What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi ~Cat!

I am certainly glad you are feeling better.

I'm feeling fine, still having some problems with pain. But they are helping me out with that as much as they can. And Shrek forgot my teeth...so I am fairly harmless right now. Hugs, Fiona

Hi Ogress! I'm glad you are feeling better also! He forgot your teeth? Did he go back and get them? Poor Shrek was probably very anxious to bring you home and he just overlooked this.

We're all still thinking of you very much. I hope the pain doesn't last for you long. I'm glad to see you!

With love,
~Cat

Poor Shrek is just worn out. It has been quite the day for him. I got him up at 4:30 this morning. Had to send him home because he was falling asleep. I have one more pm to send and then I'm going to go to sleep myself!

Cat, my first reaction to when I become scared or worried is to get angry. Stupid, I know. And that is what I was feeling when Lakisha sent us the news. But I am glad to hear that you are getting real rest. And it wouldn't hurt you to take in some of that soup you made for Mama. Chicken soup has a lot of medicinal qualities when you are sick. When my daughter has pneumonia, she had two lobes that had fluid in them. I made a pot of broth for her and put it in a thermos and brought it to the hospital. The nurses had her take small sips and by day three, she was able to breath without the oxygen. The doctor said that it was the soup that made her want to fight back and get better. She had no idea that I had been sitting by her bed for more than 24 hours. It was when the nurse gave her that sip of the broth, that she started to recover. She knew I was there.

My goodness, you certainly have had an eventful visit with your parents. Never a dull moment in your home. If I show up at your door someday, turn me around and send me right back home. Too much excitement there. :angel:

Last edited:
You know what to do for that. Hold a pillow against your incision when you cough. It really works. I know. I have four abdominal incisions.

Look at that folks. She is on the road to mend. Already she is complaining. :angel:

When I had my abdominal surgery, I had my husband bring in my heart pillow they gave me when I had my heart surgery. Boy, did I have everyone confused! LOL

When I had my abdominal surgery, I had my husband bring in my heart pillow they gave me when I had my heart surgery. Boy, did I have everyone confused! LOL

I did good with my heart surgery. It was my gastro surgery that I had a hard time with. I had the staples in for two weeks, and had a bar for lifting myself up to a sitting position. When Poo came in and saw it, he asked me to swing on it. He thought it was a trapeze bar. Oh it hurt so bad to laugh at that. I kept having complication after complication. Between the heart and the gastro surgery, I now have a scar the length of my whole torso. I have lost count of the number of surgeries I have had. And now I am facing gall bladder surgery. Oh well, may as well get it over with. My attitude has always been, "Okay, lets do it and get it over with so I can get back to doing what I want to do." I now consider surgery just a minor inconvenience that interrupts my day. :angel:

I bet the new one has that cheater switch in the coffee basket bottom. If it has a spring you can sneak a cup while it's brewing and the drip stops while the pot is off the burner. Himself does that with our pot, then remembers that the coffee is a wee bit stronger when he takes his first sip. :-D

Yes, it does have the "pause and serve" feature which the old one didn't have. He did it anyway, just put a large mug under the drip while he poured his cup of coffee then poured the coffee in the large mug back into the basket. I am usually up before him and most days the coffee is brewed before he gets up.

They let PF out already or did she just get her hands near a keyboard? I hope the latter.

Well, at any rate I am thankful the procedure went well. And rest well. No wheel chair races in the hallway today.

They let PF out already or did she just get her hands near a keyboard? I hope the latter.

Well, at any rate I am thankful the procedure went well. And rest well. No wheel chair races in the hallway today.

The surgery went well, but they had to do extra procedures. So she will be in for a couple of more days than she mentioned originally. So Shrek brought in her laptop. :angel:

I now consider surgery just a minor inconvenience that interrupts my day. :angel:

I never take surgery for granted. Something can go wrong in any surgery. I go into it knowing that I might not come out of it, and that's just God's plan for me. After my colostomy surgery, even the surgeon said he didn't think I'd make it. I was really a mess. I have been told that I take longer than normal to wake up after surgery. Now I tell them that beforehand so they know what to expect.

My friend's son died from surgery for a broken elbow. Look at the young girl in the news who is brain dead as a result of tonsil surgery.

Well it is sure nice to come here and see that Cat and Fiona are doing well. Keep it up ladies! :)

I am usually not up this early but had a rough night. Then I got up to see that Violet had been sick twice and was hiding under the table. Poor pup hates being sick or doing her business inside. I was taking her to the vet today anyway for a growth on her leg so at least I know I can get her in.

It wasn't too bad snow blowing this morning. It was only 6F, but it was a "dry" cold, lol. Seriously, the wind wasn;t blowing and that made it nice. And I even got to see the sun come up to semi-blue skies. Right now it is very bright outside. Sunglasses time.
I'll be taking Pierce into the vet here shortly. He has a siezure New Year's Eve. At his age it's hard to say what caused it. Siezures typically start at a younger age.
I hope the idiots aren't out driving today. I want to be the only idiot.

:flowers::flowers:Hi Princess,
Glad you are back. I know you are in a lot of pain
Hope it eases up soon. I get my stitches out tomorrow.

Love you
Josie

Thanks Josie, much better today. they took the Patient Controlled narcotics out since I wasn't using it very much. The catheter is out, yay!!!! One IV out. Not hungry, but am drinking lots of water. I am also allowed to go for walks as much as I want. I think I will get a pain pill before I wander off.

I'm glad you are getting your stitches out today! How is your hand and wrist feeling?

Love you more!
Fiona

I was thinking frozen turkey bowling.:LOL:

Shrek brought me the laptop since it wasn't going to be an overnighter. Can't wait to see him this morning.

It wasn't too bad snow blowing this morning. It was only 6F, but it was a "dry" cold, lol. Seriously, the wind wasn;t blowing and that made it nice. And I even got to see the sun come up to semi-blue skies. Right now it is very bright outside. Sunglasses time.
I'll be taking Pierce into the vet here shortly. He has a siezure New Year's Eve. At his age it's hard to say what caused it. Siezures typically start at a younger age.
I hope the idiots aren't out driving today. I want to be the only idiot.

I hope Pierce is okay! Be careful driving.

Thanks Josie, much better today. they took the Patient Controlled narcotics out since I wasn't using it very much. The catheter is out, yay!!!! One IV out. Not hungry, but am drinking lots of water. I am also allowed to go for walks as much as I want. I think I will get a pain pill before I wander off.

I'm glad you are getting your stitches out today! How is your hand and wrist feeling?

Love you more!
Fiona

OK then. No checking on other patients while you're there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom