What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am sitting in the dark on the front porch in Key West. The smell of frangipani and night-blooming jasmine is intoxicating. I can hear jazz from the club around the corner but can also hear crickets, the neighborhood cats keep coming to visit me and the breeze is just strong enough to hear the palm fronds rattling. It's an amazing evening.

I am soooo jealous!!! :glare: I wish so much to be there instead of freezing my keister off here in South Dakota! :wacko:

PF, I agree with taking your own Tylenol to the hospital. Sometimes that works fine for me and I don't need those prescription pain meds.

The hospital always puts me on a salt free diet. I take my own salt. I don't use much salt, but I cannot eat eggs without salt, so I am only getting maybe 15 grains of salt per day. I don't use it on anything else.

I do the same thing. And I take it also to Winthrop with me if I am going to be eating lunch there. I also bring my own supply of sugar. Decaffeinated coffee with artificial sweetener just doesn't cut it for me.

I made a beef stew today. For the salt, all I used was what the Better Than Bullion provided. I am sure a lot of folks would have said it needed salt, but not for me. :angel:

Hi, Hi!! I am home. Had a nap and feel pretty good. It was nice to nap in my bed!
I agree. I spent the last two weeks sleeping on an air mattress at our daughter's. Technically, it was two mattresses. She had borrowed a second one from a coworker and she stacked them. This made it a bit more like a bed so that I wasn't so close to the floor when I had to get up. Worked good enough, but I was overjoyed to see my little futon when we got in this morning. The air mattresses sure let you sink down into them - that is, if you don't have it so inflated as to bounce off if you sneeze! Someone might think my futon mattress is one step softer than a prison cot but it works for my back and prevents leg cramps. :)

...And I ran into a buddy and got the local weather report, lol.
Turns out the city we are associated with by proximity, Erie, is leading the nation in cities with the most snowfall this winter. And of course my town gets more snow than Erie's airport, where they measure at. We're beating cities in Alaska even.
Interesting. I thought we had a lot. Over 6 ft so far.
And it's only January 6th. :ermm: :ohmy:

Looks like you're in the Chardon of northwestern PA! Cleveland averages about 62 inches of snow a year. Where we used to live gets about 40% more - around 85 inches. Then there is Chardon, way east of Cleveland, that regularly gets double measure of Cleveland snow. No thanks!

Going to bed for the fourth time today. I hope to sleep longer than 5 hours tonight. Heck, it might take me the whole month to get my sleep schedule back on track.

Just finished up a bag of Stacy's cinnamon-sugar pita chips. Problem was, it was 4x1 serving size left in the bag. :pig:

Going to spend the next hour dozing through Castle with my kitty snuggled on my lap. If she's willing to leave Himself, that is! Then off to bed. I hope.

I've still been sleeping but not so much now. I will lose Papa in six hours when he boards his flight. I spent all day with him and I'm just not ready to let him go.

I am in a very unhappy mood right now, but I do hope all of you are happy and getting better. I haven't forgotten any of you. Please forgive me.

With love,
~Cat

Packing? I didn't even know you went anywhere :LOL:
I must have missed when you were packing the first time.

Sheesh! You guys didn't even notice I was gone! :LOL:

Strangely enough, Mexico has internet and I could lurk...

Hope you weren't crying when you got off the plane. Wouldn't want your face to freeze like that, would you? :ermm:

:LOL: Naw, just the drag marks froze. Dang, it's cold! Bless the jeep, it protested a bit, but it started, and got us home! Get to pick up Beagle from the boarder tomorrow!

Pac, all my life we have heard about how much snow Erie gets compared to Pittsburgh. We always hated to see our snow coming from the north because we knew it was going to be big!

And it's only January 6th. :ermm: :ohmy:

Looks like you're in the Chardon of northwestern PA! Cleveland averages about 62 inches of snow a year. Where we used to live gets about 40% more - around 85 inches. Then there is Chardon, way east of Cleveland, that regularly gets double measure of Cleveland snow. No thanks!

Yes, not the news you want to be known for, but it's not like we are known for our sunny days and white beaches :LOL:
They changed our weather forcast overnight. Instead of getting a foot by tomorrow we are supposed to get two by Wednesday.

They changed our too, Pac. Instead of 2-4 inches we are only getting one, and I think we got it already. The freezing cold temps are still coming, though.

I just made a Roux !

I thought I didn't know how. Plus I don't like Lumpy gravy. I preferred making a slurry when putting together gravy or sauce.

I just made biscuits and gravy. Made a roux for the gravy. Come to figure out, that's what I've been doing for years and it always comes out good. The gravy is the color of a suntan on a sandy beach. Visualize it.

Writing a shopping list, make phone calls for appointments, calling about meds...as I can't drive for two weeks, talking Shrek into taking me shopping.

mmm, gravy...
I just put copious amounts of sliced ham and American cheese on two hard rolls, wrapped them up in foil and put them in the toaster oven.

Writing a shopping list, make phone calls for appointments, calling about meds...as I can't drive for two weeks, talking Shrek into taking me shopping.

oh no! i can just see it now, pf terrorizing the shoppers, zooming around in her motorized shopping cart, plowing into wine displays, scattering people at the salad bar....:ohmy:

oh no! i can just see it now, pf terrorizing the shoppers, zooming around in her motorized shopping cart, plowing into wine displays, scattering people at the salad bar....:ohmy:

LOL! I'm just walking in the store. Shrek needs a cart to walk, I think I could use one too...both of us with a cart, now that could be expensive.:LOL:

Even though it's sunny, it's not a fit day to be outside so I'm going to take today to remove and pack away the inside Christmas decorations. Today's the final day anyway. We keep ours up until January 6, so today's the day.

Going through vacation withdrawal, doing an entire mountain of laundry, and trying to stay warm!

Back
Top Bottom