"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #8361
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Just got off the phone with the cardiologist's office. I am well enough that the procedure is a go! And the chance that it might not happen prompted me to talk to TB and our pastor about my fears surrounding it all and now I feel a real peace about it. The chance that anything will go wrong, or that they will find something wrong is slim, but it is good to have it looked at with my personal health history and my family heart history.

Thanks everyone for your support! I go in Friday am and will be home sometime in the late afternoon or early evening.

And Joie is doing much better too. He has figured out how to eat all the wet food "meatball" while missing the microscopic piece of pill inside it so I KNOW he is his old mischievous self. Now to find another receptacle for the meds! He isn't allowed many treats as he has pacreatitis and we are still waiting for whatever he ate to pass so I am limited in options. But I am not worried.
Remember, I was having a heart attack while they did my angio and I was out of the hospital and grocery shopping 7 hours later. You will do fine, make sure you tease the techs.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #8362
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Great news, LP and Addie!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #8363
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Remember, I was having a heart attack while they did my angio and I was out of the hospital and grocery shopping 7 hours later. You will do fine, make sure you tease the techs.
I have had so many angios, that I am on first name basis with the doctor and the rest of the staff. Pretty soon we will be meeting socially.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #8364
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Just finished making 10 gallons of homemade liquid laundry detergent. I've made it so many times that I've streamlined the process so that it takes me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. All those gallon bottles of detergent look really nice on the shelf and my hands are so clean and soft I can hardly stand them.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:08 PM   #8365
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have had so many angios, that I am on first name basis with the doctor and the rest of the staff. Pretty soon we will be meeting socially.
I am now feeling totally good about the whole thing - not nervous, not worrying that what happened to my Mom will happen to me. I just want to get it over with so I can prove to them there is nothing wrong with my heart and get on with things

Princess, I may not go grocery shopping (it's all done), but I will be looking forward to the slow braised pork dish waiting in the crockpot that I have wanted to cook for a week! I have to be up early in the morning to drink water, shower, etc., so I will prep it tonight, finish it in the morning, turn it on and by the time we are home and ready to eat it will be YUM!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM   #8366
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Just finished making 10 gallons of homemade liquid laundry detergent. I've made it so many times that I've streamlined the process so that it takes me less than 20 minutes from start to finish. All those gallon bottles of detergent look really nice on the shelf and my hands are so clean and soft I can hardly stand them.
Katie, is the recipe available on DC? Sounds interesting to me. I hate buying detergent.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:30 PM   #8367
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning

Wow, what a hot night it was...when we went to bed it was still 36c

We set the air con to go off at 3am this morning, so we sleep pretty well, but it is so hot in here now, so air con is back on to cool the house down...roll on Autumn I say

This morning I am heading out to look for a new quilt cover...I am going to get a nice white one...all white and cotton of course

Then a big of a look around the shops!
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #8368
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
I am now feeling totally good about the whole thing - not nervous, not worrying that what happened to my Mom will happen to me. I just want to get it over with so I can prove to them there is nothing wrong with my heart and get on with things

Princess, I may not go grocery shopping (it's all done), but I will be looking forward to the slow braised pork dish waiting in the crockpot that I have wanted to cook for a week! I have to be up early in the morning to drink water, shower, etc., so I will prep it tonight, finish it in the morning, turn it on and by the time we are home and ready to eat it will be YUM!
LP, the hardest part of the whole procedure is for you to lie still for a few hours after. A good time to schedule a nap. You won't even know what they are doing. They will start with an IV, then give you something to relax you. When they are ready to start, they will put you to sleep. When they are done, they will reverse the medication and you will wake up in bed. It is one of the simplest procedures you could ever have done. One time when I was scheduled for a cath procedure, I even took the elevator and walked up to the cath lab. They did have to lower the table so I could get up on it instead of them transferring me from the guerney to the table.

Good luck and make sure you let us know how it went after you have the braised pork rroast. YUM!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #8369
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Only went grocery shopping because Shrek was hungry and I didn't want to sit in the car.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #8370
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm tired more mentally than physically. Spent the whole day up at the hospital. Just took a long hot shower, relaxing in my recliner before shortly going to bed.