What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TB just called from work. They caught the guy who sabotaged the gas pump and the station owner is pressing charges so TB doesn't need to be involved at all. This is such a relief! His hand is still very sore and he is driving with a gloves on so it is protected and not so noticeable. I am so proud of him through this whole ordeal.

Glad they caught that guy L.P.! Hopefully anyone who heard about that pump sabotage and had ideas of trying it themselves are now afraid of getting caught themselves. Hope TB's hand stops hurting soon and heals quickly.

That's amazing, LP. How did they catch him without video? Did someone turn him in when it made the news? How old was he. If you don't know call them and ask. lol

Today I started the procedures to "rust blue" a pistol I made. Cold rust bluing is how they used to blue way back when. It is supposed to be more durable and look better, so we'll see.
It's a lengthy procedure and requires a lot of work and care, which is why they don't do it anymore.

TB just called from work. They caught the guy who sabotaged the gas pump and the station owner is pressing charges so TB doesn't need to be involved at all. This is such a relief! His hand is still very sore and he is driving with a gloves on so it is protected and not so noticeable. I am so proud of him through this whole ordeal.

Now that is good news. :)

GS is doing his homework as I sit here and monitor his reading. I happy that I can keep up with his homework as he is now in the first grade.

PF, what do the letters actually stand for? Forgive my not knowing.

Good to hear about your wound being okay as well.

Resident Assessment Coordinator - Certified...it will go after RN - BSN :ROFLMAO:

PrincessFiona60 RN - BSN, RAC-CT...I'm going to get tired of signing all that:wacko:

That's amazing, LP. How did they catch him without video? Did someone turn him in when it made the news? How old was he. If you don't know call them and ask. lol

Today I started the procedures to "rust blue" a pistol I made. Cold rust bluing is how they used to blue way back when. It is supposed to be more durable and look better, so we'll see.
It's a lengthy procedure and requires a lot of work and care, which is why they don't do it anymore.
If you can believe it, he left finger prints on the metal strip - just fragments but enough and he was in their system. Though she isn't working now with her cancer, that's what my sister does for the RCMP and would have worked on this one!

I haven't heard the motive yet. We are just glad that it is over for us. TB has given a statement that will be used in court. As for age, I have no idea, but I believe he must be an adult. I will probably see it on the news.

That's great LP!

If you can believe it, he left finger prints on the metal strip - just fragments but enough and he was in their system. Though she isn't working now with her cancer, that's what my sister does for the RCMP and would have worked on this one!

I haven't heard the motive yet. We are just glad that it is over for us. TB has given a statement that will be used in court. As for age, I have no idea, but I believe he must be an adult. I will probably see it on the news.

There's your Mounties for ya.
Around here a bunch or cars got broken into and the police didn't even bother to dust for fingerprints because they said there would be too many. You would think the perps' prints would be the top ones. :wacko:
And how many prints do you think were on the pump nozzle compared to a car with maybe one driver? (rhetorical)
Damn fine bit of police work :)

GS is doing his homework as I sit here and monitor his reading. I happy that I can keep up with his homework as he is now in the first grade.

I still think it is amazing that they give homework in the first grade! I don't think I got any until grade 4 or 5! And it was mostly reading and practicing math and spelling.

There's your Mounties for ya.

My sister is a civilian employee but she does photo line-ups, finger-print and photo recognition - sort of like you see on CSI and NCIS but not as glamorous!

My great grandfather (from Quincy, MA) came to Canada when he was 18 and joined the North West Mounted police. He was with them for 7 years. Later they became the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and their headquarters (and training center) are in Regina, right behind the school both my father and I graduated from.

Just a little history! :)

Last edited:
Wound update: no infection, keeping it clean and letting it heal. Shrek learned how to take care of it since I can't even see it without a mirror. The wound care is what I thought it would be and had already started.

Excellent, PF!

And, LP, so glad they caught the guy! Amazing. RCMP rocks!

Last edited:
Excellent, PF!

And, LP, so glad they caught the guy! Amazing. RCMP rocks!

I just wish they would catch the guy who murdered the hockey Mom outside our rec centre 2 weeks ago. Our community (Newton in Surrey) has been rocked by the amount of crime lately and this senseless act (for a pack of smokes and $32 dollars in her purse) needs to be solved.

Wow, no one's been doing anything?

I am about to start the arduous task of filling out our passport forms so that we will be ready for Alaska in September, but also, we need them to just cross the border and have procrastinated far too long.

TB's parents are snowbirds and have wanted us to come to their place near Palm Springs for years. They've even said they would pay for the passports if that's what was stopping us. It isn't the money, just the forms themselves!

At Shrek's whim today, it's his 68th birthday...he's not doing anything but playing on guitars and watching TV. I'm hanging out.

I've been working on my pistol all afternoon. I've been doing something :mrgreen:
Actually, 95% of "working" on it consists of looking into the aquarium to see how it's coming along :whistling
And I don't have my passport either, but then I never go anywhere, so why bother?

Back
Top Bottom