What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks! It was good. The meat was flavorful and juicy, but sort of tough. I had part of a thigh, some stuffing and incredible gravy.

I got it all wrapped, bagged, sealed in containers and put away, but I have another sink full of pots and pans. I'll probably leave that until morning because now I HURT.

I forgot about the problems caused by picking up and putting the bird into and taking out of the oven (a couple of times). It's impossible to lift with your thighs and knees when you have an oven door in the way! This was only a 14# bird, but my back can't take lifting that much weight in front of myself like that. Hopefully it's only strained and if I'm careful (and lucky) it will pass.

I'll tackle the carcass in the morning. I still have a lot of stock left, so I'm thinking I'll package the meat in baggies with some of the stock in each bag to keep it from drying out in the freezer.

I went out to the tavern, (Arnold's) last night and had 6 Margaritas. The band was really good. Two lead guitars and both were very, very good. The women singing lead was also very good. The music was mostly Classic Rock.

Today, so far, I"m doing everything slowly. A bit hungover.

I got a new iron sight for my new gun in the mail just now. I'll be putting that on shortly and testing it out.
I think I'll head to wally world today, too. I want to pick up that peanut oil and scoop. I'll probably get some wings for tonight's dinner while I'm over there. If they look too busy, I'll turn around and go back tomorrow morning.

Just finished making some Ceasar dressing for dinner tonight. Next up are the prosciutto and gruyere puff pastry roll-ups and the crab stuffed shrimp.

Heaven help me I'm going to brave The Mall today. My girls need boots and coats and other essential winter stuff. Pray for me.

I just finished stripping and packaging the turkey. I'll have enough turkey in the freezer for the next year.

I'm glad I used my large frying pan to put it in yesterday. Today it had quite a bit of congealed juices to add to the stock pot where the carcass, tail, skin and juices are coming to a simmer.

I managed to get it all in the freezer by using another plastic shoe box and just put it on top of the other one.

I had been using food from the freezer all last week, so I should have enough room for several containers of the finished stock.

I didn't add the giblet stock as it's fine the way it is and plenty of it.

Paying bills. Most of ours are "paperless" and automatically paid on line, but there are a few I still have to pay the old fashioned way. Cheapskate that I am, it does annoy me to have to use a stamp and write out an envelope.

Will then package and freeze the dark meat and carcass from our Greenberg turkey. Good stuff.

Back home from the hospital. Worst day ever. Sat in bed now, with the laptop, watching Come Dine With Me on the TV, with a can of cider. Muchly needed. Stressful day.

kezlehan said:
Back home from the hospital. Worst day ever. Sat in bed now, with the laptop, watching Come Dine With Me on the TV, with a can of cider. Muchly needed. Stressful day.

So sorry to hear that, Kezlehan. Sure hope things get better.

Taking the crust off 3 loves of bread, then I need to cut the bread into cubes and let it dry. Need the cut up the flap meat for sandwiches tomorrow and then make filled cupcakes for dinner tomorrow need to shop and get a veggie for dinner tomorrow tonights dinner is still in the back of all things so I need to think about that.
kades:yum:

Sitting here and looking at my cat lounging on the bed. Plus, I am wondering why my BF is having chicken-noodle soup for a late lunch(from a mix), when he is having homemade chicken noodle soup leftovers for dinner tonight.
1.gif
Well, he was sick the last two days with a bad cold, so that is probably it. Mine tastes much better, though.

Last edited:
Waiting for guests to arrive. Then the drinking can begin. Followed by the eating then some more drinking. No smoking.

The turkey carcass yielded one 3# butter container for the freezer and 4-1/2 cups of meat and stock which is almost ready as turkey soup. I'm debating whether to add egg noodles, ramen noodles (no seasoning packet), or rice.

Sitting here and looking at my cat lounging on the bed. Plus, I am wondering why my BF is having chicken-noodle soup for a late lunch(from a mix), when he is having homemade chicken noodle soup leftovers for dinner tonight.
1.gif
Well, he was sick the last two days with a bad cold, so that is probably it. Mine tastes much better, though.

Maybe he is just setting himself up for the good stuff :)

Oh, I am sitting here wondering why nobody ever wants to start the dinner thread on Saturdays...

Maybe he is just setting himself up for the good stuff :)
lol... He likes that cup o' noodles soup. I do too when I'm too lazy to cook for lunch or when I'm on my own. I think I like it because it stays hot for so long. I can't stand soup luke warm.

I'm just about ready to give him his dinner. I already had mine.... a fontina, garlic and basil sandwich on wheat bread with soup. I might have an orange later.

Back
Top Bottom