What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
CG and PF, you are so right about "in the flesh" friends. However, most of my local friends live 20 minutes to a half hour away and have their own lives. Because in the winter I don't get out much on my own, I have to rely on them coming to me and we go out for Tim Horton's or Starbucks. I have my neighbour and her daughter who lives on the other side and they are great. The daughter helps me out around the house and I sometimes watch HER daughter who is 9, after school. Well I basically watch her playing with the animals, which is great for me.

But even my best friend we end up emailing more than talking or seeing each other. The time I took away from DC last year to concentrate on my "in the flesh" friends and family didn't prove very fruitful in that way and when I heard about Ma's (Kadesma) passing I was devestated and needed to be with the people who "knew" her. We had a good relationship even though we never met. We spoke on the phone, sent cards and letters, and acted like a real life mother and daughter. Yes, there is nothing better than real life, but I wouldn't sell virtual friendships short either! :)

Well said LP.

A lot of my "in the flesh" friends are almost as virtual as you guys I "see" them on FaceBook lots more than in person. I live in the 'burbs and most of them live in the city. Very few have cars, so it's almost always up to me to visit them.

One of my virtual friends has turned into an "in the flesh" friend. She lives in Georgia and I have spent several visits to her home during the holidays. Her father ( who I adore) always includes me in his Christmas letter to his family that still lives in Canada. They have no idea who I am, but to him I am 'family.' Every time I go down there, I know I am going to make that Hershey's Chocolate Cake for him. And if I am up to it, fresh baked cinnamon rolls for his breakfast the next morning. He is in his mid 90's and is willing to sleep on the couch so he can be there when the rolls come out of the oven in the morning.

One time when we all were at the cottage at the lake, he told me "Addie this is your chair." And he led me to the most comfortable chair in the room. My girlfriend told me later that, that chair was her mother's and he never lets anyone sit in it.

All this because we both just happened to belong to the old Food Network forum. When that closed down, we continued our friendship from a virtual to an "in flesh." :angel:

I just baked some banana bread muffins. I got out all the cold ingredients before making supper, so they could come to room temperature. I cracked the egg and it was one of the hard boiled ones. :rolleyes: I had to use a cold one from the fridge. Then, I dumped the walnuts into the flour mix before chopping them. :ermm: I had to fish them out of the flour and chop them. An awful lot of flour stuck to them. I also baked them a little bit too long, so some of them are kinda dark on the bottoms and sides. They still taste good. :pig:

I don't think I better try to do anything important. I also better remember to eat that hard boiled egg tomorrow. I wrapped it in cling wrap. At least I didn't burn myself on the oven or muffin tins.

I just baked some banana bread muffins. I got out all the cold ingredients before making supper, so they could come to room temperature. I cracked the egg and it was one of the hard boiled ones. :rolleyes: I had to use a cold one from the fridge. Then, I dumped the walnuts into the flour mix before chopping them. :ermm: I had to fish them out of the flour and chop them. An awful lot of flour stuck to them. I also baked them a little bit too long, so some of them are kinda dark on the bottoms and sides. They still taste good. :pig:

I don't think I better try to do anything important. I also better remember to eat that hard boiled egg tomorrow. I wrapped it in cling wrap. At least I didn't burn myself on the oven or muffin tins.

:LOL: You bake like I do, Taxy!

Eating Sweet Maui Onion Rings (like Funyuns, but for grown-ups) and wondering if I should go into the doc tomorrow or wait till my appointment on Friday. I have an open area along my incision that should not be there, it stings.

Eating Sweet Maui Onion Rings (like Funyuns, but for grown-ups) and wondering if I should go into the doc tomorrow or wait till my appointment on Friday. I have an open area along my incision that should not be there, it stings.

You're a nurse, if someone asked you what they should do what would you tell them (be honest)? Whatever that is, do that.

You're a nurse, if someone asked you what they should do what would you tell them (be honest)? Whatever that is, do that.

LOL!! Thanks, PAG!

Well, I'm just thinking out loud...it's not infected, but it is not healing correctly. Not emergent and with proper nursing care, which I can direct Shrek in, we can do the appropriate care (I have the supplies) until Friday.

Okay, what the heck, may as well make a nurse's day and wander into the office.

LOL!! Thanks, PAG!

Well, I'm just thinking out loud...it's not infected, but it is not healing correctly. Not emergent and with proper nursing care, which I can direct Shrek in, we can do the appropriate care (I have the supplies) until Friday.

Okay, what the heck, may as well make a nurse's day and wander into the office.

Gah! No gut spilling, PF!

Heh, you just wanted an excuse to go into work! What the heck, best nurses!

Gah! No gut spilling, PF!

Heh, you just wanted an excuse to go into work! What the heck, best nurses!

Oh no, I'm walking into the surgeon's office. I'm not going to work, promise. I'm close enough to work by doing my certification tests that I put off till now. So far two tests down with 100% and 90% totals and 7 more tests to go. Then I get my certification. I'll be a RAC-CT...exciting, huh?

I think that's very bad, Ogress. Please get this taken care of as soon as possible.

When I had that bad gash on my back, the doctor said for me to watch for things like this and to seek treatment quickly if there was a problem.

I'm very worried about you. Please go as soon as you can to a doctor and have this treated properly. I like you so very much and I don't want anything bad to happen of this, Ogress.

With love,
~Cat

I think that's very bad, Ogress. Please get this taken care of as soon as possible.

When I had that bad gash on my back, the doctor said for me to watch for things like this and to seek treatment quickly if there was a problem.

I'm very worried about you. Please go as soon as you can to a doctor and have this treated properly. I like you so very much and I don't want anything bad to happen of this, Ogress.

With love,
~Cat

Thank you Cat. There is no infection. And I am taking care of it the same way I would take care of a patient at work. Going to the doctor's office tomorrow.

PF, look after yourself. I am using you as my example for abdominal surgery! :LOL:

Well, mine isn't as serious as yours, but I will have to look after myself after too.

Take care and let us know what the doctor says. :heart:

:angel: Get it checked now. If you were in the hospital working and saw that on a patient, wouldn't you make note of it and treat it? Immediately? The stinging is giving your a message. Listen to it.

One of two choices. Leave it alone so it can heal from the inside out, or put steri strips on it to close it and keeping it clean in the process.

You may suggest putting Silverdein on it. The wonder drug for open wounds. :angel:

Oh no, I'm walking into the surgeon's office. I'm not going to work, promise. I'm close enough to work by doing my certification tests that I put off till now. So far two tests down with 100% and 90% totals and 7 more tests to go. Then I get my certification. I'll be a RAC-CT...exciting, huh?

You get to be Nurse Rachet? Cool!:ROFLMAO:

Truck Day is the day the Red Sox equipment truck leaves Fenway Park for the spring training facility in Florida (Jet Blue Park).

Was playing catch-up on this thread and just read this one. Andy, the local folks have newly begun a farmer's market in the field just outside the stadium there at Jet Blue Park. Fresh veggies, baked goods. Guess we could call it "Truck Farm Day" down here. :) When I went this past Monday, there were lots of out-of-state license plates in the parking area, not the least of which were those with Sox decals and such.

You get to be Nurse Rachet? Cool!:ROFLMAO:

Good one, Z! :LOL::LOL:

I am trying to get up the energy to start my first project for the day - write up my shopping list so I can get out of here before the noon rush at Costco. I have four stores to go to and Costco is the first.

Wound update: no infection, keeping it clean and letting it heal. Shrek learned how to take care of it since I can't even see it without a mirror. The wound care is what I thought it would be and had already started.

Back
Top Bottom