has to run its course and seems to be quite bit better today. I at least slept enough last night that I had a memory of a dream when I awoke this morning. That's progress.

Cat, I'm sending thoughts of continued positive progress for your mother and everyone else in hour house who is down with the plague. Boy, doesn't this help us be thankful for when we feel good?!

I shouldn't complain as it's been, literally, over 20 years since I was down with a bug or a cold. Not a bad average.

PF take care and kick butt and take names as necessary!!!

Vick's Vaporub on your feet before bed really helps with the cough, Katie! Calms it and you get some good relaxing.

Thanks, Katie! I'll be on my best patient behavior and try real hard not to irritate the nurses.

Cat was sitting at her desk when she started coughing and all of a sudden blood gushed out of her nose and it looked like she tried to get up and she said something in Romanian and passed out. Carl called 911 for an ambulance and.......we're waiting to hear from Carl. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from him. So sorry to ruin everyone's New Year day.

Lakisha

Oh my Lakisha! I hope Carl calls soon and let's you all know that Cat is fine and just needs to take care of herself first, like others have said. Give her a hug from me and let her know I'll say an extra prayer for her tonight.

It depends on the city. My city has compostable collection for everyone who doesn't live in a condo or apartment. Montreal is phasing in compostable collection. I'm pretty sure that burning garbage is illegal.

I think the main concern about the garbage disposals isn't the environment, but the cost of the extra chemicals for water treatment.
We have green bins for organic matter. I use the city-provided green bin to store 90 lb of chicken feed. The organic waste goes either to the chickens or compost. As far as burning garbage, I heat with wood, so yes, I do use garbage as a fire starter...the government hasn't figured out how to regulate what we burn in our woodstoves or how to police it...

I have only hauled 6 bags of garbage out since November 2012. I don't used canned goods and recycle glass and plastic, so I don't generate a lot of garbage...a bag every 2-3 weeks.

Holding you in our hearts tomorrow, Princess.

Thanks lizzie...I know I am in good hearts and will be safe with you near me.

Is this your Pig PF?

Chanchitos

That is exactly my little pig, Carol!

Good luck tomorrow PF.

Thanks Rocket!

One way or the other, I'll be thinking of you.

Love you, too Andy...I can't go wrong with you on my side.

you will be in my thoughts tomorrow, pf. i'm sending along a stash of hugs for you to apply as needed once your surgery is done. can you feel the love that is coming to you from dc? so many dear friends embrace you at this time. feed on that love, pf. we'll see ya friday....

I hold onto those for Friday when I start hurting. Thanks vit and yes, I can feel it. Youse guys are gonna make me cry!

Love you all and I truly appreciate this outpouring of well-wishes, good thoughts and prayers. Take it easy on Shrek, aside from dealing with me he has a MIL and FIL he has to keep informed and this has really got him worried sick...

Thanks for thinking of Catand being here for us! We just heard she's dehydrated and exhausted and on a second bag of fluids and she has a real bad sinus and ear infection and bronchitis and a fever. They're going to discharge her after she gets all her fluids and she got an antiobiotics shot and some kind of anti-inflammatory shot. We're going to move Cat to Carl's bed, Carl's taking the sofabed, and I'll be with her Mamma. I sleep good and her Mamma will just wake me up if she needs anything. We'll take real good care of her when she gets home. We didn't know she was that sick. Now her Papa's exposed so I don't know what we'll do. When they left I called Gwen and she's healthy and she's up there with Aunty Stela. Cat shouldn't push herself like that and I'm gonna have a good talk with her when she gets back. She should have let us help her with her Mamma, we are right here!

Thanks, and I'll let you know when she gets home.

Lakisha

Awwwww. :wub: Perfect, Andy!

Best wishes, PF, and way to get it over with early, while the surgeons are stll fresh and sufficiently nonshaky and recovered post NYE. We'll be anxiously awaiting news!

Thanks, Dawg! Have more fun on vacation.

Cat has a dry erase board over her desk with all the names of people who need prayers and thoughts. Ogress is written on it in all upper-case green letters. There's other names there too.

We're all here for you too, Ogress!

Lakisha

Thank you Lakisha, Carl, Mamma, Papa and ~Cat! I'll be good and not frighten the orderlies...:D

No dinner thread yet?
Well I'll post what I am doing here.
I plan on throwing some frozen biscuits in TO shortly and heating up some of that turkey 'n biscuits I made the other day with a side of prime rib bones.
I am loving that TO. That's what I cooked my lobster and cod in last night, and some more cod that I had today for lunch. It's so nice to have an accurate oven, even if it is small.

I am so glad you are loving that TO. I finally got Shrek using ours and he is eating much better when I am at work.

Back
Top Bottom