What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got my new house keys fixed today. I parked the car and nearly fell on my bum when I got out. It was ridiculously slippery. The streets were fine, the sidewalks were okay. It's parking lots and the area between the sidewalk and the road that's slippery. And, it will get worse before it gets better. We had freezing rain and it's still raining.

Don't they salt and sand the parking lots and walking areas? But then this is elderly housing so they more or less have to. :angel:

My doctor told me every ten years also. And I am not sure what the shot was for avoiding the shingles. I never had the Chicken Pox. I told the doctor and he ordered a shot for me right then. I never get the flu shot and I never get the flu. :angel:

At this stage in the game you do not want Chicken Pox or Shingles. I have had both, I do NOT want the Shingles again. The "ten" on my 1-10 pain scale is remembering the shingles...

I've never developed an immunity to Chickenpox...I've had them several times, not fun.

I got my new house keys fixed today. I parked the car and nearly fell on my bum when I got out. It was ridiculously slippery. The streets were fine, the sidewalks were okay. It's parking lots and the area between the sidewalk and the road that's slippery. And, it will get worse before it gets better. We had freezing rain and it's still raining.
We saw on the news last night that some places in both Canada ands the US are using beet juice on the roads instead of salt or chemicals. They say it is very effective, environmentally safe and economical. Only side effect is a very ugly slush!

We saw on the news last night that some places in both Canada ands the US are using beet juice on the roads instead of salt or chemicals. They say it is very effective, environmentally safe and economical. Only side effect is a very ugly slush!

In my area they are trying to stay away from molasses and beet juice because the deer like it even better than they like the salt. While the poor deer are having a snack in the middle of the road at night people run into them. Nothing is easy anymore!

I think I read that they are testing in Greater Montreal. I don't think it is just plain beet juice. I think they do stuff to it.

Don't they salt and sand the parking lots and walking areas? But then this is elderly housing so they more or less have to. :angel:
It depends on whose parking lot it is. This was a city parking area next to the street. They have been really busy just keeping up with the streets and sidewalks.

I was walking like an old lady. Yeah, I know, I am an old lady, but I don't usually walk like one. I was just sliding my feet along in itty bitty steps.

We sent off our granddaughter and her boyfriend back to his folks in CT this morning. SO and her sister are off shopping and I just finished the last of the hand washed pots and pans from yesterday's dinner. Now I'm boiling one of the burner flame spreaders because SO spilled sauce on it and it wouldn't light this morning. Hopefully, that does the trick.

I guess I should clean the stove too...

My burner that wouldn't light finally started working on it's own again. Prior to that I was using a grill lighter to ignite the gas.

Too bad about the oven glass. That's the first I've heard of something like that happening.

Beet juice... that's just crazy. It's bad enough keeping your windows clean when the roads get a little wet and you're following someone, not you've got to deal with red beet juice on your car? Yuk.

While chronic pain never goes away, there are days where you have it so well managed that you are pain free and can function basically normal.

This is one of those days for me. And while I know better than to overdue it, I am making good use of my time. I have a pot of rague simmering, butternut squash soup cooling and used the meat slicer on a pork roast to make sandwich meat packs for the freezer

Now I am relaxing here at DC and going over a talk I will be giving in two weeks. While it is about my own experience with depression, I'm researching some of my facts.

Now that is a good day.

My burner that wouldn't light finally started working on it's own again. Prior to that I was using a grill lighter to ignite the gas.

Too bad about the oven glass. That's the first I've heard of something like that happening.

I've had this stove for 14 years and over time, the flame spreaders were producing uneven flames so I bought four new ones. This time the boiling did the trick.

I've had this stove for 14 years and over time, the flame spreaders were producing uneven flames so I bought four new ones. This time the boiling did the trick.

I could've sworn you had a glass flat top stove.
I'll have to remember the boiling method for cleaning the spreaders. I'm sure mine could use it... but then I'd have to clean the whole thing :rolleyes:

Thinking about what I am going to do with these. They were a gift from
our neighbors :)
ImageUploadedByDiscuss Cooking1389486010.028193.jpg
Any ideas?

At this stage in the game you do not want Chicken Pox or Shingles. I have had both, I do NOT want the Shingles again. The "ten" on my 1-10 pain scale is remembering the shingles...

I've never developed an immunity to Chickenpox...I've had them several times, not fun.

Every one of my kids had them twice. The first time for them they were mild. The second time was severe. The Pirate had them the second time when he was fourteen. He was so sick, I had to bring him to the ER. He got them from Poo who was having his bout the second time. When I tell folks my kids had them twice, they don't believe me. It does happen folks. They can get childhood diseases more than once.

They also had the measles. It was during a severe measles epidemic. Spike's heart was severely damaged. The whole bottom of his heart is dead. It is the reason he has had eight heart attacks.

My daughter lost her sight for four months from the measles. My youngest daughter had her kidneys damaged to the point that I was told someday she will need a transplant. And people wonder why I get so upset when they say they don't believe in immunizations for small children. The Pirate is the only one who wasn't damaged by them. :angel:

I am cooking. The potatoes are on the grill, the salad made, the B sprouts have flame under them, the steak is room temp.
The beer is cold, the football good (can you believe that onside kick?) and life is good.

Fender lines and wax? Surely you can think of something better to buy :LOL:
That sounds as bad as me going to a gun show a few weeks ago and leaving with some parts cleaning brushes and a tin Mustang car sign :wacko:

I just finished replacing a dead bolt lock. It had broken and would not turn anymore... locked of course :rolleyes: I had to cut out the old one and get the new one keyed to match the others. At least it had stopped raining while I worked on it.

LOL....I got my new fender lines and a deal on a new rotary buffer with my wax purchase. And Mrs D got a new PFD that auto inflates when you hit the water. And I got a great deal on synthetic oil for the transmissions. What a great day. And the bonus...we thought the cleaners were spiffing up a 53 ft Regal that we were waiting to have a look at and as it turns out...they were the new owners....,for a cool price of
850K. Jeez

Back
Top Bottom