"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #8151
Executive Chef

jeez louise! these 0 Negative folks sure seem to have a problem with accepting compliments.....

Old 01-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #8152
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
jeez louise! these 0 Negative folks sure seem to have a problem with accepting compliments.....
O. Negative.

Old 01-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #8153
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Hey, I say you are the one that deserve the cudo's! I just commented on how I understood your disappointment at not being able to give more. I am just a little old (okay in my mid 29's eh Bucky? ) Canuck who does what she can.
And as for you, Whippersnapper. Put that halo back on your head!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #8154
Certified Cake Maniac

Um, I think it is time to change the subject!

I am battling a bit of a migraine. I had a bad headache yesterday but thought it was just from being in the dentist chair so long but this is definitely a migraine. I am going to lay down with a warm cloth, turn out the lights and hope the dogs don't bark for a few hours. There is nothing I can take because all the migraine medications contain things that trigger my migraines .

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #8155
Chef Extraordinaire

doing wash, ready to bake something for my driver . got way laid going through recipes.

got cleaning ladies lined up. made more drs. appointments.taking a coffee break for slight head ache .
Old 01-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #8156
Chef Extraordinaire

I just got two emails from Netflix telling me they received my DVD's I mailed out yesterday and tomorrow I should receive the next two in my queue... the first 2/3 of Downton Abbey season 2
Old 01-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #8157
Chef Extraordinaire

I should really get off from the computor & go figure out what to make for supper & go get some exercise in today.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #8158
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
doing wash, ready to bake something for my driver . got way laid going through recipes.

got cleaning ladies lined up. made more drs. appointments.taking a coffee break for slight head ache .
Sounds like you are in better spirits. Keep it up. that is how we like to hear you.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #8159
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi guys

I have had a busy day!

This morning I was out in the front garden for about 2 hours trimming back neighbours overcrowding and overhanging plants, creepers and shrubs etc, doing a general tidy up...very satisfying once all done

I have also been out to the shops getting some bits and pieces and am now home and ready for a nice coffee, will sit out in the garden as it is such a lovely day here today
Old 01-08-2013, 10:30 PM   #8160
Chef Extraordinaire

I bit the bullet. I can't reach the back of my kitchen sink. Too short. For the past five years I have been standing on tip toe and strainiing to wipe down the backsplash. So today I got my little stool with the handle in the middle of it and started at one end of the counter and worked my way up to the other end. I didn't realize just how dirty it was until I took a look at the cloth. I now know that it is going on the do more often list.

Maintenance stopped by today and changed the light bulb and cleaned out all the crud that was in the bathroom light/exhaust fan. It had never been cleaned in more than ten years. We then took a look at my walls. The walls are in good shape. I am not one to damage property that doesn't belong to me. So no repairs are needed. But they do need to be painted. I grabbed the cleaning cloth and quickly wiped an area that was dirty. Louie was surprised at how easy the dirt came off. So it has been decided to have a company come in and wash the walls instead of painting them. To paint them would mean that I would have to spend a few nights with one of my kids. Something I am very hesitant to do. I like the comfort of my own home. For the life of me I have no idea how they are going to clean my little room. The ceiling is two stories high. They are going to need an extension ladder or some scaffolding. My next concern is the floor. I need to have the rug replaced. But with what?