What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds right to me. Now, does it make sense to Somebunny?

Yes, it makes sense to me. I think I was confused because, I often pull from the middle of a "skein" or a "ball" of wool/yarn, without having rewound into a ball, and I didn't understand at first that you would be pulling the pill bottle out of the "new ball". I will try it ? thanks everyone for the clarification. ?

Last edited:
Pac, I have always had a horrid fear of guns, but hearing and watching your process of refurbishing and putting them together gives me a new respect for the gun and the person. For you, finding, looking after and using your guns is the same for me with my yarn and my cake decorating.

Sometimes ignorance is not bliss! Thanks for that.

PS your signature is unfairly taunting my gallbladder! :-p

Thanks. It's really no different than any other hobby.
I call it "ballistic therapy" :LOL:

Although I could have done without the three hours work this morning cleaning out all the little holes with a rolled up piece of sandpaper. But still, I had nothing better to do.

BTW, I bet you didn't know I could knit at one time :ermm:
My sister was big into that. Still is. When I was a kid she taught me to make those little knit Christmas bells with the real bells inside that you pin onto your shirt. I'm sure you've seen them.

Thanks. It's really no different than any other hobby.
I call it "ballistic therapy" :LOL:

I find shooting very, very relaxing. It's a zen thing. It's just you, the gun and a target. You're forced to breathe slowly and deliberately, much like meditation and counting your breaths. When you're "in the zone" and having a good shoot you don't hear much/see much since you're focused. It really does tend to make the rest of the world melt away.

What am I doing currently? Waiting to leave the house so that we can go see a couple of Golden Retrievers/Golden Retriever mixes up for adoption. Our beautiful Havana passed in October and we're now ready to start considering the right Golden again. This may take some time, or we may have a dog in the next few days.

I find shooting very, very relaxing. It's a zen thing. It's just you, the gun and a target. You're forced to breathe slowly and deliberately, much like meditation and counting your breaths. When you're "in the zone" and having a good shoot you don't hear much/see much since you're focused. It really does tend to make the rest of the world melt away.

That's exactly what I said last year sometime. It's so relaxing. Especially when you are trying to shoot a one holer off a bench. When I get into the zone I can see the scope crosshairs stop moving as my heart stops...

What am I doing currently? Waiting to leave the house so that we can go see a couple of Golden Retrievers/Golden Retriever mixes up for adoption. Our beautiful Havana passed in October and we're now ready to start considering the right Golden again. This may take some time, or we may have a dog in the next few days.

I understand completely. My sister has had Goldens for many years now. In fact she now lives on the property of a breeder. :) They are very careful about who adopts the puppies - they want to get the right fit for both sides. While I have never had the pleasure of having a golden, they are wonderful dogs. Each time my sister has lost one I cry...then I welcome the new little one with open arms. And they have all had different personalities.

Phinz, do you show or do tracking with your dogs? Murphy, my sister's beauty she just lost last spring was the first dog to get the highest distinction is tracking in Canada and had it in the States as well. But above all, they are just part of the family.

BTW, I bet you didn't know I could knit at one time :ermm:
My sister was big into that. Still is. When I was a kid she taught me to make those little knit Christmas bells with the real bells inside that you pin onto your shirt. I'm sure you've seen them.

I did not know that! Good for you! :) And yes, I know those bells!

There was a football great by the name of Rosie Greer who openly admitted he did needlepoint. Now this was a huge man who ran into other men for a living, saying on TV that he grounds himself by doing embroidery, needlepoint and cross-stitch in his off-time. Some of his work can be Googled. it is great!

3rosie-chillin.jpg

Last edited:
I did not know that! Good for you! :) And yes, I know those bells!

There was a football great by the name of Rosie Greer who openly admitted he did needlepoint. Now this was a huge man who ran into other men for a living, saying on TV that he grounds himself by doing embroidery, needlepoint and cross-stitch in his off-time. Some of his work can be Googled. it is great!

3rosie-chillin.jpg
I don't pay much attention to football, but I remember Rosie Greer. I was impressed at the time. But, I remember thinking that it was easier for him than for a lot of men. Who would dare call him a wuss? :LOL:

I don't pay much attention to football, but I remember Rosie Greer. I was impressed at the time. But, I remember thinking that it was easier for him than for a lot of men. Who would dare call him a wuss? :LOL:

:LOL: I remember him, fascinating guy. Talk about someone who's comfortable in his own skin, and going by "Rosie" too!

I have a whole stack of my old jeans that I'm hacking up. The seats with pockets will be used for totes and purses, and the legs are planned for lap quilts.

:LOL: I tried to explain the projects to DH, he was appalled. He thought I was making Daisey Dukes to wear! :LOL:

Last edited:
I just got back from a 4 hour snowshoeing hike up a mountain a ways north of where I live, with a fellow I have been dating. Last week we went target practicing, and I beat him:).

It was rather warm out today, so the building is making noises. The walls are warming up and creaking. And the boards under the rug are talking to me. No, I am not going mad. It is this crazy building. It is old and likes to talk. I just hope it shuts up by the time I go to bed. I need to take up drinking! :angel:

I just got back from a 4 hour snowshoeing hike up a mountain a ways north of where I live, with a fellow I have been dating. Last week we went target practicing, and I beat him:).

Next week you should combine the activities for a little biathalon :)

I spent the morning with a friend making cards. She sells the stamps and supplies and had a party at our other neighbour's on Tuesday night but I was not feeling up to going so she came to me! We had a great time chatting and creating. It is something I can do without a lot of energy and my hands seem to handle the stamping and paper punching okay. My only difficulty may be peeling the back off the double sided tape, but if it doesn't look perfect no one sees it anyway! (Wow, don't let my perfectionism know I said that :ohmy:).

:ROFLMAO:

Now I am trying to tidy up a bit and decide what to do for dinner.

:LOL: I remember him, fascinating guy. Talk about someone who's comfortable in his own skin, and going by "Rosie" too!

I forgot that I know another man who is comfortable in his own skin when it comes to doing needlepoint (plastic canvas)....my own father-in-law. And he probably wouldn't be any taller or bigger than one of Rosie Greer's legs :ROFLMAO: Seriously, he is about five feet and skinny as a rail and his hands are all crippled up from a long career as a heavy duty mechanic. But at Christmas all the kids get really great handmade presents including "replicas" of their vehicles, snowflakes, triangular Santa heads, and so much more. He spends most of the year making them and no one has a clue what they are until they get them. He has made picnic napkin holders, napkin rings, and many other larger things to be sold at the hospital thrift stores. I am really proud of him. (The size reference makes no difference I was just saying it because of Rosie :LOL:).

Next week you should combine the activities for a little biathalon :)

Now that could be interesting. He definitely beat me at snowshoeing. He says he has been hiking these mountains his whole life. I just turned out to be in not as good as shape as I thought:). Hmmmm, maybe we should delay any event for a while;)

Phinz, do you show or do tracking with your dogs? Murphy, my sister's beauty she just lost last spring was the first dog to get the highest distinction is tracking in Canada and had it in the States as well. But above all, they are just part of the family.

No, I don't. Havana was my first Golden. She was a stray when we found her. About 4 years old at the time, give or take. She lived with us for another 6 years and found her way deep into my heart. Heck, I named her after a Jimmy Buffett song because whenever I was away from her I was Havana Daydreamin'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom