What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier today I watched The Rise of the Third Reich... followed by The Fall of the Third Reich... and now I am watching Gladiator (the Russell Crowe one). Now if I can find a good cowboys and indians movie later, The Last Samurai, Roots and The Rabbit Proof Fence I'll have much of the world's nasty business all watched in one day :ermm:

Earlier today I watched The Rise of the Third Reich... followed by The Fall of the Third Reich... and now I am watching Gladiator (the Russell Crowe one). Now if I can find a good cowboys and indians movie later, The Last Samurai, Roots and The Rabbit Proof Fence I'll have much of the world's nasty business all watched in one day :ermm:

I have been on a Western Movie kick also lately. I would love to see them come back like they were in the 60's. :angel:

I just re-visited Ol-Blue's melt in your mouth pork loin recipe. I think that will be supper.

I have been on a Western Movie kick also lately. I would love to see them come back like they were in the 60's. :angel:

I watched three or four episods of The Rifleman yesterday morning. I had forgotten how hokey it was, but for a half hour show...
The original assault rifle :LOL:

I washed my Beanie Babies in the washing machine, and will send the collection to my little niece and nephew. They cleaned up great. I'm trying to declutter the house. I don't want to leave anyone with the daunting task of having to deal with what I had to deal with, all the knick knacks and stuff my mom had collected in her house for over 70 years.

Last edited:
I so agree...I have reduced and gifted so much stuff it's not funny and it is still coming out of the walls.

I washed my Beanie Babies in the washing machine, and will send the collection to my little niece and nephew. They cleaned up great. I'm trying to declutter the house. I don't want to leave anyone with the daunting task of having to deal with what I had to deal with, all the knick knacks and stuff my mom had collected in her house for over 70 years.

I so agree...I have reduced and gifted so much stuff it's not funny and it is still coming out of the walls.

Did I miss something?
How many months do you two have? :LOL:

I want whoever cleans out my house to remember me for a looooong time :devilish:

I'm just tired of tripping over stuff...bad enough I am a pack rat to begin with. Fighting that gene is a real struggle.

Well OK then. If you're actually tripping over stuff that's different.
The trick is to only trip once. If you can't catch yourself on the first trip because you are tripping over something a second time... that's when you've got to much stuff ;)

Did I miss something?
How many months do you two have? :LOL:

I want whoever cleans out my house to remember me for a looooong time :devilish:

:LOL: We're pooling our months, Verizon Friends and Family.

My mom was a total packrat, and had a vast collection of plastic peanuts as well as everything else that only she could appreciate. I too inherited the packrat gene.

I've been trying to clear out a lot of stuff before we move. I refuse to pay to move things that haven't been used since they were moved here...from a home where I probably didn't use them anyway. :wacko: I have things I don't use but they remind me of my Mom. I read a while back that you should take a photo of that object, put it in a scrapbook with memories written on the opposite page, and then move the item along to someone who will use it and enjoy it and make new memories. Just have to get working on that project.

I must say I've been enjoying the few episodes I've seen of a show that has been airing on ION TV ~ "neat". Appears to be a show from HGTV-Canada. Even more than getting some useful tips, I've been feeling better about my accumulation of "stuff". Our house doesn't look anywhere NEAR as cluttered as these places! Whew!

I am sitting here waiting for Downton Abby to come on. And waiting to see if The Pirate makes it tonight. He moved into his new place today and may just be too tired now. :angel:

I have some very valuable antiques. Spike knows the value and so does The Pirate. So I had to write a will so that they would go to the right person. They can sell them if they wish, but the monies have to go back to the Estate and equally divided among the four kids. I have been getting rid of a lot of dust collectors. If not for my kids, then for myself. Less work for me.

One of the advantages of living in elderly housing is that you HAVE to downsize. :angel:

Living several states away from Mom's house, I relied on the auctioneer, a really straight-up guy. I would have preferred an estate sale, but apparently they don't do that in my previous home state, only auctions. He had to haul out all Mom's stuff himself and put it on a flatbed and rent a hall, sharing with another seller. He sent me the roster of what everything sold for. A lifetime of stuff went for much less than the actual value. What really was interesting was the comic books, at $25 apiece, and the Tonka toys, upwards of $100 each. Mom's glassware sold for like $1 a box, lamps and Franklin Mint dolls, for $20 each. 2 huge couches went for $5.

Back
Top Bottom