What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrek is fine. I told him to not be surprised when I got tired of his hovering. The not lifting more than 10 pounds has him trying to anticipate what I am doing. I finally told him that I would ask for help with anything I didn't think I could handle.

LOL...he happily looked for a bell with me until he realized why I wanted one! No bell:(:ROFLMAO: Not too bad, so far. I tell him when he's hovering and ask for help when I need it. It's working, so far.:LOL: At least we always had the habit of him opening doors for me, so I am not finding that smothering. Now we both have a shopping cart when we shop.:ROFLMAO:
No bell? Bummer. I'll bet you could find some "interesting" noises to play on your computer. :mrgreen:

You aren't going shopping yet are you?

No bell? Bummer. I'll bet you could find some "interesting" noises to play on your computer. :mrgreen:

You aren't going shopping yet are you?

We went to Walgreen's for a prescription, which I had to show ID for and then the grocery store. Gave me a good walk.

I'll find some noisemaker to summon him...:ROFLMAO:

Hi PF, welcome back from the world down under....anesthetically speaking...:ROFLMAO:
Glad to hear everything went well.

Thanks, Rocket!

I was admiring the Robot one second and the next the doc was explaining that I'd had complications...being under is so fast, I'm fairly certain I'm happy not getting a ringside seat. Poor Shrek had to wait out for two hours for a supposed 1 hour surgery. One of the pre-op nurses came and told him 1.5 hours in that there were problems. It was a rough couple days for him.

I'm babysitting the nieces. Just got them in bed. Made up a bedtime story and had them help figure out what waa going to happen in it. We had a lot of fun. They're quiet already, which could mean they are going to go to bed well, or could mean they are being sneaky. Going to have to listen closely until they fall asleep.

I am sitting here looking at my floor. I am going to call the city first thing Monday morning and tell them to just dump a load of salt rock and sand right in the middle of my floor and get it over with for the winter season. It gets caught in the ridges of Spike and The Pirate's work boots. So of course they track it in. No, they can't be taking their boots off out in the hall. It is public area. Imagine if every apartment had a slew of foot wear out there. I used to have a small rug outside my door. But It was causing my scooter to slide every time I rode over it. So I had to remove it. Too dangerous.

Spike bought a new outfit for Teddy. He looks like a Sherpa herder. Will have to take a picture tomorrow when he comes up tomorrow. It is lined with sheep's wool and the outside is like brown suede. :angel:

Glad to have you back, Fi.

Carol, I didn't think you were making light of anything. Sorry if I came across that way.

Thanks, Pac...any day the last of the anesthesia effects should be gone...gives me an excuse in case I say something stupid. :)

Thanks, Pac...any day the last of the anesthesia effects should be gone...gives me an excuse in case I say something stupid. :)

The last time I had anesthesia I rolled right into the vicadin, so I'm not really sure when one ended and the other started :wacko:

Come to think of it, my first lap top weighed 2o or was it 25 pounds. Trekking it back and forth from work the 4 blocks to the parking ramp q/ day. Sheesh. ( I think now having one was more a status thing as if anyone even knew what was inside that black nylon case that easily resembled a shoulder bag that anyone else carried, as much as anything.) And yes, there was 90 degrees with humidity or sleet, hail icy sidewalks, wind and dead of night; or pre-dawn carrying it in reverse as a homing device in search of a hot cuppa. "Kids have it so easy today." Hand-held with pictures, ear buds, music, videos, games, snappy pics and chat; I'm still trying to locate my opposable thumbs and discover are we in sync or do I just need them to hoist up my suspenders. Do they just set their device on the edge of their desk and record today's lecture and sleep through it all. Free alarm clock App provided.

I doubt it.

I could sleep through almost anything. Except school. I liked school. Well, almost. I think my calculus textbook weighed me down more than that first laptop.

PF, this is one of my favorite web sites. Something to while your time while re-cooping or if Shrek needs an escape hatch. I sorely admit I haven't looked at it in quite awhile, there is so much that is new again.

Shorpy dot com.

He takes old photos, either his own finds or reader submitted and restores them to pristine quality. There is seldom logic one to the next. Sometimes there is a little story to go along with each. Beats Mah Jong.

The last time I had anesthesia I rolled right into the vicadin, so I'm not really sure when one ended and the other started :wacko:

I was not crazy about that floaty, fall asleep at the drop of a hat feeling. Was very happy when that ended.

I was feeling quite sick to my stomach, sweaty and shaky. I quit the pain medicine last night and just took Tylenol. Sure enough, it was the Vicodin they had me on that was making me feel sick and it really was not working on the pain. The doc ordered me Dilaudid for break through pain. A half tab works fine for me and no nausea, etc! Best of all I can think when I have it on board.

Next time I go to the hospital for anything, I'm taking my own tylenol and Ibuprofen...it took me 1.5 hours to get Ibuprofen. Had to aks the doc for it, then send it through the pharmacy, then wait for it to show up on the computer records. That's silly for an "over the counter" medication.

PF, this is one of my favorite web sites. Something to while your time while re-cooping or if Shrek needs an escape hatch. I sorely admit I haven't looked at it in quite awhile, there is so much that is new again.

Shorpy dot com.

He takes old photos, either his own finds or reader submitted and restores them to pristine quality. There is seldom logic one to the next. Sometimes there is a little story to go along with each. Beats Mah Jong.

Thanks for this, I know two fellas who will enjoy that, as will I.:)

PF, glad to see you've bounced back well. Let Shreck help you. It helps him cope.

Thanks, Andy! I will and I appreciate his help. Shrek's doing better now that I am home. I think it's about time for a nap again, or maybe I should just go to bed for the night. Might take me a couple of days to get back on a regular sleep schedule. I know I need to rest to heal.

The doc ordered me Dilaudid for break through pain. A half tab works fine for me and no nausea, etc! Best of all I can think when I have it on board.

When I had my right knee replaced 14 months ago the doc prescribed Dilaudid, too. Mostly because, as it turned out, I was allergic to most of the commonly prescribed pain meds. It did NOTHING. I may as well have been taking water. I ended up just putting up with the pain. I don't know what will have to be done if I have a situation where pain will be a major factor.

When I had my right knee replaced 14 months ago the doc prescribed Dilaudid, too. Mostly because, as it turned out, I was allergic to most of the commonly prescribed pain meds. It did NOTHING. I may as well have been taking water. I ended up just putting up with the pain. I don't know what will have to be done if I have a situation where pain will be a major factor.

They can do a nerve block that lasts for a while, trouble is that makes it completely numb. Methadone sometimes works for people who can't take narcotics. I'll look into it, Katie.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom