What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been up most of the night with flu symptoms and didn't want to go to bed because TB has his flu shot today and can't show any symptoms. I did get some rest on my recliner, but was looking forward to curling up in the bed with the electric blanket on when he got up for work.

Alas, I just couldn't settle and am up once again. This could be a long day. I need to be healthy for Monday as I have my appointment with the surgeon.

I will see if I can get some tea and toast down then try bed again.

I have been up most of the night with flu symptoms and didn't want to go to bed because TB has his flu shot today and can't show any symptoms. I did get some rest on my recliner, but was looking forward to curling up in the bed with the electric blanket on when he got up for work.

Alas, I just couldn't settle and am up once again. This could be a long day. I need to be healthy for Monday as I have my appointment with the surgeon.

I will see if I can get some tea and toast down then try bed again.

Sorry to say, but if you are getting the flu, you are not going to be healthy by Monday. Even if it's just a cold, it will linger. You may still be able to go for your appointment, but I doubt if they will schedule surgery until you are better. I know that's not what you want to hear. I could be wrong, but that's just my own experience.

Sorry to say, but if you are getting the flu, you are not going to be healthy by Monday. Even if it's just a cold, it will linger. You may still be able to go for your appointment, but I doubt if they will schedule surgery until you are better. I know that's not what you want to hear. I could be wrong, but that's just my own experience.
No, Carol, you are absolutely right. I've just been hoping the symptoms are something else and not the flu. I've had a lot of nausea, etc. With the gallbladder and while I am following the diet fairly well I am getting a bit of pain back so hopefully these other symptom are that and not the flu.

I am just treating it like the flu in case.

No, every time I get one it makes me more sick than if I don't. I stay in a lot so unless TB brings it home I am fairly safe. He has to have the shot because of his work. I do get a pneumonia shot every three years though.

we got the shot at work, too...

but I would you react with sickness, I wouldn't do it either, we are free to do it, but as there is a chance for us to get into contact with avian influenza, I do it.
No cross-mutation from me, please..

Cooking up a big pot of Sunday Ragu with meatballs and sausages to be added later. That's dinner for tonight's houseful of family. SO took today off and has been a big help.

I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1996 and have never had the flu. The shot contains a dead virus, so you can't get the flu from the shot. However, the shot can't protect against all varieties of the flu, so it's possible to get flu from another source.

I've gotten the flu shot every year since 1996 and have never had the flu. The shot contains a dead virus, so you can't get the flu from the shot. However, the shot can't protect against all varieties of the flu, so it's possible to get flu from another source.
I am sensitive to formaldehyde. The vaccine can contain that. I've had an annual flu shot since 2003. I react the next day and feel like crap (achy, tired, touch sensitive)--I blame it on what else is in the vaccine because I am very drug and chemical sensitive. I also have fibromyalgia. I haven't had the flu since getting the vaccine, but I have experienced a "crappy" day or two following getting the vaccine where I've felt as if I have had the flu, but that is how I feel when the fibromyalgia flares up.

Fender lines and wax? Surely you can think of something better to buy :LOL:
That sounds as bad as me going to a gun show a few weeks ago and leaving with some parts cleaning brushes and a tin Mustang car sign :wacko:

I just finished replacing a dead bolt lock. It had broken and would not turn anymore... locked of course :rolleyes: I had to cut out the old one and get the new one keyed to match the others. At least it had stopped raining while I worked on it.

I too got the pneumonia shot because of my mom's compromised AI system--my dr. told me every 10 years. Curious why your doc does it every 3?

I think there are different types of pneumonia shots depending on your age. I should get one but I am leery of shots. I heard that over 65 you only have to get the shot once. I have had the flu once in my life, when I was a kid. I get very bad colds, but they are not the flu...no achy feeling and no fever. When I was working and they gave us a free flu shot I got it, but have not had it since retiring. A friend of my husband's developed Gillian Barre Syndrome from the flu shot a few years ago and he is is very bad shape. I will take my chances.

Here is a site I found regarding Pneumonia Shots.

Pneumonia Shot - Who Needs a Pneumonia Shot

I wanted something different for snacks. So I asked Spike to pick me up some frozen egg rolls. Big Mistake! They taste gross! Mostly carrots. Now I like carrots. But not as the main filler in egg rolls. I should have specified that I wanted meat based ones. Knowing Spike, he got the least expensive ones. I ate one. Tried a second one. Couldn't even finish one half. And they are tiny. They are getting tossed out. To heck with the cost. Lesson learned. I think I will shred my head of cabbage and make me some cole slaw. I wonder if I could use the filling of the egg rolls in the cole slaw? Will give it a try on a small amount of the cabbage. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom