What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gee, I had beg for an abdominal binder after my surgery. Makes it so much easier to turn in bed and climb stairs.

Oh, okay, so it is a good thing. Then I will take it! I definitely need help turning in bed without surgery! Thanks, PF for setting me straight on that one!

Oh, okay, so it is a good thing. Then I will take it! I definitely need help turning in bed without surgery! Thanks, PF for setting me straight on that one!

It absolutely made the difference between being hauled out of bed by Shrek on his time or getting in and out on mine. You just have an arrogant surgeon to put it in his interest instead of yours about your surgery.

The binder also helped when coughing and/or laughing.

It absolutely made the difference between being hauled out of bed by Shrek on his time or getting in and out on mine. You just have an arrogant surgeon to put it in his interest instead of yours about your surgery.

I do a lot of both! :)

I should be in bed sleeping, but I'm wide awake :mad:

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I have to wait to watch Blacklist - TB gave up on it after the second episode because it was too gross....and now it is worse? :ROFLMAO: I can take it!

I saw the surgeon and the gallbladder is definitely coming out. I have to phone in the morning for my surgery date. In the meantime I have to really watch my diet. I ate a bit of wrong stuff and the pain got worse. He said that it is bad enough, he doesn't want the stones (yes there are stones, not just sludge as the ER doc told me) moving out.

The surgeon is nice enough, but kind of ticked me off because he focused on the fact I am overweight and he wants me to be careful after not to rip his stitches out. I said I don't move fast at the best of times and he told me he could prescribe a surgical girdle for afterwords. No thanks, I know how to be careful and I am not THAT overweight in my belly area.

Oh dear! I'll be thinking of you, Laurie. I hope you'll be out of this pain very soon!

With love,
~Cat

I'm glad it's helping you, Ogress. Take care of yourself!

With love,
~Cat

Oh dear! I'll be thinking of you, Laurie. I hope you'll be out of this pain very soon!

With love,
~Cat
I will be Cat, thanks. It is a very easy surgery and I get to go home the same day. Most people I have talked to have been pain free after the surgery heals.

I finally found out what the incident was on the autoroute, the one that had them close part of the highway.

A chunk of concrete fell off an overpass. It hit one car, and the debris caused a number of flat tires. Luckily, no one was injured. That's scary.

20140113_voiturebloc-1389654673.jpg

I should be in bed sleeping, but I'm wide awake :mad:

Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

I'm awake too. I went back to school, and found out my remedial English professor said I didn't need her class any more! She said I'd made much improvement but she also said if I had any questions or needed help, her door was open and she would give me all the help I needed!

So I only have two classes this time. I can't take on a full load of classes for I have to attend to DA, but the University allows people like me to do this.

I fall under the category of those such as single mothers where we can only have a certain time for classes when there are responsibilities elsewhere.

Mamma bought me so very many nice clothes for school! One is my favorite: it's a below-the-knee black heavy wool coat I can wear with my good clothes! It has a nice lining and it's so warm! Laki knitted me a beautiful dark purple scarf with fringe at both ends for Christmas and a matching hat. These look so very nice with my new coat!

I came here with a heavy black wool long cape with a hood, which I also love. Last winter, people looked at me oddly and asked where I got it. A few people liked it, but most did not and said so. I'll take turns wearing both so as to drive those who find fault with me nuts.

I received many compliments on my ring, and Carl is proud. It's very nice to have such a good boyfriend!

I've finished my journal entry, wrote a letter to Papa, and completed my homework. Tomorrow I don't have class, but I do on Wednesday.

It's back to normal now, except for Mamma still being here, and I'm so very grateful I'll have more time with her!

With love,
~Cat

I finally found out what the incident was on the autoroute, the one that had them close part of the highway.

A chunk of concrete fell off an overpass. It hit one car, and the debris caused a number of flat tires. Luckily, no one was injured. That's scary.

20140113_voiturebloc-1389654673.jpg

Oh no!! That is awful! I'm so glad no one was hurt! That overpass needs to be closed down and inspected and repaired quickly!

With love,
~Cat

Oh no!! That is awful! I'm so glad no one was hurt! That overpass needs to be closed down and inspected and repaired quickly!

With love,
~Cat
Oh, it is closed. They are closing the highway again tonight to inspect it. They think it just some of the cosmetic concrete. We'll know more, when the engineers give their report. They are being careful ever since an overpass collapsed and killed five people in 2006 in Laval, just north of Montreal.

Oh, it is closed. They are closing the highway again tonight to inspect it. They think it just some of the cosmetic concrete. We'll know more, when the engineers give their report. They are being careful ever since an overpass collapsed and killed five people in 2006 in Laval, just north of Montreal.

Please be careful! Can you get to your destination in a different route?

With love,
~Cat

I will be Cat, thanks. It is a very easy surgery and I get to go home the same day. Most people I have talked to have been pain free after the surgery heals.
My SIL had the surgery a few years back. Had it early in the week; by Friday night the four of us went out to a restaurant to eat because she was getting cabin fever! She (along with most people I know who have had their's out) has to watch her fat intake. French Fries will send her running to the bathroom! At least she's pain free. :)

I'm awake too. I went back to school, and found out my remedial English professor said I didn't need her class any more! She said I'd made much improvement but she also said if I had any questions or needed help, her door was open and she would give me all the help I needed!...
Congratulations Cat. She now knows what many of us here at DC have probably noticed over the months you've been posting. Your English is getting better every day. Good work!

Congratulations Cat. She now knows what many of us here at DC have probably noticed over the months you've been posting. Your English is getting better every day. Good work!

But it was all of you who have helped me so very much here! I could see how you all spoke, as in typing, many of you corrected me in the private messages, and seeing the corrections and reading this, I was able to do better and to learn. I now "hear" your way of speaking in my head. Oh, that didn't sound right.

I "hear" the right way to speak by reading better and understanding how this language is spoken. I don't know if I'm making sense.

Before I bury myself into further confusion for you all, thank you for helping me so much. I appreciate all of you so very, very much.

You all are a big part of making this possible, and I thank you.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of a Romanian accent? I don't type with a Romanian accent, and I'm sure all of you are glad for that!:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

I am continuing to work on finding a place for a weekend long family re union for my family this summer. It has had it's challenges. Trying to find a place, in July, to sleep 40 people that is affordable. The whole thing is giving me a headache.

How did you get stuck with this chore? :angel:

But it was all of you who have helped me so very much here! I could see how you all spoke, as in typing, many of you corrected me in the private messages, and seeing the corrections and reading this, I was able to do better and to learn. I now "hear" your way of speaking in my head. Oh, that didn't sound right.

I "hear" the right way to speak by reading better and understanding how this language is spoken. I don't know if I'm making sense.

Before I bury myself into further confusion for you all, thank you for helping me so much. I appreciate all of you so very, very much.

You all are a big part of making this possible, and I thank you.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of a Romanian accent? I don't type with a Romanian accent, and I'm sure all of you are glad for that!:LOL:

With love,
~Cat

Cat, see if your school has a class for elocution lessons. It is a class that a lot of actors take that have a deep regional accent. Being from Boston, I would definitely be a candidate for it. The second I open my mouth, you know right away where I come from. Or someone from Texas or Oklahoma. The class will teach you how to speak without any accent of any region in the U.S. It is a non-accent. It will also teach you the correct pronouncement of words. Such as the difference between Mary, merry, and marry. Oil is another word that those in the south have a great deal of difficulty with. New Englanders have a difficult time trying to understand what they are saying. I am sure bakechef grew up hearing the word "eryuh'. A non word peculiar to Maine. It means 'yes'.

To get rid of an accent, you first have to understand how you speak. Bostonians use their hard palate. Southerners use their soft palate and words come from deep in their throat. It is why they can yodel and Bostonians have a difficult time learning to do that. If I try to do a southern accent, I can feel the muscles in the bottom of my throat pulling. It is not natural for me to use them in my daily speech.

Something you can do on your own is to buy some books on tape for the blind and try to emulate what the person is saying. They are often done by an actor who has no accent. Repeat what they are saying. It wouldn't hurt to get a book that you wanted to read also. Make the job more enjoyable. :angel:

Came across a site that has some nifty ideas. Great for gift giving any time of the year.

50 Creative Uses for Mason Jars

There is one there for a small sewing kit that would make a perfect Christmas gift of a teacher. Ideal for packing in your suitcase to take on vacation also. Take a looksee.

I need a life. Or some sleep at four in the morning. :angel:

Just wanted to stop in and tell you all that I got my surgery date - Feb 4th first thing in the morning. It is three weeks away, but that will give me time to stay on the no-fat diet and lose some weight to make my surgeon happy.

I can manage that long - I have just basically lumped the pain in with my chronic pain and can manage it that way without having to take extra medication. But I will be very glad when it is gone.

Thanks everyone for your concern and encouragement

Back
Top Bottom