"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM   #871
Certified Pretend Chef

Vit, FANTASTIC!

Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #872
Executive Chef

Vitauta, you've given us all wonderful news! I can almost feel your joy!

I hope your Mom's recovery continues rapidly. Let us all know when she finally gets that chocolate covered strawberry!

Old 12-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #873
Chef Extraordinaire

Glad to see the turnaround, Vit.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #874
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i am absolutely beside myself with renewed hope and euphoria today!! yayy!! my deepest gratitude to you good people who expressed your caring , thoughts and prayers for me and my mom yesterday.

while mom still remains gravely ill in the icu today, there was (to me) a stunning reversal in her condition overnight. yes, she still has pneumonia, blood clots, and stress on all her major organs, but there has been improvement in ALL these areas according to her lab work and other tests. today mom is engaged, smiling and talking to me. she doesn't feel great, but she is forward-looking and ready to continue the good fight!

so what do you do when you're in the hospital icu and feel like celebrating? well, we threw a party, just mom and me, in her romm, #1038 at mjh!! first i raided the patient's snack kitchen, which is generously stocked with juices, sodas, ice cream, jello, etc., etc. then, for junk food i hit the vending machines, for moi.:)
i fed mom spoons of crushed-up cherry popsicle, orange jello and ice chips. i told her about the shari's chocolate-covered strawberries waiting for her at home. she got this look of absolute joy and anticipation. meanwhile, i gorged myself scooping vanilla ice cream with fritos, chocolate with pretzels, and guzzled down two mini cans of soda pop--the first junk food and/or soda in over a year. but, if not now, When??!!

i finally promised to bring her a chocolate strawberry to her room when she is declared eligible to eat it--a goal to anticipate and strive for....we are a long way from being out of the woods, but at least the beginnings of a pathway are emerging in view as a marker to follow....
Vit, thanks for letting us know about your mom. I am so glad you put a smile on her face, YOU are a very special daughter.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:08 PM   #875
Master Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thanks, I needed to upgrade my avatar from last year's model!

Cool! I'm glad you like it...now everyone sing...

loo loo loo looloo loo loo loo.

*breath*

loo loo loo loolooo loo loo

Old 12-21-2011, 06:15 PM   #876
Chef Extraordinaire

I took my oldest dog into the vet today. She'll be 12 years old Christmas Eve. I was expecting the worse, kidneys going, and was relieved to hear it was only diabetes insipidus, which has nothing to do with sugar levels at all. So now she gets a drop of medicine in her eye everyday. And I got the OK to up her dose of aspirin rather than going the rimadyl route for her arthritus.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:26 PM   #877
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis
I took my oldest dog into the vet today. She'll be 12 years old Christmas Eve. I was expecting the worse, kidneys going, and was relieved to hear it was only diabetes insipidus, which has nothing to do with sugar levels at all. So now she gets a drop of medicine in her eye everyday. And I got the OK to up her dose of aspirin rather than going the rimadyl route for her arthritus.
Great news, Pac! Old dogs are the best. So glad the meds are easy.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:27 PM   #878
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
That's good news, Fred.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:39 PM   #879
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
taking a easy day. will finish scarf in about an hour. then clean up all my wrapping mess. i was determined to finish yesterday. so when i ran out of scotch tape, i fired up my glue gun. i worked as manager of a hallmark for seven years, so when i wrap i use lots of scotch tape, makes a smoother wrap. my family always jokes about how my presents are wrapped. wait, til they get a hot glued package.
Snicker!

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #880
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks.
She's got so much life in her I was really worried. Her time will come too soon as it is.

« Petty Vents | - »