What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very windy here tonight too! and I'm nowhere near California - rather cold, spooky, dark.... in a Canadian white winter.

Such a change from my 2 weeks in Mexico!

if I ever again go travelling to someplace warm in winter, I intend to come home closer to warm spring, never would advise anyone to return in January!

Very windy here tonight too! and I'm nowhere near California - rather cold, spooky, dark.... in a Canadian white winter.

Such a change from my 2 weeks in Mexico!

if I ever again go travelling to someplace warm in winter, I intend to come home closer to warm spring, never would advise anyone to return in January!
How many hours in the day is it dark there?

Windy here too. From the weather network: "Summary
Strong southwesterly winds up to 90 km/h will occur over these regions tonight and tomorrow morning."

30 ish and a few flakes in the air.

I am with Simon and Addie!

My whole life I have needed to have an hour of peace and quiet, for me, before I can deal with the rest of humanity. Over the years it has not gone well for those who failed to understand that! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

There was a story in the Reader's Digest a number of years ago.

A mother's favorite saying was, "If I could only have a minute of peace and quiet." She had a passel of children and there was always noise in the home. So one night at six sharp, the whole house went absolutely quiet. For one whole minute. What a great bunch of kids. And what a great present. Now if they could only give her that one hour. But I am sure it came as each child left home. :)

as for " how many hours of darkness?..."

Today sunrise is 7:28AM; sunset 17:06PM = 8 and 1/2 hours of daylight; 15 and 1/2 hours darkness.

No wonder so many northerners suffer winter depression!

and for Addie and Aunt Bea...here was my solution:

I began meditating when my kids were 6,8 and 9. They were told not to disturb Mom for 20 minutes, even if the phone rang. They were to answer it and say "Mom is busy and can't be disturbed until....(time)."

They were very very diligent in keeping this, for 2 years. We had all attended a course by the TM (Transcendental Meditation) people who were active in our city that year, so they kind of respected that this was a new process Mom wanted to try.

I found a LOT of peace, became more patient and kinder with those simple 20 minutes per day. That was 25 years ago. I've since switched to different type of daily meditation practice, and still find peace, daily.

To the TM people, I paid for and was given a 'mantra' (nonsense syllables)....and it kept my mind focused, do I could shush away each thought as it arose.

The mantra can be as simple as "Not Now".....or even "Later".... ....something which works for the individual.

as for " how many hours of darkness?..."

Today sunrise is 7:28AM; sunset 17:06PM = 8 and 1/2 hours of daylight; 15 and 1/2 hours darkness.

No wonder so many northerners suffer winter depression!

You got that right. June 21st, hurry and get here. :wacko:

So what am I doing now? Sitting here and thinking Bostonians are a bunch of nuts. The Pats are throwing a send off party for the fans at the Stadium. At six o'clock this morning, the parking lot was almost full. Fans had already started to have a breakfast tailgate. And at this time of year, it wasnt exactly warm out there in an open parking lot.

Now I am a fan just as much as my next door neighbor. But I am not goiing to die because I can't go to the Superbowl. In fact I probably won't even watch the whole game. I will just switch back and forth to see what the score is. I am not even attending a Superbowl party. This not our first trip to the SB. And more than likely, as long as we have Bill for a coach, it won't be our last. The Garden where the Celtics and Bruins play, have many banners up in the rafters. There are banners up at Fenway Park for their wins in the World Series. I didn't swoon when they each won their championships. And I won't if the Pats win the SB. Again! :ohmy:

Waiting for oldest granddaughter to come and get my grandson and take him to lunch. I think while they are gone I will watch a Netflix DVD called Father Brown Mystery.

I got the best laugh. Told the girls in the restaurant about the "male strippers" and they thought it was great. Once the guys were all there they announced overhead about the retirement party for the male strippers. And the girls kept coming over to talk to the guys about being (wax) strippers...we had a good time! One of the girls's husband is on the floor crew in the restaurant, she's excited about telling him he is a male stripper working at Hooters.:ROFLMAO:
Nowhere near as funny and not "risque" at all, but I was dating this guy in University whose job was loading delivery trucks for the Bay (Hudson Bay Company) store. On Saturdays I used to make a lunch for us and we would sit in the loading docks. I loved it when people would ask what I was doing that day. I would say I was "sitting on the dock of the Bay". :rolleyes:

Nowhere near as funny and not "risque" at all, but I was dating this guy in University whose job was loading delivery trucks for the Bay (Hudson Bay Company) store. On Saturdays I used to make a lunch for us and we would sit in the loading docks. I loved it when people would ask what I was doing that day. I would say I was "sitting on the dock of the Bay". :rolleyes:

:LOL:

30 ish and a few flakes in the air.

I am with Simon and Addie!

My whole life I have needed to have an hour of peace and quiet, for me, before I can deal with the rest of humanity. Over the years it has not gone well for those who failed to understand that! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

See, I'm not the only one that needs that time in the morning.:wacko:

Perfect!:LOL:

I am sitting here drinking coffee and writing the check for the rent!

Every time I write it I think of Snidely Whiplash!

Snidely Whiplash "You must pay the rent!"
Aunt Bea"but, I can't pay the rent"

Where the heck is Dudley Do-Right when you need him?

Just finished the last touches on the Pork Rib Soup and I'm making my first cup of coffee for the day. One of those big houseflies got in. It looks like the Mac Truck of flys, buzzing around and making me crazy. Can't seem to hit it with the swatter.

Back
Top Bottom