"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #8181
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
What made you leave? Sounds like a great life.
My Grandmother was ill, she passed away 2 weeks after I got back to SA. I had to say goodbye. I also met my first husband not long after.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 AM   #8182
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
We just checked into a cheap dog friendly motel with beagle after 10 hours on the road, on the way to sort out Mom's life and such and get her cremated. I was able to talk DH into driving instead of just me flying then driving 2+ hours in a rental. We're a bit crispy, but just 3 hours left to get to Mom's tomorrow. Then the fun begins. Whee.
Dawg, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Dawgluver}}}}}}}}}}}}}

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:24 AM   #8183
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just cleaned up after Violet getting sick all over her bed in my craft room. She rarely does this so I am worried something is wrong. Oh how I fuss over my furbabies.

It doesn't help while cleaning up that my stomach was already a little unsettled.
It looks like it will be another night on the couch with Violet. She has not been sick again, but is also not feeling well at all. I hate seeing her like this. Only a few hours earlier she was trying to get me to play in the worst way and now she just wants to cuddle so cuddle we will. Good thing we have a roomy and comfy couch!

I will try and get her into the vet early if she isn't any better.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #8184
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
nobody i know does relaxation as good as you do, kylie--in your hands, relaxing becomes an art form in itself....:)
V, I must admit I am very much a morning person and I get soooo much done in the mornings and then in the afternoons I like to kick back and chill out I get up at 5.30am every morning too, so by late afternoon I usually tire somewhat

If I have MS jobs to do, I always make sure I complete them in the mornings too

Must have a bit of reclining in the afternoon
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #8185
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I have kinks where I didn't know I could have kinks. This couch is not big enough for the three of us...Shrek is still sacked out in his chair. I don't think the cats let me move all night. Well, I don't feel flu-ish, so off to work.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #8186
Executive Chef

Tracking the shipment of the 75" of Victorinox magnetic knife edge protectors that I ordered at a cost of 49 cents per inch.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #8187
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
V, I must admit I am very much a morning person and I get soooo much done in the mornings and then in the afternoons I like to kick back and chill out I get up at 5.30am every morning too, so by late afternoon I usually tire somewhat

If I have MS jobs to do, I always make sure I complete them in the mornings too

Must have a bit of reclining in the afternoon
maybe it is precisely because of all the hard work beforehand, that your relaxation times seem so extra delicious to us, kylie. i don't really know. but i look forward to your 'cuppas' with a smile of anticipation. i feel like there is a recliner and a fresh-brewed coffee waiting just for me, as soon as i 'finish up'....
Old 01-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #8188
Certified Cake Maniac

Well, I have two sick dogs now. We can not figure out what it could possibly be. The only thing TB has come up with is the sidewalk "salt" the complex put down yesterday because of a call for ice overnight. This stuff is supposed to be pet friendly, but we are wondering if they got it on their paws and licked it off.

I just can't afford another double vet bill but I also can't stand to see them suffer.

Joie is in the hall where he got sick propped up against the door of the guest bathroom and won't move. I can see him from my office but can't get him to come to me. We don't know if he can't walk or just doesn't want to (he can be like that). Violet is a bit better than last night but still on the couch where we slept all night. (PF, sounds like you and I had similar nights with pets on couches).

I am worried

Old 01-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #8189
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Well, I have two sick dogs now. We can not figure out what it could possibly be. The only thing TB has come up with is the sidewalk "salt" the complex put down yesterday because of a call for ice overnight. This stuff is supposed to be pet friendly, but we are wondering if they got it on their paws and licked it off.

I just can't afford another double vet bill but I also can't stand to see them suffer.

Joie is in the hall where he got sick propped up against the door of the guest bathroom and won't move. I can see him from my office but can't get him to come to me. We don't know if he can't walk or just doesn't want to (he can be like that). Violet is a bit better than last night but still on the couch where we slept all night. (PF, sounds like you and I had similar nights with pets on couches).

I am worried
Bummer. (((Hugs)))

Can you get them to drink a lot of water to dilute anything they may have ingested?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #8190
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Watching the new SVU...pretty good and then it's time for beddy-bye. Long day tomorrow. Flu going through the facility, the unit where my office is located is closed down, no admits. I just sit in my office and type...
The SVU was very good. I love the plot twists.

The flu has shut down several units in three of our main hospitals this week and DH says that it is really affecting both drivers and clients at work. I am supposed to go to a ladies' night tomorrow but it has been a busy week and I am worried about someone being sick (I will most likely pick it up) so I am not sure if I will go now. It is horrible to always have to think of these things when making plans.