"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #8471
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
I watched it too Laurie. I thought the same thing about "The Voice" format. Not sure if I like it or not either ;)
Guess we will both have to tune in again next week and compare notes!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #8472
Executive Chef

i am lurker surfing....there are about ten other people on the site, variously occupied. i notice that according to the roster, i am (vitauta is) viewing the foodie anagram puzzle thread. but that is wrong. actually, i am lurking on the who's online page. what is it again that i can do once i'm here? follow in other people's footsteps, and check to see what they are reading? i must be missing something, or else, lurking isn't the fun late-nite activity it's cracked up to be. i think i need lessons....

Old 01-23-2013, 01:38 AM   #8473
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I had one of my cards hacked three times, Kylie. Always the same card and one time just days after activating the new card. The last time it was hacked there was a $7 charge at a hotel in Kentucky (nowhere by me) and then a $500 charge at a bus terminal in England. Weird.
Whoa, 3 times, that is heaps Pac!

Yes they seem to hack in from all over the world, but that is strange one in the US and one not long after in the UK

They tried 5 times on our card...the first time was only $8.30 apparently, they were probably seeing if it worked, realised it did and then they did a purchase for about $800, then a few more

We had only just got a new card (same account) just with a new expiry date on it, so didnt have that one for long
Old 01-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #8474
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
That has happened to us twice now. The last time was a couple of weeks ago. It drives me crazy too, but I was glad our bank caught it right away too.
2 times too many Chops!

It is so annoying as you have to go without a credit card for about a week...then we have to set up the new account on the online banking, contact all the companies you have direct debit set up with...just a huge annoyance!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #8475
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
I watched it too Laurie. I thought the same thing about "The Voice" format. Not sure if I like it or not either ;)

hiya sb, there is a "taste" thread on the site you might be interested in.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #8476
Chef Extraordinaire

I am sitting here waiting for the floor man to come put in a new floor in the bathroom. I am hoping he come this morning. I want to see what is underneath. I say it is mold. Maintenance says it is age related. Hogwash! El Toro Poo Poo!

Want to get me really pi**ed of to the max? Treat me as if I am stupid and don't know what I am talking about. I am just an old lady who gets hysterical. Tomorrow they are supposed to show up for the painting. When my BIL was starting his own contracting business, he couldn't afford to pay a helper. So I used to go with him and help him. My sister watched the kids for me in exchange. I learned a lot and it was fun. I also have a son who is a contractor. I have listened to hours of the work he does and I know what he is talking about. My other son is a floor expert and a plumber. For more than 16 years The Pirate installed every type if flooring there is. From private homes of the rich and famous to large supermarkets. His knees finally gave out and he had to find another trade. So I am not stupid when it comes to repairs and problem solving in maintenance. I can hang wallpaper and paint with the best of them. I can point a chimney or other masonry. I can ever connect the electrical for a furnace. I know the difference between a negative and positive pole. Don't treat me as if I am stupid. I probably know more than you.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #8477
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #8478
Executive Chef

Test baking a few Panettone.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #8479
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Shrek's Birthday today, have got everything prepped so I can toss together chicken and dumplings (that's what he wanted) when I get off work. Plan on stopping and getting him a cake of some sort. I got him a couple of books and a Joe Bonamassa CD set.
My Gran would have been 92 today. Miss her sooo much! She was a fantastic person. Shrek must be great too, anyone born on the 23rd of Jan must be! Hope you have a fabulous time and Big Happy Birthday to Shrek!!!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:03 AM   #8480
Assistant Cook

putting off work...