What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am watching curling...the Canadian Mens' Championship (The Brier).

Today is the second anniversary of my Dad's passing. And we would be sitting in his room watching curling if he were here today. I still love the sport on my own, but it is specially good today. I am not sad - I miss him lots, but I know he is not suffering and in a better place. The last few years were not kind to him and it is a comfort to know he is whole again and with my Mom and now my "Mom".

I am annoyed with my small chest freezer. I saw Ina Garten's recipe for baked shrimp cocktail, and I just KNOW I have some frozen shrimp in there somewhere. I hauled a bunch of stuff out of the freezer and put it in a big cooler, and could not find any shrimp. I didn't reach the bottom of the freezer as my (gloved) hands got very cold. Then had to repack everything so the lid would shut. It may be time to get an upright freezer.

This is why I opted for an upright freezer.

Watching the Academy Awards. Had to watch Amazing Race first, so I missed the start.

Is it short?

Yes, it's about waist high. When we first got married our refrigerator was really small. The freezer didn't even have a separate door...it was just a small freezer inside the refrigerator. Finally, we had to get this little freezer because if you bought meat, you couldn't buy ice cream, or vice versa. I had a choice between an upright or a chest and since I'm short I didn't want to be digging down into a chest freezer.

Attachments

• freezer.jpg
    freezer.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 148
Today I'm going to set up my trail camera. I've had some kind of humgungous sized cat prowling through here about every night. There's one spot where he crosses the creek I think will work.
I could call NatGeo, but I know they are busy tracking the swamp creature.

You sure it's not a Chupracabra?

*Pretty* sure... Those are goat tracks, right?
It's been hard for me to find a good set of tracks with the snow being so powdery, but they are definitely cat tracks. I'm thinking the body must be 3 ft long from it's stride.

I hope you get a good picture and don't let the dogs outside over night. If it's a lion, be careful, they like to stalk and they are coming closer to civilization to find food.

Back
Top Bottom