What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, everyone. TB had a good sleep and his hand is feeling better. He is so lucky that it didn't do any real damage as it was a deep cut. He should not lose any movement, though the doctor said he was lucky.

The police came and took his statement and said they do not have a motive or any leads.

The reason the cameras were only on the booth and not the pumps is that the pumps are self serve by credit card or pre-pay only and the booth carries the cash. So the likelyhood of something happening at the pumps was minimal...until now.

The Patriots lost. The football season is officially over. Just a few odds and ends to clean up in two weeks.

Welcome to the official start of the Boston Red Sox Season.

Mark your calendars. Saturday, February 8th is TRUCK DAY!!!

Please bring me up to speed (pun intended). What is Truck Day? :angel:

Because of the recent murder in our area and the town meetings about safety, TB's experience at the gas station has made it to the press. The station attendant and owner were interviewed but we asked that TB's name be left out of it because of his current job and he used to work with a few of the recovery houses in the area.

The public is screaming for several of the deregulated recovery houses to be shut down because they figure that is the problem. However, we know that if they close them, the people will just be on the streets and the problems will be worse.

The big cause is that the previous "bad" part of town is being cleaned up so the riff-raff are moving south into our community.

We know this wasn't a targeted attack on TB, but if he was to be identified, it might cause more problems than it is worth. A lot of those guys he worked with confided in him and if he were to appear on the "other" side, that could undo any good.

Please bring me up to speed (pun intended). What is Truck Day? :angel:

Truck Day is the day the Red Sox equipment truck leaves Fenway Park for the spring training facility in Florida (Jet Blue Park). Not long after, pitchers and catchers report to spring training followed by the rest of the team and the fun begins.

It's kind of a hokey fabricated event but for me it's the start of another baseball season and I love watching, reading about, calculating statistics for and listening to sports radio on the subject of the Boston Red Sox.

I have to go change the wallpaper on my laptop from the Patriots logo to the Red Sox logo.

Truck Day is the day the Red Sox equipment truck leaves Fenway Park for the spring training facility in Florida (Jet Blue Park). Not long after, pitchers and catchers report to spring training followed by the rest of the team and the fun begins.

It's kind of a hokey fabricated event but for me it's the start of another baseball season and I love watching, reading about, calculating statistics for and listening to sports radio on the subject of the Boston Red Sox.

I have to go change the wallpaper on my laptop from the Patriots logo to the Red Sox logo.

Thank you. And I have to change my g'son's pic from #12 Brady shirt to one of him with the Green Monster for my wall paper. :angel:

I really feel for you both that the Patriots lost. But it would have been difficult for me to watch them against the Seahawks. I wouldn't know which side to cheer for. :angel:

Because of the recent murder in our area and the town meetings about safety, TB's experience at the gas station has made it to the press. The station attendant and owner were interviewed but we asked that TB's name be left out of it because of his current job and he used to work with a few of the recovery houses in the area.

The public is screaming for several of the deregulated recovery houses to be shut down because they figure that is the problem. However, we know that if they close them, the people will just be on the streets and the problems will be worse.

The big cause is that the previous "bad" part of town is being cleaned up so the riff-raff are moving south into our community.

We know this wasn't a targeted attack on TB, but if he was to be identified, it might cause more problems than it is worth. A lot of those guys he worked with confided in him and if he were to appear on the "other" side, that could undo any good.

LP, I can see TB's side very clearly. When Poo was doing paramedic work, he was called to a bad accident that involved a very violent police chase. He was inside of the vehicle treating the patient, when the local news stuck a microphone in the car and wanted to interview my son and the patient. Poo let out a stream of language that would have made not only truck drivers blush but long shore men also. Of course, they couldn't use the piece on the news that night. When I asked Poo about it, he said that Patient Confidentiality was uppermost and he certainly didn't want his face plastered all over the TV. What if the patient was being chased by his enemies and his actions saved his life? They would be coming not only after him but his patient trying to get another shot at him. You cannot violate that trust ever! :angel:

Last edited:
I really feel for you both that the Patriots lost. But it would have been difficult for me to watch them against the Seahawks. I wouldn't know which side to cheer for. :angel:

That is easy. How many friends do you have in Seattle and how many Patriot friends here? :angel:

Shrek said at the beginning of the season it would be the Seahawks and the Broncos in the Super Bowl...Ogres Rule!:LOL::ROFLMAO:

That is easy. How many friends do you have in Seattle and how many Patriot friends here? :angel:

Since we are just 3 hours away from Seattle, I actually have quite a few friends there. In fact a long time family friend has invited us down for the Superbowl. It used to be a tradition. She and her husband would come here for the Grey Cup (Canadian Football Championship) and our family would go there. Now my parents and her hubby are gone and we have not gotten together for years. TB has taken the day off, but it is because I am giving a talk at a workshop and we wouldn't be done in time to go. We will watch the game at home.

We were rooting for the Pats in that game...me because of the Pats fans here, DH because he doesn't like Manning. LOL Sorry they lost. I have no preference for the Super Bowl since I am not familiar with either of these teams.

Addie, there are more than a few Seahawks fans here....the 12th man just prefers to make noise at the stadium!
;)

It is like Regina Roughriders....except in Canada it is the 13th man as we have one more player and one less down (3) in our football! I am from Regina and have always been a roughie fan (you always are). I will cheer for BC only if they aren't playing my team. :LOL:

Since we are just 3 hours away from Seattle, I actually have quite a few friends there..
As far as I'm concerned LP, one real-life, flesh-and-blood friend who is a Seahawks fan definitely trumps any number of internet-only friends no matter what their team allegiance might be. Much as we all might love and worry about you, we're all vapor compared to one, single, huggable friend.

As far as I'm concerned LP, one real-life, flesh-and-blood friend who is a Seahawks fan definitely trumps any number of internet-only friends no matter what their team allegiance might be. Much as we all might love and worry about you, we're all vapor compared to one, single, huggable friend.

+1

I had my second sick leave visitor today since my surgery...Shrek doesn't count...my ex-boss stopped by to see how I was doing. Much as I love you guys, getting a real hug makes a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom