"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #8121
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
It is the last episode of each season that grabs you. It is when minor players become major ones. Each character has their own demons. Even down in the kitichen. The cliff hanger involves several players.
I should probably look up how many episodes are in a season, just so I know when I'm watching the cliff hanger.

I just finished portioning the liquids for tonight's dinner and pulling the dry ingredients out of the cupboard. I'm demi mise en place

Old 01-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #8122
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
trying to find a trauma clean up school near me .. or at least under a days drive ..
but none are really coming up .. and the ones that did do not seem to be very good ..
ugh ..
I am having a senior moment. I know I should know this, but what is a trauma clean up school? Hey I am old. I have these moments.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #8123
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I should probably look up how many episodes are in a season, just so I know when I'm watching the cliff hanger.

I just finished portioning the liquids for tonight's dinner and pulling the dry ingredients out of the cupboard. I'm demi mise en place
Oh no, don't do that. It is like looking at the last page of a book. Be surprised. Notice none of us are giving you any hints of what is to come? Can you tell I am absolutely hooked on this series? I have to get a life.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #8124
Head Chef

Quote:

I am having a senior moment. I know I should know this, but what is a trauma clean up school? Hey I am old. I have these moments.
To put it mildly... Its to get certified to clean up after people have passed away.. usually in a gruesome manner..
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #8125
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Oh no, don't do that. It is like looking at the last page of a book. Be surprised. Notice none of us are giving you any hints of what is to come? Can you tell I am absolutely hooked on this series? I have to get a life.
Yeah... but it would be kind of nice to know when I'm close to starting the next season. Then I can see if it's feasible to get caught up and watching it in real time this season.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:31 PM   #8126
Chef Extraordinaire

This morning I had to get a few things from the shops...good to be out and home again as it is hot out there already!

Now going to just relax for the rest of the day as I did not get a good sleep last night...too hot!!
Old 01-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #8127
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I just finished "de-hairing" the furniture. One of the joys of having a cat.
How long does it take you to do that Taxy?
Old 01-06-2013, 07:46 PM   #8128
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2"Q" View Post
To put it mildly... Its to get certified to clean up after people have passed away.. usually in a gruesome manner..
Ah yes. Thank you for the memory jog. My son has mentioned that on a couple of occassions. When they get a gunshot victim (or any victim of violence) in the trauma center and the victim doesn't make it, he has to call in a special team to prepare the body and any evidence that the police will need. He told me that once the time is given for time of death, they all put up their hands and back away from the victim. There is a protocol that is followed to the letter. A nurse or doctor stands by to prevent anyone from entering the bay. Each facility has their own protocol.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #8129
Chef Extraordinaire

You've got to see Sunshine Cleaners, Addie. If you like comedy/dramas.
It's about a person who finds a job as a trauma cleanup person. Amy Adams, the same actress that was in Julia & Julia.
That's actually the first time I realized that there was such a thing. I always assumed the police did the cleanup, or whoever pronounced the body dead.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:59 PM   #8130
Chef Extraordinaire

been trying to find a cleaning lady for every other week. my dear daughter offered to pay for it. hard to find someone honest . i don't speak spanish and a large number of cleaners in this area don't speak english. wish me luck.