What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And I had to bawl my way through Jay Leno's last Tonight Show.....sniff.

Last edited:
I'm watching Chopped Canada in the hospital. Got here yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated; it's amazing what five bags of fluid does for a body, lol. I know it's not funny but January was one of the worst months of my life and I just want to get past it at this point. Hopefully I'm going home tomorrow and can get back to cooking soon.

Best wishes for a quick recovery, GG. :flowers:

I'm watching Chopped Canada in the hospital. Got here yesterday. I was extremely dehydrated; it's amazing what five bags of fluid does for a body, lol. I know it's not funny but January was one of the worst months of my life and I just want to get past it at this point. Hopefully I'm going home tomorrow and can get back to cooking soon.

Oh no! I am so very sorry! Please, please take care of yourself! Let us know please?

With love,
~Cat

Me too. I was pretty good and held off until he started up with his parting speech. Besides, Sandy Bullock got me going last night when her faucets started to leak.

I'm "wine"ding down from a busy day. Three new recipes today, one for our dinner and two baked items. Chicken dinner was a winner, the bakery not so much. Definitely edible, but the recipes aren't worth saving.

I drink a LOT of coffee. And the caffeine in coffee is a diuretic. I can tell when I am becoming dehydrated. The condition on my skin changes and I notice it more on my arms. So when I see the change, I make it a point to get some water into me. Every time I have gone out in the ambulance, the first thing they do is start an IV, because sure enough I let myself get dehydrated. Oddly enough it is not a problem for me in the summer. I usually have an ice drink going. And when the cubes get small enough in my mouth they go. So I get water that way.

Becoming dehydrated is very serious. It can lead to failure of your organs and death. And with all the meds we are on, it is so easy to become dehydrated. Do be careful in the future GG. We would hate to have to miss you. :angel:

Day 5 of work and I am decidedly tired. But, I am managing. Having blood sugar problems this morning, so I will be a bit late into work.

I'm pretty much back, just a little tired. I'm handling everything just fine. My blood sugars have been trending down since the surgery, but waking up with a level of 55 is too darned low. I had to cook up breakfast and sit and eat it, instead of an on the fly breakfast as usual...putting me a bit behind.

We usually watch the Tonight Show every night, in bed, then shut off the TV and go to sleep. For some reason, DH was tireder than usual and shut the TV off early, forgetting that it was Jay's last night. Maybe I'm glad I didn't watch it.

I'm pretty much back, just a little tired. I'm handling everything just fine. My blood sugars have been trending down since the surgery, but waking up with a level of 55 is too darned low. I had to cook up breakfast and sit and eat it, instead of an on the fly breakfast as usual...putting me a bit behind.

Please, Princess! Don't push it. If today is day 5, I'm assuming it's your last day of the week.

Take it really easy tonight, let Shrek spoil you all weekend.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS XOXOXOX!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Last edited:
Speaking of all this hospital talk, LPB never answered me, does anyone here know if she's out of the hospital or is she posting from the hospital. I know she was going in for surgery... maybe she's posted in the dinner thread and it didn't register...

Bright, sunshiny day here today, but dang it's cold. I had to clear snow this morning and I'm hoping I have enough gas for my walkbehind to clear some more. The wind was coming out of the south, which meant it was tough going this morning with the snow "dust" blowing right back at me.
So now I'm getting ready to warm up another snowblower.

Please, Princess! Don't push it. If today is day 5, I'm assuming it's your last day of the week.

Take it really easy tonight, let Shrek spoil you all weekend.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS XOXOXOX!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Thanks, Z! I'm fine...just finishing a huge breakfast...

Speaking of all this hospital talk, LPB never answered me, does anyone here know if she's out of the hospital or is she posting from the hospital. I know she was going in for surgery... maybe she's posted in the dinner thread and it didn't register...

Bright, sunshiny day here today, but dang it's cold. I had to clear snow this morning and I'm hoping I have enough gas for my walkbehind to clear some more. The wind was coming out of the south, which meant it was tough going this morning with the snow "dust" blowing right back at me.
So now I'm getting ready to warm up another snowblower.

Yes, Laurie is out of the hospital and doing great!

What I'm doing today is cooking. So far, tomato soup, taco meat burritos and either today or tomorrow, lasagna with the leftover taco meat..

Other than that, I'm reading the last of a 3 book series by Iris Johhansen about Eve Duncan. And, maybe a nice nap later.

Thanks, Fi!

Well I'm done snowblowing for the day.
Such a calm day, but the thrown snow just isn't cooperating.

Home from the hospital, yay! Just finished a bowl of Panera's chicken noodle soup and reading the new Cooks Illustrated that arrived yesterday.

Thanks for the well wishes :)

Back
Top Bottom