What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm pretty sure the other three are going to come one before I get the one aired up :ermm:
Actually, I thought I would have it into the dealer for something by now and was going to have them do it, but it's been running fine.
:LOL: So, you sorta want something to need the dealer.

No, your tire sensors are not confused. If the pressure is right when it's warmer, it's not necessarily high enough when it gets colder. The pressure in the tires drops in the cold.

One good thing though, a little highway driving brings that pressure right back up a couple pounds :LOL:

:LOL: So, you sorta want something to need the dealer.

Not really... but kinda :LOL:
I just figured something would have needed looed at by now. A rattle, a heated seat not working, something. I should have had them even the tires out before I drove off with it. One was 4 lbs lower than the others and it wasn't two weeks that the warning came on.

I'm still working on the guest bedroom. Another day of discovery! 6 pairs of fins, 4 snorkels, along with other miscellaneous snorkeling stuff. We like what we're using right now for equipment, so I need to figure out what to do with all the extras. Snorkeling isn't a common pastime up here, but Goodwill might just get it anyway.
But no bag of $100 bills. :(

I'm thinking it's time I peeled those old potatoes I'm going to mash. So wrinkly and pock marked I don't want to leave the skins on.

No, your tire sensors are not confused. If the pressure is right when it's warmer, it's not necessarily high enough when it gets colder. The pressure in the tires drops in the cold.

You are correct. Life was easier before tire pressure monitoring. I'll just stick a piece of tape over it...

If your tires are filled to the correct pressure, the warning lights won't come on. They work in ranges of temps. So if your pressure is a couple of PSI below the proper setting, then colder temps will cause enough of a pressure drop to set of the warning.

So if you set your tire pressures correctly and your tires and valves don't leak, the warning lights will never come on.

I collect bones. Bones and skin and bodily fluids. Whenever I come across some, I bag them and freeze them.

The other day I noticed they were taking over both freezers so I leapt into action this morning. I gathered my 20-quart stockpot and cleaned all the bagged parts out of both freezers. The pot is on the burner with parts and water. The parts rise about 6 inches above the top of the pot. I'm hoping things will settle down a bit when they defrost so I can add aromatics.

I'm looking forward to a big load of delicious chicken stock at the end of the day.

To update, after simmering the pot for about 5-6 hours, I removed the bones and stuff, skimmed off the fat and reduced the stock down to about 5 quarts. Then it went outside in the grill to chill overnight.

It was a very thickly gelled stock. I used some of it tonight to make the tom yum goong for dinner. The rest is in the freezer in quart bags.

Andy, I throw all the bones, etc. from our rotisserie chickens in the freezer and you have inspired me to get them out and do the same. I hope my stock turns out as well as yours.

I am up once again, not able to sleep. But I am putting the time to good use. Besides catching up here, I am doing a task I have been dreading for awhile now - finishing the final income tax for Dad's estate. On one hand it will be good to get it done and out of the way, but on the other it is another reminder he is gone. It is so hard to believe it will be two years on Sunday. But he is not suffering and that is the main thing.

I drive a 2005 Volvo. It doesn't have tire pressure monitoring. It would probably make me crazy. :ermm::LOL:

We found out last Saturday that our 2009 van that was sold to us on a car lot has almost bare tires. This is in addition to falsely selling us a warranty that doesn't do anything they said it would, not telling us that there was only one key and fob and then not wanting to do anything about it, and not even doing an oil change before selling it to us. We are going through GM Canada headquarters and another affiliated dealership to get the work done and to get the place we bought it from to pay for it. We are looking at about $1,000 in total, including four new tires. So the tire pressure monitoring is the least of our worries! :ermm::LOL:

We found out last Saturday that our 2009 van that was sold to us on a car lot has almost bare tires. This is in addition to falsely selling us a warranty that doesn't do anything they said it would, not telling us that there was only one key and fob and then not wanting to do anything about it, and not even doing an oil change before selling it to us. We are going through GM Canada headquarters and another affiliated dealership to get the work done and to get the place we bought it from to pay for it. We are looking at about $1,000 in total, including four new tires. So the tire pressure monitoring is the least of our worries! :ermm::LOL:
I can't remember back from when I lived in BC, but don't used vehicles have to be certified before they can be re-sold? Here in Ontario, if a mechanic certifies a vehicle that isn't fit, he can loose his license.

Last edited:
I started another pistol project. It involves something I've never done before and unfortunately, can't find any vids on. This project should take me a while. This morning I put some finishing touches on what I started yesterday and think I may have a handle on things before I totally destroy the gun, lol.

I started another pistol project. It involves something I've never done before and unfortunately, can't find any vids on. This project should take me a while. This morning I put some finishing touches on what I started yesterday and think I may have a handle on things before I totally destroy the gun, lol.

What kind of pistol project is it?

Bummer. I'm sorry you are having to deal with that. I sure hope the place that sold you the car has to pay for that work and tires.

I bought this car and the previous one from Swedish Auto. I really like them and they seem to like me. They have been doing all the maintenance and repair on my cars since 2002. I still paid to have a guy from the APA check out the car before I bought it. He has been checking used cars for me since 2002. He does an amazing job.

What kind of pistol project is it?

It's another 1911. I am modding an existing one that I have and I'll blue it myself again. The new step is called melting. I am bevelling/contouring all the sharp lines. It's one of those "you can't put metal back" projects. So now that I am into it, there's no turning back.

It's another 1911. I am modding an existing one that I have and I'll blue it myself again. The new step is called melting. I am bevelling/contouring all the sharp lines. It's one of those "you can't put metal back" projects. So now that I am into it, there's no turning back.

So you are filing/sanding/grinding?

So you are filing/sanding/grinding?

See how I'm knocking the points off and rounding the sharp edges?
I'm about 70% there in this one area. Then once I melt everything I'll strip the parkerized finish off and change from 220 grit to 400 and polish everything, as the finish is rougher than I want it. Then I'll start fitting all the parts I ordered, which will just require normal filing and sanding.

Attachments

• 2 trigger area before.jpg
    2 trigger area before.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 154
  • 3 trigger area.jpg
    3 trigger area.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 157

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom