What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Certain areas here have had cougar sightings. We don't live close enough to the mountains, thankfully but a lot of the communities that do have been on watch.

*Pretty* sure... Those are goat tracks, right?
It's been hard for me to find a good set of tracks with the snow being so powdery, but they are definitely cat tracks. I'm thinking the body must be 3 ft long from it's stride.
I think chupacabras leave dog-like tracks. They "suck goats".

And here I thought my friends had invented the name. I have some friends who write and put on a play for their birthdays. It's a bunch of Capricorns and the plays often have a goat theme or a goat in the play. They call the party "Capricornicopia". They have been doing it for 10 years.

I know a few people around the area who swear they saw a panther/mountain lion type cat recently. And one of them knows his outdoors, so I don't think he''s embellishing.
These tracks actually went across the street and through the vineyards this time. Usually I lose it in the road because it travels the road, too. It looks like it covers ground. Moreso that the occasional feral cat that suddenly starts hanging around.

Off to read up on Chupacabras...

We have cougars, lynx and bobcats in our area but it's a rare event to actually see one. I'm sure you must have them too. This winter has been particularily hard so maybe they are getting closer to humans looking for food.

We have cougars, lynx and bobcats in our area but it's a rare event to actually see one. I'm sure you must have them too. This winter has been particularily hard so maybe they are getting closer to humans looking for food.

We don't have them according to the Fish and Wildlife people.
But when they finally came out to look at some tracks at a friend's son's house they said it sure looked like cougar tracks to them :wacko:
So who knows? ;)

Maybe I'll get a pic of bigfoot instead.
Like a partially obscurred image that may or may not be a swinging, hairy arm at the elbow :LOL:

But when they finally came out to look at some tracks at a friend's son's house they said it sure looked like cougar tracks to them :wacko:
So who knows? ;)

Like a partially obscurred image that may or may not be a swinging, hairy arm at the elbow :LOL:

If it's Bigfoot, he may take your camera and take some 'selfies' for you.

So who knows? ;)

We weren't supposed to have cougars and bobcats in Iowa, either, but we do.

wanted to go out with some friends, but now we cancelled it because of some coordination problems..
now I have to search for something to eat... :ermm:

wanted to go out with some friends, but now we cancelled it because of some coordination problems..
now I have to search for something to eat... :ermm:

I hope everyone's equilibrium returns soon... :angel:

I got the trail camera set up. It's in a great area on a nice solid tree. Something that I'm not used to having out back. Anything that crosses the creek there should trigger it.

Thanks. I'm curious, too.

Me too.

I cleaned off the dining room table that for months held all the pictures, framed and otherwise, brought home from Mom's house. I found a couple of empty plastic bins and put the pics in them. All are now conveniently shoved under the bed in the guest room. Out of sight.... But I can finally see the table.

And after laundry, I am no Martha Stewart when it comes to folding fitted sheets. My method is, roll, roll, roll, crumple, crumple, smush, and shove into the linen closet.

Today I cleaned out my spice and measuring cups cabinet. I found some spices in the back that expired in 2010.:ohmy:. I put all of the baking spices on one side and the cooking ones on the other. I put them in alphabetical order. I also got rid of(I will give them to Good Will) a lot of measuring cups I have been collecting. So glad that is done.

Today I cleaned out my spice and measuring cups cabinet. I found some spices in the back that expired in 2010.:ohmy:. I put all of the baking spices on one side and the cooking ones on the other. I put them in alphabetical order. I also got rid of(I will give them to Good Will) a lot of measuring cups I have been collecting. So glad that is done.

:LOL: 2010 doesn't seem that long ago to me, wasn't that just last year? My crushed red pepper flakes are from 2007, and still have plenty of heat!

:LOL: 2010 doesn't seem that long ago to me, wasn't that just last year? My crushed red pepper flakes are from 2007, and still have plenty of heat!

Thats funny you should say that , one of them was red pepper flakes. I had another new one so I tossed the older one out. How long do you keep spices after the expiration date? How can you tell if they are still fresh?

Thats funny you should say that , one of them was red pepper flakes. I had another new one so I tossed the older one out. How long do you keep spices after the expiration date? How can you tell if they are still fresh?

I just smell and taste. Stuff like whole nutmegs, coriander seed, and fennel seed seem to last forever. Whole cloves and star anise seem to do well too. We had the pepper flakes on a pizza recently, still plenty potent.

They don't really expire, they just might lose potency.

Back
Top Bottom