What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just wanted to stop in and tell you all that I got my surgery date - Feb 4th first thing in the morning. It is three weeks away, but that will give me time to stay on the no-fat diet and lose some weight to make my surgeon happy.

I can manage that long - I have just basically lumped the pain in with my chronic pain and can manage it that way without having to take extra medication. But I will be very glad when it is gone.

Thanks everyone for your concern and encouragement

I'll always be thinking of you and especially on the 4th. Take care of yourself!

With love,
~Cat

Just wanted to stop in and tell you all that I got my surgery date - Feb 4th first thing in the morning. It is three weeks away...
Just think of how many prayers we can send up in that three week period. Win! :) I'll also ask my MIL if she has any special "in" since she was our first angel parent (Himself's parents deaths bracketed the deaths of both of my folks, and we considered each a special angel in our life after they passed) AND Feb. is her earthly birth day. I sure hope this takes care of the problem for you for good.

On the way home there was some sort of incident on the autoroute. We all had to get off the highway. There was a huge traffic jam before we got off. It took me almost an hour longer to get home than it normally would outside of rush hour. Instead of ~9 km of highway & ~1 km of surface road (from the point we got off the autoroute), I had to drive ~1 km on a different autoroute and ~13 km on surface roads.

Has Chris Christy been in your area? LOL

Got my new glucose monitor and have it set up. Just need to set up the strip prescription. Odd how all my at home testing is in normal ranges since my surgery...very odd.

Maybe the cause of the surgery was at the root of all my health problems.

Surgery can do strange things, sometimes. When I had my abdominal surgery, the surgeon removed an ovary because it was "in the way." After that my psoriasis went into remission. Must have been hormone related.

It could have been worse Cat. I could have taken it to mean :wacko:"Do It Yourself" surgery. :angel:

I've done "do it yourself" surgery. I had a wart on my finger and the DR removed it twice and it came back both times, so I removed it myself. That was 15 years ago and it never came back. He apparently wasn't going deep enough.

Easy for you to say. You're covered by provincial health care, aren't you?

;) TL, she is just one of those women who love to blow money. As long as it is not hers. If there is nothing she needs or wants, she will find something to spend it on. Even if it is surgery! :angel:

Easy for you to say. You're covered by provincial health care, aren't you?

;) TL, she is just one of those women who love to blow money. As long as it is not hers. If there is nothing she needs or wants, she will find something to spend it on. Even if it is surgery! :angel:

Addie, you know me too well. I don't want anything bargain basement, specially if I don't have to pay! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I've done "do it yourself" surgery. I had a wart on my finger and the DR removed it twice and it came back both times, so I removed it myself. That was 15 years ago and it never came back. He apparently wasn't going deep enough.

Poo was in the fifth grade. He had a small wart right beside his nose. You can see it in his fourth grade pictures. We were coming home at night and the only passengers on the bus sitting right behind the driver. Poo reached up, got a good grip on that wart and yanked it right out. Root and all. It started to bleed. I knew the driver had paper towels, so I went up and got some off the roll. All the driver could hear was me saying, "nope, keep the pressure on, it is still bleeding." The driver was getting nervous. When he heard me say, "if it doesn't stop by the time we get home I am taking you to the ER," he pulled over to the curb, got out of his seat and came to see what the problem was. He was all set to call for an ambulance. By that time the paper towel was soaked and he gave me some more. By the time we got off the bus, it had stopped bleeding. :angel:

Thanks for that story Addie. :sick: I needed something to keep me from eating...

About to slap a bit of make-up on my face so as to not scare the public, then head to the library to pick up a couple DVDs waiting for me. After I get back Himself and I are headed to Lowe's :clap: to pick up a new shower diverter valve so he can fix my shower. Only half the water is going from the faucet to the shower head when I throw the switch. I'm starting to get tired of showering under a dribble, and I really don't like taking a shower in his shower stall for ALL kinds of reasons. After Lowe's we'll probably stop at Aldi's to pick up a few things. Since they moved into the area a few years back I've been able to shop there again when we're near one. There was one in our city back home so we didn't go too far, but the quality back then wasn't anywhere near as good as it's become over the years. I've noticed a big difference in flavor and texture now. Bonus: Himself likes their Cheerio knock-off way better than Cherios and they're about half the price. :)

I am doing laundry, folding laundry, cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms and sitting sipping tea.

Actually, all I am doing is folding laundry while sitting down and sipping tea... my friend who comes in twice a week is doing the rest. Yes, I am spoiled, specially when my payment is watching her 9 year old daughter after school on days the mom goes to school. I love the girl as if she was my granddaughter and we do crafts together, she plays with the animals and is no "work" at all.

I would say I get the best of the deal by far! :cool:

About to slap a bit of make-up on my face so as to not scare the public, then head to the library to pick up a couple DVDs waiting for me.

I stopped worrying about scaring the public a long time ago! :LOL: I am allergic to most make-up, even several of the non-allergenic brands. I just wore it for special occasions and would then deal with swollen eyes and scratchy skin for days, so now I just go as I am! :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom