What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO has a broken shoulder. Actually the break is on the ball at the top end of her humerus where it fits into the shoulder socket. The break is at the outer side of the ball so it doesn't interfere with the socket. Doc said 3-6 months of discomfort and PT in 6 weeks. She's in sling with a fresh supply of Vicodin.

Poor woman! I hope her discomfort lessens soon.

I don't have yak-tracks, but the Gempler equivalents, and I won't be without them.

This reminds me that I fell sometime last week, on my nose. It was dark and very windy, I was leaving my sisters' house, and pitched forward on my face. Was very grateful for no bloody nose, nor any black eyes, but the bridge of my nose is still tender.

SO has a broken shoulder. Actually the break is on the ball at the top end of her humerus where it fits into the shoulder socket. The break is at the outer side of the ball so it doesn't interfere with the socket. Doc said 3-6 months of discomfort and PT in 6 weeks. She's in sling with a fresh supply of Vicodin.
Oh man, sorry to hear that Andy. That sucks big time. I had a similar injury many many years ago playing hockey. If I recall most of the pain was gone in a couple or three weeks. Sending get well vibes out your way.

Poor woman! I hope her discomfort lessens soon.

I don't have yak-tracks, but the Gempler equivalents, and I won't be without them.

This reminds me that I fell sometime last week, on my nose. It was dark and very windy, I was leaving my sisters' house, and pitched forward on my face. Was very grateful for no bloody nose, nor any black eyes, but the bridge of my nose is still tender.

Now, you be careful, too!

It's usually me tripping over handicapped ramps and landing all 4 paws up.

Yak-Trax! You guys need Yak-Traks! Shrek wears them when he goes out on the ice, so do I!

I used to go for long walks with Beagle in my Yak-Trax (me, not Beagle), but found out they're better for short jaunts. I lost both Trax on a walk without realizing, then after getting home, had to drive around looking for them. :ermm:

Last edited:

Ouch, that sounds nasty. I hope she heals quickly.

Oh Andy, I am sorry to hear this. Please tell her I am praying for the pain to ease - I know all about it, and vicodin may take the edge off, but has it's own properties like feeling drugged.

Take good care of each other!

We have been deluged with three days of constant snow. It only has amounted to about 7 or 8 inches, but we are in an area where we usually get four inches and it immediately turns to rain and washes away...and that is in November or December!

So, I had my surgeon appointment this afternoon and it is about an hour away. I didn't want to go, but at the same time wanted to see him. TB drives for a living so didn't think anything of it. We made it there and back no problem. The surgeon is very happy with how things are looking. But it was funny when he said "there is no way there would be an abscess in the liver from my surgery, I knew it had to be a blood pocket". He was right, but both TB and I chuckled about it earlier. I have to wear the surgical girdle for two months so the incision doesn't spread and he encouraged me to go to the pool, which I want to get back to as soon as the weather clears!

So, tonight, I am relaxing and hoping to get to sleep soon. Last night was the first night since before the surgery that I have been able to spend the entire night in bed and not rotate from my recliner, the couch and the bed.

Hope you get to stay put another night LP. Nothing like dragging your blanket around like Linus. ;)

I'm about ready to hit the shower, but first I think I'll read up a bit on what is happening with my baseball team. First preseason game is Wednesday and I can't wait! Sure the games won't count until March 31st, but they're all fun to me. Love listening to our radio play-by-play announcer. Tom Hamilton could read my grocery list to me and it would sound exciting! :LOL:

I have to wear the surgical girdle for two months so the incision doesn't spread and he encouraged me to go to the pool, which I want to get back to as soon as the weather clears!

So, tonight, I am relaxing and hoping to get to sleep soon. Last night was the first night since before the surgery that I have been able to spend the entire night in bed and not rotate from my recliner, the couch and the bed.

The abdominal binder was the only thing that let me sleep while I was healing.

Glad you are getting some sleep!

OUCH! I can't empathize, haven't broken my shoulder, but I did have a 1st rib resection and that was horribly painful (even with meds) and involved a lot of PT. Take good care of her, Andy. And, remember being in pain can make a person testy. SO doesn't mean to get testy, but being in pain does that.

i am sorry to hear about your so's shoulder fracture. my best wishes for her speedy recovery. having been through your own experience recovering from a major injury not so long ago. this is your 'both sides now' moment. so couldn't be in better hands....

I'm cleaning out the utility closet. Good lord, the stuff I found in there. Managed to reduce the rag collection by 2/3, found a bunch of insulated lunch bags we've never used, and will be donating those, along with garden shoes and pot holders I haven't used for years to Goodwill. Reorganized the dusters and other cleaning stuff which hopefully the cleaning lady will put back instead of hiding them all over the house.

Next up is to call DirecTV as the receiver in the family room quit working. I did all the troubleshooting, nada. Not looking forward to sitting on hold for an eternity. I think the thing is shot.

Last edited:
Just got back from a stress test. Heart's fine. Dr. thinks I should exercise and lose weight.

That's good news to hear Andy!
That's what you get for being such a good cook. ;) I bet some variation on that could be told to at least half of us hanging around DC by our own doctors. Cooking and eating are so much fun.

I'm stalling on calling the Health Connector...again. I tried making sure the check cashed in December has finally been applied to my March premium, but it seems like my account on the website has me still waiting on locking a plan. *sigh* Considering I have a card and plan information from my insurance provider ONE of my accounts must be valid! Over the weekend the news said the state had to delete something like 20,000 duplicate accounts. Gack, I hope they killed the right one for me. :ermm:

I'm whooped so I'm sitting here waiting on a last minute load to finish in the dryer. Packing for a month away from home seems close to moving. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering what became of the pineapple I bought last week. Good thing I found it in the trunk this morning as it sure would have stunk up the car after a month in our warm climate. I keep thinking there's something else I've forgotten. I have to be sure to pack my pillow in the morning..never leave home without it. We will be picked up for the airport tomorrow evening flying 14 hrs to Buenos Aires with a layover in Lima. Buzzer went off on the dryer. I'll be back before tomorrow evening.

I am online shopping.
I think what I like most about online shopping is it is so easy to research.
Unfortunately, it is so easy to hit Submit Order, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom