What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm getting ready to slice 8 loaves of gluten free bread TB picked up today. I was supposed to go but ended up down with a migraine all afternoon and he finished up his computer work early so went in my place.

We can't get it sliced at the bakery because they only have one slicer and it is used for regular bread. All the gluten free stuff is mixed and baked in a completely closed off part of the bakery with it's own ovens and proofers, but the bread is sliced in the storefront.

I really don't mind doing it and my reward is normally a slice or two of fresh bread and butter but I can't have the butter right now so there is a little less incentive! ;)

It is cold here also!

Gwen has gone, and for the first time since before Thanksgiving, I'm alone down here.

I suppose I'd best get used to this again.

With love,
~Cat

It is cold here also!

Gwen has gone, and for the first time since before Thanksgiving, I'm alone down here.

I suppose I'd best get used to this again.

With love,
~Cat

Yeah. You have had a busy time this past month. Now that you are back in school, you will appreciate the alone time for studying. Take advantage of it. :angel:

Yeah. You have had a busy time this past month. Now that you are back in school, you will appreciate the alone time for studying. Take advantage of it. :angel:

You're correct. I've caught up on everything and wrote to my journal, and so I'll go to my bed.

I miss Mamma sleeping next to me. I still am not very happy with growing up and being all that adult thing.

It hurts too much.

With love,
~Cat

I'm up late again. TB is having stomach problems again and called in sick for the morning.

Our "adopted" daughter (she has parents and is in her late 20's but has lived with us on and off over the last 15 years or so) is at the ER with her 2 year old who fell two days ago and the doctor then should have diagnosed a concussion but didn't. He started to vomit today and was quite quiet which is unusual. I am waiting for her call to see what this new doctor says tonight. She has a three year old as well and just left her abusive husband so it is a tough situation. I am quite concerned. I will go in the morning to see them as I don't drive at night.

Monkey is curled up in a chair near me and Violet is on the floor beside my chair as always. I love my furbabies and they seem to love me right back!

Gee LP, I hope everything is OK with your kinda-daughter and her little one.

My LittleBit decided she wanted to sleep with me last night. I woke up with a cat curled against the backs of my knees and fell right back to sleep. I guess we both found places that worked seeing as how most of the time she shows up the two of us fight over the middle of the bed!

Gee LP, I hope everything is OK with your kinda-daughter and her little one.

My LittleBit decided she wanted to sleep with me last night. I woke up with a cat curled against the backs of my knees and fell right back to sleep. I guess we both found places that worked seeing as how most of the time she shows up the two of us fight over the middle of the bed!

Thanks, CG. They gave him a pedialite Popsicle (electrolytes) and he kept it down for about 2 hours so they let them go around midnight. Four blocks from the hospital he threw up all over the van and continued to do so through the night. They now think that he caught a bug (probably at the hospital the first time) so now they have him back at the hospital in isolation and on concussion watch. I went up with a Tim's run (Tim Horton's coffee and bagels) but I couldn't go into the room because of my upcoming surgery.

I ended up only getting a couple of hours broken sleep between various pains, worrying about the little guy and coughing (asthma, not a cold). And with TB home sick it will be a very quiet day for sure.

I'm on the seventh application of rust bluing a pistol. Two through five shouldn't count though, as very little happened. Along with a hot towel I've added a bowl of hot water every so often and that extra 10% humidity is doing the trick.

I'm on the seventh application of rust bluing a pistol. Two through five shouldn't count though, as very little happened. Along with a hot towel I've added a bowl of hot water every so often and that extra 10% humidity is doing the trick.
You know we will want to see pix when it's done. ;)

About to bundle up to go get my really warm (and now newly-zippered) winter jacket...just in time for the weather to warm up. While I'm out I'll also stop at the library to drop of the two videos we watched and to pick up my loaner copy of "The Heat". From the reviews in our movie thread perhaps it's a good idea to pick up a box of depends? :ermm: :LOL:

Thanks, CG. They gave him a pedialite Popsicle (electrolytes) and he kept it down for about 2 hours so they let them go around midnight. Four blocks from the hospital he threw up all over the van and continued to do so through the night. They now think that he caught a bug (probably at the hospital the first time) so now they have him back at the hospital in isolation and on concussion watch. I went up with a Tim's run (Tim Horton's coffee and bagels) but I couldn't go into the room because of my upcoming surgery.

I ended up only getting a couple of hours broken sleep between various pains, worrying about the little guy and coughing (asthma, not a cold). And with TB home sick it will be a very quiet day for sure.

Oh, I am sorry, Laurie. I'm thinking of you, and the little one.

With love,
~Cat

Oh, I am sorry, Laurie. I'm thinking of you, and the little one.

With love,
~Cat

Thanks, Cat.

They are home now and he doesn't seem to have a concussion. As for the flu symptoms, there isn't much to do except wait them out. He's a tough little guy and I am sure he will be fine in no time. They gave her medication to help settle his tummy so hopefully that will help.

I had a doctor's appointment today. As I was getting ready to go downstairs, I got a case of violent dry heaves. I have no idea of what set it off. So I cancelled the appointment and laid down. The poor woman I was talking to on the phone to cancel my transportation got quite an earful. Every two words I had to stop and heave.

Slept for two hours. I called my girlfriend in Atlanta to check on her and her father. Both are fine. But my tummy is so sore from heaving so hard. :angel:

I had a doctor's appointment today. As I was getting ready to go downstairs, I got a case of violent dry heaves. I have no idea of what set it off. So I cancelled the appointment and laid down. The poor woman I was talking to on the phone to cancel my transportation got quite an earful. Every two words I had to stop and heave.

Slept for two hours. I called my girlfriend in Atlanta to check on her and her father. Both are fine. But my tummy is so sore from heaving so hard. :angel:

You are allergic to doctor's appointments...and you really don't want surgery.

You know me too well. My frying pan is getting rusty. I know what to do and not do to keep my gall bladder happy. And I know exactly what set off the last episode. So I won't be repeating that again. I also know what set off the first one. And it has been almost two years since I had that one. I haven't repeated that mistake either. The ER doctor told me that they don't like to operate on the gall bladder unless there is an infection. For me on both occasions, it was a stone stuck in the duct. Both time, a good heave from the dry heaves made the stone exit the duct. Ten minutes later you would never had guessed that I was in so much pain.

Usually the thought of surgery doesn't even faze me. I have had too many. But not this time. I feel it is unnecessary. And I don't have a good feeling about it. :angel:

I think that applies to me too! ;)

TB said my glands looked swollen and insisted in taking me to the clinic. I coughed all the way there, all the time waiting and the whole time the doctor examined me. I stopped the minute we were outside of the office and haven't coughed in the last 2 hours since.

He doesn't think it is strep but I have to call my surgeon tomorrow and let him know the situation. Even though I really don't want the surgery, I know it has to happen and I would rather get it over with than stay on this restricted diet and have this pain.

On the positive side, I have been asked to give my talk on depression at another workshop. The organizers were so impressed on Sunday they feel my story should be told to as many people as possible. I am glad if my experiences can help even one person get through clinical depression.

You know me too well. My frying pan is getting rusty. I know what to do and not do to keep my gall bladder happy. And I know exactly what set off the last episode. So I won't be repeating that again. I also know what set off the first one. And it has been almost two years since I had that one. I haven't repeated that mistake either. The ER doctor told me that they don't like to operate on the gall bladder unless there is an infection. For me on both occasions, it was a stone stuck in the duct. Both time, a good heave from the dry heaves made the stone exit the duct. Ten minutes later you would never had guessed that I was in so much pain.

Usually the thought of surgery doesn't even faze me. I have had too many. But not this time. I feel it is unnecessary. And I don't have a good feeling about it. :angel:
The ER doctors and the surgeon all said that my gallbladder had to come out no ifs ands or buts and there was no infection at the time. The surgeon said it serves no purpose, the surgery is easy now and if left it could only cause more problems down the road. I am sticking to the diet very carefully and am still in serious pain. Everyone I know lately has had their gallbladder removed on the first known attacks whether there was infection or not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom