What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm trying to decide what I want for dinner while watching all the "Championship Sunday" hype.
This is the first year I remember them turning the conference championship games into games that were bigger than the Super Bowl itself. Championship Sunday? Championship Wednesday media day? Give me a break. Good going Goodell.

Imagine living in the city of one of the teams. Ridiculous 24/7 coverage. So who ever wins, then comes the Pro Bowl. Of course they aren't going to send their very best players and we have to listen to who they will send.

I tune in to our local news. There is an Amber Alert. So when do we get to hear about it? More than 15 minutes into the broadcast. First we have the weather, not only for that day, but for the day of the game. And then for the Championship game. :wacko: The newscasters, the weather person, the traffic person. the sports folks all manage to talk about how their job of reporting is affected by this one most important game in the world. Ad Nauseum. :angel:

I know that as soon as you start feeling better you think you ARE better, but the doctor knows best how much time it generally takes before you are ready to put in a full day's work. They should not take away your option of a first choice vacation, IMO, which doesn't count for anything. LOL

I'm going to try and stay out, wandering stores for three hours today, see if I can handle it. I already did my 45 minute walk this morning.

Off to The Good Food Store...see if I can find a weird veggie to try and if anything sounds good for dinner.

Denver has deferred?
Do they think they are going to be behind after two quarters? hmmm...

Denver has deferred?

The Pats always defer the opening coin toss too. I think the logic is you have the opportunity to have the ball for two consecutive possessions at the end of the first half and the beginning of the second half. That could result in two consecutive scores.

Denver has deferred?

Pacanis; I have a question for you. I just found what looks like an empty gun shell. It is very tiny and brass colored. On the bottom it says REM. Does that mean it is a Remington? Thanks, JoAnn

Yes it does, JoAnn.
Most of the modern ammo makers stamp their abbreviated name on the bottom.

The talent difference is very evident in this game, Andy.
And Denver's D line is too much for NE.

Yup. And since we lost our #1 D-Back, Manning is having a field day. I have been looking forward to a Super Bowl party in Aruba.

The Patriots lost. The football season is officially over. Just a few odds and ends to clean up in two weeks.

Welcome to the official start of the Boston Red Sox Season.

Mark your calendars. Saturday, February 8th is TRUCK DAY!!!

The Patriots lost. The football season is officially over. Just a few odds and ends to clean up in two weeks.

Welcome to the official start of the Boston Red Sox Season.

Mark your calendars. Saturday, February 8th is TRUCK DAY!!!

Did you ever see the movie Fever Pitch?
If you haven't you should.

Did you ever see the movie Fever Pitch?
If you haven't you should.

I saw it and enjoyed it.

Talk about dumb luck, the first time the Sox win the World Series in 86 years, a movie is being made about their season. Then they go on to win, giving the movie the perfect ending.

For Christmas, SO gave me a multi Blue Ray set for this past Red Sox season ending with the WS win.

Last edited:
I saw it and enjoyed it.

Talk about dumb luck, the first time the Sox win the World Series in 86 years, a movie is being made about their season. Then they go on to win, giving the movie the perfect ending.

For Christmas, SO gave me a multi Blue Ray set for this past Red Sox season ending with the WS win.

Now that's some good trivia. I didn't know the movie was made while it was actually happening. I first saw it several years later.
And I had no idea championship sports seasons were on BR. Amazing.

TB just got home and we were on our way to dinner, but it looks like we will be making a stop at the ER first....for him this time. He stopped for gas and there was a sharp piece of metal on the nozzle which ripped a large gash in his hand. The station attendant was very upset and said he will have the manager call us. He also put the pump out of service.

Thankfully the station is just around the corner so TB was able to make it home with a tight bandage the attendant put on. I will be driving to the hospital.

The station is very good and I am sure they will make it right. I just hope there is no damage in the hand. Well, must go. He is ready now.

Back
Top Bottom