What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I won't be skipping there, but I will sure do the happy dance when it is all over!

I think my first meal once I am healed is going to be a Quarter Pounder with cheese, fries, apple pie and hot chocolate! :ROFLMAO:

And that's not even part of my normal diet!

Last edited:
The ER doctors and the surgeon all said that my gallbladder had to come out no ifs ands or buts and there was no infection at the time. The surgeon said it serves no purpose, the surgery is easy now and if left it could only cause more problems down the road. I am sticking to the diet very carefully and am still in serious pain. Everyone I know lately has had their gallbladder removed on the first known attacks whether there was infection or not.

Papa had a terrible sickness of his gall bladder. He had to have the surgery and he became very well after it. I'm thinking of you, Laurie.

With love,
~Cat

Just got a call from my "daughter". Her son has been rushed back to the hospital in an ambulance with convulsions and the bump on his head tripling in size. He is one sick little boy and I feel so helpless.

Her real Mom called to tell me that she has her granddaughter there and will bring her to my place to play with Monkey and Violet tomorrow as she is really scared of what is happening to her brother.

This is what I have been doing the past week. It's an old form of bluing called rust bluing. In the olden days they used urine, but these days they make chemicals... come to think of it though, it is yellow :ermm:
Basically you take the bare metal and clean it very well. It can have no oils on it. Then you wipe the chemical on, put the parts in a humidity box and let the rust form. After the rust has formed you boil the parts and convert the reddish color to black, then polish off the scale with 0000 steel wool. I'm doing my 7th application right now. From what I have read I will reach a point where the parts will stop darkening. Then I am done.

This used to be done a long time ago, but because it was so time consuming other methods were developed. It is still considered the best looking form a bluing and is the most durable.
And of course it can be done to anything metal, knife blades, wrought iron, anything you want to help protect and turn the color a bluish black.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 149
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 146
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 150
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 153
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 157
This is what I have been doing the past week. It's an old form of bluing called rust bluing. In the olden days they used urine, but these days they make chemicals... come to think of it though, it is yellow :ermm:
Basically you take the bare metal and clean it very well. It can have no oils on it. Then you wipe the chemical on, put the parts in a humidity box and let the rust form. After the rust has formed you boil the parts and convert the reddish color to black, then polish off the scale with 0000 steel wool. I'm doing my 7th application right now. From what I have read I will reach a point where the parts will stop darkening. Then I am done.

This used to be done a long time ago, but because it was so time consuming other methods were developed. It is still considered the best looking form a bluing and is the most durable.
And of course it can be done to anything metal, knife blades, wrought iron, anything you want to help protect and turn the color a bluish black.

Looks great, Pac!!!

Just got a call from my "daughter". Her son has been rushed back to the hospital in an ambulance with convulsions and the bump on his head tripling in size. He is one sick little boy and I feel so helpless.

Her real Mom called to tell me that she has her granddaughter there and will bring her to my place to play with Monkey and Violet tomorrow as she is really scared of what is happening to her brother.

I'm thinking maybe they shouldn't have sent him home in the first place. You can never be too careful with little ones. I hope it's nothing serious and he gets well, soon!

I worked in a neurosurgical ward in Denmark, back in the '70s. I'm surprised they didn't do some sort of scan of his head before sending him home.

I'm sending healing vibes in your general direction.

I am sitting here thinking of all the things I have to add to my shopping list for Monday. By the time I feel like actually working on the dang thing, I will have forgotten most of them.

If anyone has 10 cents worth of energy, I will take it. The Chantix is beginning to work. I light up a cigarette, take one puff and put it right out. Have absolutely no desire to finish smoking it. :angel:

I am sitting here thinking of all the things I have to add to my shopping list for Monday. By the time I feel like actually working on the dang thing, I will have forgotten most of them.

If anyone has 10 cents worth of energy, I will take it. The Chantix is beginning to work. I light up a cigarette, take one puff and put it right out. Have absolutely no desire to finish smoking it. :angel:

Yay!!!

I am smoking less and less. The good part is that even though I don't feel like smoking, when Spike is here and he lights up, I still don't reach for one myself. He is no longer a trigger for me. Hopefully, by the end of next week, I will be going 24 hours without. Then I will go for the days without. :angel:

Last edited:
I just placed an order for a microwave. My current one stopped working. Not good, as I use it a couple times/day to reheat things.

The little guy is stable and will be kept in hospital for a few days for observation. I am not exactly sure what happened, but they relieved some pressure around the eye and there have been no more convulsions.

Now his sister, who didn't end up coming here, is throwing up all over so it is the flu as well.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and thoughts and just listening to me.

I am feeling much better today. My throat is no longer sore, I had one coughing spell in the night only and I am not nauseated. I will lay low one more day, only taking Violet to the vet for her annual shots and I should be good to go.

So all is looking so much more positive. :D

The first week I took Chantix I thought it was not working because my smoking actually increased, then I realized it was because I was not getting the same lift from the nicotine. Hang in there and keep in touch with the daily calls that they offer. I was able to stop taking it after the first month instead of the normal three months and have not smoked in several years.

It will help if you can find some distraction for the first few days, knit a hundred mittens or lick a thousand envelopes for your church, anything to keep busy!

Keep us posted on your progress and good luck!

I've been watching DA all afternoon.
One episode left. The big finale until next year this time.
Fortunately Vikings is starting back up soon.

Back
Top Bottom